Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 30th Sep 2016 at 7:29 AM
I found another one by LumiaLover on Sims4forum. Works fine. I have a LOT of CC, so I'm not surprised that some of them conflict.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#27 Old 30th Sep 2016 at 11:31 AM Last edited by MiniMimi : 30th Sep 2016 at 11:44 AM.
A video that shows the new goodies: https://youtu.be/3vkC25GjkpE
Pretty cool stuff

Related CC is already out!
Female hair unaccessorized (with or without ribbons): http://blogsimplesimmer.tumblr.com/...ject-real-quick
Female Dress unstencilized + gazillion recolors: https://standardheld.tumblr.com/pos...-infos-download That dress is actually a very pretty mesh.
Smeg Head
#28 Old 1st Oct 2016 at 10:21 AM
What I have noticed in a lot of the XMLs since looking at them last night, is an unnecessary doubling-up of a lot of code. Like they have run a great many XMLs through a batch programme, so things like CHILD get a second, duplicate entry on an XML. On some food baking and cake recipe files the "Dessert" assignation being duplicated, some GTW serums the "DRINK SERUM" becoming a double entry. Since it's a carbon copy of the original entry, it will make absolutely no difference in game, it's just a batch compiler hiccup after being run through the discombobulator machine.

I didn't want to alter any of my own mods to reflect this pointless doubling up of code, as the XMLs could just as easily be cleaned up in another patch. But the doubling up seems, not exactly rife or abundant, but a good few mods and their XMLs will be effected by same. But there will be no need to update the mod because of duplicate entries. Yay, so goes the thrills and spills of modding
Top Secret Researcher
#29 Old 1st Oct 2016 at 11:19 AM
? How odd, someone must have pressed the compile button twice lol
Err, coolspear1 does that mean that everything (clothing to food to objects) for kids is broken? Or is it merely useless lines..
Smeg Head
#30 Old 1st Oct 2016 at 2:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MiniMimi
? How odd, someone must have pressed the compile button twice lol
Err, coolspear1 does that mean that everything (clothing to food to objects) for kids is broken? Or is it merely useless lines..

Ha, ha, that's what I get for being half asleep last night when comparing the files. After doing "proper" checks today, I see got my report arse-backwards. They did not add duplicate coding with this patch, they removed it. Using Winmerge last night to compare old with new, I kept seeing a lot of this type of stuff -

-<V t="sim_info">
-<U n="sim_info">
-<V n="ages" t="specified">
-<L n="specified">
<E>TEEN</E>
<E>YOUNGADULT</E>
<E>ADULT</E>
<E>ELDER</E>
<E>CHILD</E>
<E>CHILD</E>
</L>
</V>
<E n="who">Actor</E>

Half asleep, I thought they duplicated things like the CHILD entry tag a second time in this patch. Same with a lot of tags for food types and so on. Wide awake today, I find that they actually removed a lot of those duplicate tags that they put in... whenever. Some keen-eyed modder I am. How could that have slipped me by in previous months? Anyway, take my initial report and completely reverse it, and that's one of the things this patch did quite a bit of. Deleted many duplicate tags rather than added them. Now, hands up who still trusts me as a modder. ("Should have went to SpecSavers.")
Instructor
#31 Old 1st Oct 2016 at 2:59 PM
If you REALLY wanted to be mean and Trololo you could have put it like this ...

-<V t="sim_info">
-<U n="sim_info">
-<L n="specified">
<E>TEEN</E>
<E>YOUNGADULT</E>
<E>ADULT</E>
<E>ELDER</E>
<E>CHILD</E>
<E>TODDLER</E>
</L>
</V>
<E n="who">Actor</E>
Smeg Head
#32 Old 1st Oct 2016 at 3:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Drakron
If you REALLY wanted to be mean and Trololo you could have put it like this ...

-<V t="sim_info">
-<U n="sim_info">
-<L n="specified">
<E>TEEN</E>
<E>YOUNGADULT</E>
<E>ADULT</E>
<E>ELDER</E>
<E>CHILD</E>
<E>TODDLER</E>
</L>
</V>
<E n="who">Actor</E>

Almost, but this would have been the ultimate -

-<V t="sim_info">
-<U n="sim_info">
-<L n="specified">
<E>TEEN</E>
<E>PRETEEN</E>
<E>YOUNGADULT</E>
<E>ADULT</E>
<E>ELDER</E>
<E>CHILD</E>
<E>TODDLER</E>
</L>
</V>
<E n="who">Actor</E>
Test Subject
#33 Old 2nd Oct 2016 at 12:24 PM
I have a lot of CC content and after the patch it said that it disabled some of my mods. I can't get them back. Now my sim is running around bald headed and half the furniture in my house is gone. I use TS4 Mod Manager. When I loaded that up is did say that it was using less mods than I had loaded. So I uninstalled everything and re-installed it. Now it says I am using all my mods but when I go to look for the furniture that I had before its not there. *sigh* I don't know what to do now. Other than not play any more.
Smeg Head
#34 Old 2nd Oct 2016 at 12:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Selannii
I have a lot of CC content and after the patch it said that it disabled some of my mods. I can't get them back. Now my sim is running around bald headed and half the furniture in my house is gone. I use TS4 Mod Manager. When I loaded that up is did say that it was using less mods than I had loaded. So I uninstalled everything and re-installed it. Now it says I am using all my mods but when I go to look for the furniture that I had before its not there. *sigh* I don't know what to do now. Other than not play any more.

