Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jun 2013 at 11:31 PM
Default What Sliders or options for CAS are you expecting in the Sims 4?
This topic is on CAS Sliders,for me I like to see the following sliders or options

Muscle Definition slider from TS3
Muscle Size slider with probably limits removed or extended
Bicep Slider with the option of making the arms muscular,skinny or fat
Calve Slider with the option of making the legs muscular,skinny or fat

Bodyshape chooser for both genders
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 10th Jun 2013 at 7:52 AM
I don't know the slider's from Sims 3? But, I would think they'd stick to body shape, rather than detailing anything more for the arms and legs. I think if they added a new slider option , it will be height.

But, I can still be surprised.
Scholar
#3 Old 10th Jun 2013 at 8:31 AM
Butt slider
Instructor
#4 Old 10th Jun 2013 at 8:35 AM
Better weight slider. Rather, one that doesn't bloat my sim's face when I push it closer to max. Or a way to change the way the weight's distributed.

my tumblr - sim pics and downloads
my dreamwidth - ts2 downloads
linkdecrypter - bypass adfly and other harmful pay per click download link hiders
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 12th Jun 2013 at 1:57 PM
I'd absolutely love to see a height slider or at least a short-average-tall selection.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#6 Old 12th Jun 2013 at 2:40 PM
I would really like to see something like Saints Row had, sort of a gender slider, so you could have characters that were classed as male with wide hips and boobs, or ones classed as female with wide shoulders and narrow hips. It would mean that all clothes would be unisex and available for both genders, and folks wanting to do trans/crossdresser sims could do it easily. Would also mean that facial sliders for things heavy brow and whatnot would need to be in there too, to make androgynous/trans faces.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 12th Jun 2013 at 2:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
I would really like to see something like Saints Row had, sort of a gender slider, so you could have characters that were classed as male with wide hips and boobs, or ones classed as female with wide shoulders and narrow hips. It would mean that all clothes would be unisex and available for both genders, and folks wanting to do trans/crossdresser sims could do it easily. Would also mean that facial sliders for things heavy brow and whatnot would need to be in there too, to make androgynous/trans faces.

this sounds awesome! gender bending in sims really hard unless you have custom content. not sure on the idea that ALL clothes should be unisex but there should at least be some things that both genders can wear.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#8 Old 12th Jun 2013 at 3:20 PM
I suppose that might be annoying if you played a certain way, yeah. Perhaps there could be a... I dunno, "gender bending" tickbox in the options, to make everything available to both genders, then, and things that are fairly "unisex" otherwise (like, say, band tee shirts) available by default. Would be easy to have it as a parameter on the clothes (like "hidden" is for TS3) so simple to implement. And it would actually make it a lot easier for EA/modders to make clothes/hair as you'd only have to do it once, rather than gender-converting.

I dunno if they'd actually -do- this, as I think the outcry of conservative USian heteronormative whargarbl might be great, but, then, there's sex, violence, and teh geyz in Sims already.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 12th Jun 2013 at 3:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Legislacerator
Better weight slider. Rather, one that doesn't bloat my sim's face when I push it closer to max. Or a way to change the way the weight's distributed.

This. We were promised something like this for TS3; someone at EA (Rodiek maybe?) said that you could make fat sims with skinny little arms and bird legs in TS3.
Theorist
#10 Old 12th Jun 2013 at 5:01 PM
I'm expecting the same or similar sliders to TS3.

If there's no breast slider and no way to hack one in, then I'll stick to TS3. I like my top-heavy sims.

Resident wet blanket.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 12th Jun 2013 at 5:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GnatGoSplat
I'm expecting the same or similar sliders to TS3.

If there's no breast slider and no way to hack one in, then I'll stick to TS3. I like my top-heavy sims.

Since it was a popular feature, I'm pretty sure breasts will be editable. God, that word is always tedious to pronounce. I sometimes end up saying "edible;" though, to some people they would be.
Theorist
#12 Old 12th Jun 2013 at 7:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by frankie
Since it was a popular feature, I'm pretty sure breasts will be editable. God, that word is always tedious to pronounce. I sometimes end up saying "edible;" though, to some people they would be.

Mmmm, edible.
I would hope it wouldn't go away, but I was thinking back to when Sims Medieval came out, it didn't have breast sliders despite using a similar game engine to TS3 (although Delphy's sliders worked with it).

Resident wet blanket.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 12th Jun 2013 at 8:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GnatGoSplat
Mmmm, edible.
I would hope it wouldn't go away, but I was thinking back to when Sims Medieval came out, it didn't have breast sliders despite using a similar game engine to TS3 (although Delphy's sliders worked with it).

Oh, that's right! It didn't offer such a slider. I forgot about that. Yeah, that was odd, since TSM was released months after Late Night (the pack that introduced said slider) was released. So, I now hope that TS4 will offer customizable breasts.

