Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jun 2016 at 4:38 PM
Default s4pe 0.4.5 beta
Version 0.4.5 beta of s4pe is available. The only changes are to the CASP and GEOM resources, for compatibility with the 6/2/16 game patch.

Download here: https://github.com/s4ptacle/Sims4Tools/releases

Please comment with bugs, suggestions, etc.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
3 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 9th Jul 2016 at 5:04 AM
Looks like another CASP update is needed!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Jul 2016 at 6:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by afgw
Looks like another CASP update is needed!

Why? What error did you get and on which version of CASP?

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Test Subject
#4 Old 10th Jul 2016 at 5:22 AM
I was getting 'Error reading resource' on new CC from various creators even after I discovered and installed 0.4.5-beta, but it's now resolved itself. I wish s4pe could update automatically.
Test Subject
#5 Old 12th Jul 2016 at 6:30 AM
Seems I spoke too soon - not sure what's going on, but the error has reappeared. After checking specifically for it, approximately 50% of the CC I have downloaded that has a file date post 2/6/16 is giving this error. Don't know why since 0.4.5-beta is supposed to be compatible with the patch.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#6 Old 12th Jul 2016 at 1:46 PM
It works with game packages. Could you link me to at least one of the CC that's giving you this problem, and maybe post a screen grab or copy/paste of the complete text of the error?

Test Subject
#7 Old 14th Jul 2016 at 6:50 AM
Problem solved. Basically down to this fork of s4pe not having a proper installer to update stuff. I'd changed the properties of the Desktop and Start Menu icons to point to the new folder, so launching that way was fine, but I usually double-click the package and that was what was wrong. The default program was still set to 0.3.c, and because the executable doesn't change, Windows wasn't picking up on it. I've now uninstalled 0.3.c and changed the default manually, but I don't know if any registry values need changing - things an installer would handle, as does Sims 4 Studio's. Something to think about.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#8 Old 14th Jul 2016 at 11:30 AM
I wondered if it was something like that. In the absence of an installer, if you just replace your S3PE folder (keeping the same folder name) this shouldn't happen.

Instructor
#9 Old 3rd Nov 2016 at 12:07 PM
any new update coming for this??
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#10 Old 5th Nov 2016 at 3:25 AM
Eventually. Is there anything in particular you think should be changed?