During the install of a new patch, the game rule is to always switch off the mods folder. All you need to do is go into Options and switch mods back on. It's just a Maxis safety precaution to protect your game from outdated mods that could cause harm. If you know your mods are in good shape, then just switch the folder back on and all CC and mods will be back working again. Just remember it will do this every time you patch.
Test Subject
#35 Old 2nd Oct 2016 at 3:35 PM
I'm actually having some trouble in the game right now possibly related to the patch but I still need to try a few things. When I start playing everything is fine but after a while I cannot open my sims phone menu anymore...
So far I can only fix it by restarting the game
Top Secret Researcher
#36 Old 2nd Oct 2016 at 10:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lumily
I'm actually having some trouble in the game right now possibly related to the patch but I still need to try a few things. When I start playing everything is fine but after a while I cannot open my sims phone menu anymore...
You sure you didn't forget a phone mod in there? Or a non autonomous phone action mod?
Test Subject
#37 Old 4th Oct 2016 at 8:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MiniMimi
You sure you didn't forget a phone mod in there? Or a non autonomous phone action mod?

I'm pretty sure. I have very few mods in my game. I did download some mods to prevent some other autonomous stuff like the making drinks at bars which was driving me nuts but nothing connected to the phone. I'll remove them anyway and try again...Wish me luck.
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 4th Oct 2016 at 8:51 PM
I finally did a "repair game" run to fix all the little glitches. It worked, all mods and CC are working.
Test Subject
#39 Old 6th Oct 2016 at 2:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Enki
Did today's patch break any mods? I see in the patch notes that they patched in a new recipe and I'm worried it might affect cooking/baking/ingredients mods.

I have a bunch of food related mods. And, I cannot make the new recipe.
Test Subject
#40 Old 6th Oct 2016 at 6:30 AM

Do you remember being able to access the phone menu before this patch? There was a similar issue in the previous patch which was due to the UI Cheats Extension mod.
Instructor
#41 Old 6th Oct 2016 at 7:50 AM
the whole franchise is broken

Mirror floors, sexy mirror silhouettes, adult DVD, legend of zelda items and more ALL FREE AT: XTRA SIMS!
Test Subject
#42 Old 6th Oct 2016 at 9:41 AM
No broken CC for me as such, but I'm finding randomly generated sims and some of the households I play are getting the new "deathmasks" as makeup. I'd like to not have this happen as I don't want to have to edit every sim in the game to remove them. My game looks like a damn Kiss convention!
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#43 Old 6th Oct 2016 at 10:34 AM
Maybe that's the still secret festival for the upcoming EP, KISS and Black Metal conventions?
:sings "I was made for lovin you baby, you were made for lovin me..." :
Test Subject
#44 Old 8th Oct 2016 at 9:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fusil
Do you remember being able to access the phone menu before this patch? There was a similar issue in the previous patch which was due to the UI Cheats Extension mod.

Thanks for the tip!!! I DO use that mod and I know that the menu worked fine before. Started to slowly put mods back to see which one it is. Already know it's not command center (thank god)...I'll check the UI cheat extension one and post again when I know. Thanks again for the tip!
dodgy builder
#45 Old 8th Oct 2016 at 10:35 AM Last edited by Volvenom : 8th Oct 2016 at 12:32 PM.
I would like to get rid of the hole festival. It's not native to where I live. It's here now though, damn angloamerikans I liked it better when they came between xmas and newyear when we actually had something to offer.
Test Subject
#46 Old 9th Oct 2016 at 9:30 AM
Thanks for the tip!!! I DO use that mod and I know that the menu worked fine before. Started to slowly put mods back to see which one it is. Already know it's not command center (thank god)...I'll check the UI cheat extension one and post again when I know. Thanks again for the tip!

So indeed it is caused by the IU cheat extension (V1.6). I played for quite a while yesterday after I took it out and I had no problems with the phone menu.
Test Subject
#47 Old 9th Oct 2016 at 12:11 PM
So indeed it is caused by the IU cheat extension (V1.6). I played for quite a while yesterday after I took it out and I had no problems with the phone menu.

Oh man I'm sorry I forgot to mention, there's a update for the UI cheat that should take care of the phone menu problem. It's the exact same version number as the old one, but it's a newer version that fixes the issue.
Test Subject
#48 Old 15th Oct 2016 at 10:12 PM
Can anyone help me? My Sims 4 launches, but it just goes to the logo and doesn't change from that. The music will play through twice and just stop. It seems like anytime I put any mod into the Mods folder, it does this, such that I can only run a vanilla game.

Help??
Scholar
#49 Old 16th Oct 2016 at 4:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CuriousitySIMS
Can anyone help me? My Sims 4 launches, but it just goes to the logo and doesn't change from that. The music will play through twice and just stop. It seems like anytime I put any mod into the Mods folder, it does this, such that I can only run a vanilla game.

Help??

You probably have outdated mods. there are helpful suggestions here and other places in the thread:

http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...373#post4831373
Page 2 of 2