Then again, the latest TS4 info from the one survey did mention clicking and dragging as a way to reshape and sculpt Sims. Could you even imagine molding breasts that way? It would totally give the art of pottery making a whole new meaning.
One Minute Ninja'd
#14 Old 12th Jun 2013 at 11:08 PM
Greater control for facial and body features would of course be appreciated, but what would be even better would be an assurance that modded sliders will be "supported". I have lots of sliders. Lots. For example, one of my must haves is the chin to neck line slider, to get rid of the double chin every sim otherwise has. It is probably a minor issue for most players, and it's quite possible that the development team could feel it not worthy of the time or effort for the game. I want an assurance that such a custom slider can be made. I don't expect EA to support it. Just allow it.

Which brings me back to my biggest fear about TS4. It better be third party mod friendly. I'm not relying on the Store and EA alone for all my content.
Instructor
#15 Old 13th Jun 2013 at 12:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
Which brings me back to my biggest fear about TS4. It better be third party mod friendly. I'm not relying on the Store and EA alone for all my content.

Even if it isn't mod-friendly out of the box, you can bet people will be finding ways around it. Hell, I seem to remember TS3 being not very mod-friendly at release, and how quickly did we have hugely overhauling mods for that?

my tumblr - sim pics and downloads
my dreamwidth - ts2 downloads
linkdecrypter - bypass adfly and other harmful pay per click download link hiders
Mad Poster
#16 Old 13th Jun 2013 at 4:54 AM
The Sims 2 had a slider for the chin to neck portion to prevent double chins and turkey waddles. Why didn't The Sims 3 come with that feature after the much hyped CAS and its alleged powers? CAS was supposed to be the shit, not be shit.
Theorist
#17 Old 13th Jun 2013 at 3:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Legislacerator
Even if it isn't mod-friendly out of the box, you can bet people will be finding ways around it. Hell, I seem to remember TS3 being not very mod-friendly at release, and how quickly did we have hugely overhauling mods for that?

Mod-friendliness probably depends a lot on the game engine. As far as CAS and slider mods go, it's possible a new game engine could be a lot less mod-able. I don't think anyone ever managed to find a way to make custom sliders for TS2 for example.

Resident wet blanket.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 13th Jun 2013 at 5:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm

I am concerned that would ruin genetics, like it has in TS3 - with females inheriting male features from the father, and vice versa. I like to have a male/female conversion factor, meaning each male sim has an exact female counterpart, and vice versa. That way genetics works properly across genders. It would be nice to make sims with features typical of the other gender, but I would rather do that manually in each case.
Test Subject
#19 Old 13th Jun 2013 at 6:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cwurts00
I am concerned that would ruin genetics, like it has in TS3 - with females inheriting male features from the father, and vice versa. I like to have a male/female conversion factor, meaning each male sim has an exact female counterpart, and vice versa. That way genetics works properly across genders. It would be nice to make sims with features typical of the other gender, but I would rather do that manually in each case.

This
Test Subject
#20 Old 13th Jun 2013 at 6:38 PM
Height sliders would be really good now for this game. Now that we have breast sliders, yes i think its time we should have butt sliders. (I'm i girl so don't think I'm being perverted) butt sliders just even out the female body. Sliders for me not only for the physical features but for the clothing too. All or most articles of clothing should have length choice due to the nature of preference most specifically sleeves, dresses/skirts, pants/shorts and the heels of women's shoes. Usually height gets in the way of smooth animation but that's up to whether the game developers want to put in the extra effort.

As far as genetics go i agree with cwurts00, also to add to conversion with gender conversion with age is also a key point as well. Younger children that already show the traits of their parents should inherit much softer versions of each trait.
Theorist
#21 Old 13th Jun 2013 at 7:30 PM
I would like the ability to choose separate genetic vs actual hair color. Like if I have a sim who is a hip and trendy scene girl with "dyed" pink hair, I don't want that hair color passed onto her kids.

Resident wet blanket.
Instructor
#22 Old 13th Jun 2013 at 9:04 PM
I'd like a more detailed slider for males, too. Like some want bigger or smaller butts on their female Sims, I want narrower waists and bigger pecs on my male Sims. It would be nice to have a classic "V shape" for the guys to match the classic "hourglass" shape most females are stuck with in The Sims 2 and 3.

Choosing where Sims could gain fat is also a plus. Some Sims can have beer bellies but the rest of them is skinny-ish, or you can play with a male Sim that has a little extra fat or roundness on his butt (hey, the glutes are a muscle too. )

Most of the built Sims in the Sims 3 have waists that are too chunky, and if we're going to get a cartoonish theme here, then why not be able to give the boys a "cartoon superhero" look if we wanted to? Muscle build shows differently on different guys, so they can either be thin and muscular or body-builder like to the max. It's just a thought, though--I doubt they'd put that much thought into the create a Sim system.

My male Sims are...Simulicious!
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 13th Jun 2013 at 9:58 PM
I'd really like a height slider, or as someone else said, a choice between short, average and tall, at the very least. I've been waiting for this for forever! I also want the diversity of options we had in TS3, including breast sliders. Butt sliders would make a great addition as well.
Mad Poster
#24 Old 14th Jun 2013 at 6:05 PM
Would a bulge definer for male Sims up the rating?
Instructor
#25 Old 15th Jun 2013 at 12:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cwurts00

Assuming we even get genetics at all. I wont be suprised if they make the game even more simple to cater to the masses.

Love does not consist of two people looking at each other, but of looking together in the right direction. - Antoine de Exupery
Page 1 of 3