Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#51 Old 31st May 2011 at 8:29 PM
well im on my 5th re-install here and ive never made it past generation 1 on sims 3. and in sims 2 i made it to generation 2 several times but the kids of gen 2 never became teens.

www.thelongaliens.livejournal.com *updated 7-13-11* please leave a comment if you read it!
Advertisement
Scholar
#52 Old 31st May 2011 at 10:52 PM
the 4th generation is in hospital now... But it's so boring to watch the family routine every day. Wake up, eat cereal, take a shower, work, go home, play with kids, woohoo with partner, sleep... That's the usual routine for my legacy founder and heir... Soooo boring.

Hey there! :)
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 31st May 2011 at 11:38 PM
I cant seem to get past gen 1 because of error 12's just now. However before I reinstalled it a while ago my longest was gen 5 I think, but that also got corrupted, which was a really shame.

It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honor that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.
Test Subject
#54 Old 25th Jan 2013 at 8:33 PM
Default 10 Generations
I have got to ten generations but I lost it and now I am on generation 4, I always have a head of the family like a King or owner, sometimes I play as him and sometimes I don't, I also have loads of children, of course I cheat LOL
Forum Resident
#55 Old 25th Jan 2013 at 8:56 PM
I have made it to level three or four I believe on most families. The longest though was six or seven. My problem is that my sims don't know what birth control is so I end up with overpopulation...

The moon so bright shows me the way
Deep in the graveyard beside her I lay
Knowing she'll keep me safe from all harms
Though six feet apart, I lay in her arms...
Scholar
#56 Old 25th Jan 2013 at 9:38 PM
So, someone resurrected this after a year and a half
In TS2, I got to about 15. And that was in my pre-legacy days. It was pretty annoying then as well, because of how nobody else aged unless you played them, I had to keep making new people to breed with. I think I moved out of my founders house, and she survived to see the final generation 0_o it never seemed odd back then did it?
In TS3, I've only got to 5 in legacy, and 7 in normal play.

I've always played legacy-style, before I even knew it was an actual thing. I would have played sims 1 the same if I could have, I get sad when they die, obviously, but I then have a whole new sim to pay attention to! I've never turned aging off, I keep thinking I should because there is so much of the game I haven't explored because I have to get my sims to reproduce before theyre too old!

Call me Gemma or Gem :)
Played since original 'The Sims'. Spend my life working, playing and lurking around here, posting way too much not enough.
The Only Way Is Up
simblr
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 26th Jan 2013 at 2:08 AM
The farthest I've ever gotten in a Legacy challenge was The Sims 2, I got Generation #4 up to Teens, then I got bored and just stopped.

The farthest in Sim's 3 I've gotten I think is Generation 3 as babies, maybe toddlers. I've had a lot more Legacies in the Sims 3 end because the family got too bugged up to continue, or had one bug that pissed me off so much that I quit on the family.

Once time I was playing a legacy I had a husband and wife with lifetime wants of monster maker, and stealing $50,000 worth of stuff. My monster maker needed to find manually (not through drilling, stupid bug) 10 unique gems to get the heart shaped cut I needed for making a simbot. So eventually after HOURS after finding gems around town I was like "screw this, I'll send them on vacation to get unique gems only available there". So I got the gems I needed, but then I came back and her husband, who was like $15,000 away from his steal $50,000 lifetime wish suddenly had his total theft count reduced to $0!!! Somehow going on vacation marked everything in my family inventory as not being stolen! So then I crafted my heart shaped pink diamond to turn in for the simbot quest, and my sim stays in the science building for 10 sim minutes, then comes out, Nothing happens! No matter how many times I go in, they don't take my heart shaped pink diamond. In so short a time, both members of Generation #1 got screwed out of their life time wishes, and their kids looked so promising to.
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 26th Jan 2013 at 3:01 AM
Hmmm, I've actually played long enough for Gen 1 to die off - two whole times! I said that before though, didn't I...
I'm pretty serious about a new legacy I recently started, though, and that family is just about to get to Spring for the first time, so I'm hopeful I"ll actually stick with this one. I haven't seen Spring yet due to my tendency to switch games after the lag sets in or just whenever I feel like it. But then I miss my sims that I'm not playing. But ugh, lag.
Still, this legacy I'm working on, I'm already in love with the family. And for Gen 2 I rolled Collector for both primary and secondary income. Didn't know that was even possible. But I've never had even one sim focus on collecting, so it'll be fun to try.

Intersecting modular stairs.
Test Subject
#59 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 6:13 AM
I did 8 gens on sims 2 made up of 2 families marrying each other with one new sim for one of the pairs, not from there gene pool, just to stop incest. On sims 3 its two hard and boring because it takes to long so i only got to 3, in one house.
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 9:32 PM
4, I think. Then it was time for another re-install.
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 11:40 PM
I've only gotten Generation 4 up to the age of Child.

It seems that by the time I get that far that that bugs or constant lag issues with the family cause me to stop playing.

For example, the last time I quit playing a legacy challenge I ran into a bug when my heiress tried to her longtime childhood friend. They did the wedding ceremony, but her new spouse never moved into the house (and there was plenty room for them to), nor did I get the usual window to select who to move into what house after the marriage. Reloading the game didn't change the result.

Is the Sims 3 less laggy or buggy now? I haven't played it in almost a year since getting a new computer.
Page 3 of 3