Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jun 2017 at 7:44 PM Last edited by mistydoggoxo : 14th Jun 2017 at 8:30 PM.
Default How Do I Reinstall The Sims 3
I know il be killed for posting this, but I have no clue how to reinstall my game. How do I reinstall my game and keep all my save games. BTW I am playing the sims 3 and have World Adventures installed on disc, not origin. Cut me some slack, I am especially bad with technology
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 14th Jun 2017 at 8:04 PM
pulls out gun, shoots

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Jun 2017 at 8:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
pulls out gun, shoots

oops.................
Instructor
#4 Old 14th Jun 2017 at 8:23 PM
Okay, you should be able to find a lot of this information in the wiki, but here's the cliff notes.

Go to Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3

You'll want to save the following folder in a separate directory (say, on your desktop):
- Saves

Now you'll go through the uninstall process, and then reinstall the game. Once that's completed, move those folders back to The Sims 3 folder.

Bear in mind that this will not save any of your mods/package files or CC installed via Sims3Pack. (Those would be in the Mods and Downloads folders, respectively. If you delete your Sims3Packs from Downloads after you install them, then the DCCache folder is where the game stores what has already been installed in its own format.)

Sims that are saved to the bin would be in the SavedSims folder, and anything you've created in game and exported for upload would be in Exports.

I went through this process a few months ago when I wanted to transfer all of my saves and CC over to my new laptop and it worked well for me, however YMMV.
Site Helper
#5 Old 14th Jun 2017 at 9:01 PM
Or, if you're feeling lazy, it's fine to just copy the entire Documents Sims 3 folder, and then copy it all back over to the new installation.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#6 Old 14th Jun 2017 at 9:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
Or, if you're feeling lazy, it's fine to just copy the entire Documents Sims 3 folder, and then copy it all back over to the new installation.

That's really the best way. You're bound to forget something otherwise.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Instructor
#7 Old 14th Jun 2017 at 11:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mistydoggoxo
BTW I am playing the sims 3 and have World Adventures installed on disc, not origin.

Good!! Stay away from origin (1.69)!!