Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Sep 2018 at 7:14 PM
Default University Espresso bar in owned lots
After stumbling across this old thread http://modthesims.info/t/332087 I found out that the only way the espresso bar works in an owned lot is making an employee use it; I've searched but didn't found anything else about it, is there a way to fix this problem to make it work with the sims in the household?
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 29th Sep 2018 at 7:53 PM
either a mod or a new version of the object might fix it.
not sure if either exist or not.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 29th Sep 2018 at 8:54 PM
Espresso bar spawns a npc when it's in unowned community lot. Also, fun fact: the object exists within just AL as well.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 29th Sep 2018 at 9:45 PM
To the best of my knowledge, no one has ever successfully fixed that. I think you may even have to hire a townie to man it? Never tried, not sure. If you want a coffee shop, you either have to hire an employee, or install a bandatron and a regular espresso-machine, enabled for community lots.

It's been a problem for a long time, but somebody fixed the OFB uniform glitch recently, so there's hope. Perhaps you'll be the one!

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Instructor
#5 Old 29th Sep 2018 at 9:53 PM
I don't think guests, customers and employees can use espresso machines i tried it a few times and it's just unavaliable for them even the small coffee pots i tried and nothing... so they don't use them. There is this Retro Coffee Machine http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=292985 but the only issue with it is your sims constantly keep going to drink from it when their energy levels drop even slightly so you have to turn Free Will off but again not sure if guests, employees or even customers could use it. Only way they can use the games espresso machine if you serve espresso so they can take one but then your sims end up taking one too.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 29th Sep 2018 at 10:36 PM
Use hire family mod, then once hired they can man the expresso. To stop them going to work while playing the home lot use the Simlogical Institution sign. (fools the game into thinking they are at work)
http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...cd&topic=7778.0
http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...itutionSign.htm needs a patch applied. Read it over.

There are now 2 fixes for the OFB face glitch, one uploaded here and the other by Chris Hatch-I am using CH's. Both work slightly differently.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#7 Old 29th Sep 2018 at 10:39 PM
Squinge made a mod to let visitors use the espresso machine. That's the base game espresso machine that costs §450, not the University espresso bar. Unfortunately, when I tried it myself a few years back it just made my Sims make espresso obsessively all the time, so there were empty espresso cups all over their houses, and I had to remove the mod. But that might have been because of a clash with another mod, or because of the unusual combination of EPs that I had at the time.

It would be worth trying it though.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 30th Sep 2018 at 6:26 PM
Thank you all for your replies; so it seems like there's no real solution to the problem, just workarounds. I'll try a few of these, or I'll stick with the employee serving the espresso.
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
It's been a problem for a long time, but somebody fixed the OFB uniform glitch recently, so there's hope. Perhaps you'll be the one!

I'd really love to be able to fix this, but unfortunately I'm no modder; I will still try to find a way to do it, though.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 30th Sep 2018 at 7:04 PM
Nobody's a modder when they start.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)