Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Sep 2016 at 4:18 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Seasons, University Life
Default Loading saved game REALLY slow and crashing
So, i've installed windows 7 ultimate (finally, hallelujah) and cleaned my computer, than I downloaded all Eps, Sps (i've had all until Diesel) and updated the game. I replaced all my old version mods with new version (mostly nraas mods). My game was pretty slow when loading the world (about 5 to 10 min) but i didn't mind it since i have probably like 3.5 gb cc and a quite of a rich story,but since i did all of that (what was written in the start lol) my game takes about 30 damn minutes to load,probably up to 45. The bar loads quite fast (about a minute or two) util it gets to 99% it takes forever but the pictures are tips are changing and the music still plays smooth so i didn't noticed any lagging and freezing. I removed all my cc and mods except the sims 3 pack ones (i don't have a lot of it). The game took around 10-15 minutes to load but i cant play without CAS cc because lets be real, the cc and slider free sims are soooo ugly, they have a face of a melted barbie and have 90% ugly clothes and hair that looks all cracked up while cc sims look like they're drawn by DeviantArt's best artists. With all that being said, i hope someone has a solution that will probably help not just me but a lot of sims 3 players and i hope that people don't ignore this.

Specs: Windows 7 Ultimate, 32-bit(unfortunately) SP1 ,AMD Althon II X2 215 Processor, AMD Radeon HD 6450, 3GB Ram
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 29th Sep 2016 at 4:32 PM
Does it take that long to load every save or just a specific one? What about a fresh new game and/or a different world?
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Sep 2016 at 4:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Vincent T.
Does it take that long to load every save or just a specific one? What about a fresh new game and/or a different world?

Same, i was only loading games that i just started playing and a new game.
Scholar
#4 Old 29th Sep 2016 at 5:12 PM
are you sure you have not some sneaky bad cc? A few days ago I accidentally put a Sim2 package into S3 mods directory. And that was disaster, from insane loading time into freezes and other stuff. Like, you know, the game just could not refuse to load and process wrong file... eh.

Aaaannnnd - did you disabled indexing on this drive? Or at last within your game's folders' tree? Indexing and antivirus running may really slows the hdd response.

/*
but I still suspect there're some loops leftovers within the code, even on healthy fresh installed game the loading time is too long anyway, I mean: there's no such big data even in 10th generation game to be processed *10 minutes* or a half hour, gods... Sometimes I feel like Sims makes my PC a ZX Spectrum "bzzzzzz, biiiip, bzzzzzzz" -.-
*/

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Mad Poster
#5 Old 30th Sep 2016 at 7:50 AM
Once you do get into your game, try a MasterController Reset Everything from City Hall. And yes, recheck your CC for culprits gumming up the works, just one "bad" item could do it.

But I'm sorry, with Win 7 32-bit on only 3 GB of RAM total and on that particular graphics card, your game is going to have load, save, and performance issues all over the place as there isn't going to be nearly enough RAM to go around. There really isn't any way to improve on that unless you can squeeze in one more GB of RAM, but even then the graphics card is going to hold you back. This system is just not made for a game like TS3.
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 30th Sep 2016 at 12:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Once you do get into your game, try a MasterController Reset Everything from City Hall. And yes, recheck your CC for culprits gumming up the works, just one "bad" item could do it.

But I'm sorry, with Win 7 32-bit on only 3 GB of RAM total and on that particular graphics card, your game is going to have load, save, and performance issues all over the place as there isn't going to be nearly enough RAM to go around. There really isn't any way to improve on that unless you can squeeze in one more GB of RAM, but even then the graphics card is going to hold you back. This system is just not made for a game like TS3.

I will try this, thanks. I'm fully aware that my game has those issues because of my specs but i got used to lagging when travelling and waiting when i had about 6eps but now when i have all of them its unplayable if i have to waste more than half an hour to play a game. Its ironic because in system req for sims 3 is much lower according to the internet.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 30th Sep 2016 at 1:12 PM
The Minimum Requirements for Win 7, usually stated for the base game only with no patches are a little lower not much lower. The Min Requirements for Win XP, which used far less in the way of resources, was much lower. But with 11 EPs in play and on Patch 1.67/69, the calculation changes significantly not exclusively but in part because of the overhead that Pets and Seasons add (IP and ITF would be right behind those two on heaviness). Also, Minimum Requirements means that the game will launch and you might be able to play it somewhat for a while. Doesn't mean that it will be much fun or that you can then add GBs of CC to it. That's what Recommended Requirements are for.

And again, your particular model graphics card stands out from its peers produced around that time as being not suitable to run the game at all. You are fortunate, I'm afraid, that you can even get it started with all EPs but I know it doesn't feel very fortunate to be able to start up after so much delay only to get into a game that is not stable. There may be others here who can suggest something else to try and again I'm sorry, but the TS3 experience you are chasing down here is not likely to be a good one.
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 30th Sep 2016 at 1:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ElaineNualla
are you sure you have not some sneaky bad cc? A few days ago I accidentally put a Sim2 package into S3 mods directory. And that was disaster, from insane loading time into freezes and other stuff. Like, you know, the game just could not refuse to load and process wrong file... eh.

Aaaannnnd - did you disabled indexing on this drive? Or at last within your game's folders' tree? Indexing and antivirus running may really slows the hdd response.

/*
but I still suspect there're some loops leftovers within the code, even on healthy fresh installed game the loading time is too long anyway, I mean: there's no such big data even in 10th generation game to be processed *10 minutes* or a half hour, gods... Sometimes I feel like Sims makes my PC a ZX Spectrum "bzzzzzz, biiiip, bzzzzzzz" -.-
*/

Lol i've once put a package file from sims 3 in the sims 4 folder thinking it was a cc was for sims 4 they look so similar when they're covered in cc. I dont play it anymore btw i just dont like it. I doubt that i have some bad cc because i didnt have any problems when i had 6 eps and sps and i didnt download anything new exept replacing mods with newer versions since i've uptaded the game. But thanks for the advice. Ill just uninstall newver eps i dont even like mythical creatures,univercity(just in sims lol) and others lol i just like seasons and future.