Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th May 2014 at 10:50 PM Last edited by mikey : 8th May 2014 at 1:23 AM. Reason: Merged posts: 4379213, 4379218

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Seasons, University Life
So basically I did a pretty big cc haul over a few days . When I tried to start my game, it wouldnt start- which isnt unusual,
this happens a lot when I do hauls. So I did my normal routine and started with the .packages, used Delphy's Dashboard, disabled
anything corrupted or conflicting, still nothing. So I took out any game mods from my packages, still nothing. Took out all my .packages AND
any .sim files I had installed, still nothing. So I figured it was a .sims3pack (aka, its gonna be hell for the next few hours). I tried to
uninstall a few .sims3packs , and of course , the installer/uninstaller/whatever kept crashing . So what am I supposed to do now ?

Its nothing in my packages, and I cant uninstall .sims3packs .

Ive already tried taking out my mods folder and attempting to uninstall the packs then , but it didnt help .

Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 8th May 2014 at 5:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by haidynxo
So basically I did a pretty big cc haul over a few days . When I tried to start my game, it wouldnt start- which isnt unusual,
this happens a lot when I do hauls. So I did my normal routine and started with the .packages, used Delphy's Dashboard, disabled
anything corrupted or conflicting, still nothing. So I took out any game mods from my packages, still nothing. Took out all my .packages AND
any .sim files I had installed, still nothing. So I figured it was a .sims3pack (aka, its gonna be hell for the next few hours). I tried to
uninstall a few .sims3packs , and of course , the installer/uninstaller/whatever kept crashing . So what am I supposed to do now ?

Its nothing in my packages, and I cant uninstall .sims3packs .

Ive already tried taking out my mods folder and attempting to uninstall the packs then , but it didnt help .

Do you have all your Sims3Packs backed up?
They are installed to the DCCache folder so if you have them backed up you could just clear the folder.

I'd suggest you use CC Magic, I go on huge hauls too and you don't want to sit going through it all every time.
I'm far to impatience.

CC Magic will usually tell you if something is off with a file, (At least it always has for me).
Plus with all it's features and organization it's much easier to pin point a CC problem.
I had one earlier and that programme saved my game once again.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 9th May 2014 at 1:57 PM
If you have alot of sims3packs installed with the launcher, there are a few things you can do to help the launcher to function properly and avoid issues:
  • Stop content from showing up in the DOWNLOADS and UPLOADS tabs in the launcher. To do this you need to create a New Folder under each of the following folders: Downloads, Exports, and Screenshots. Move all files in those folders to the New Folder you created in each, as the Launcher is not able to see items placed in those folders. Now when you click on the tabs for Downloads and Uploads they should be empty. The less launcher has to do and keep track of, the better.
  • when you click on the Installed Content tab in the Launcher, make sure you are viewing installed items with the little tabs to the right: Sims, Pets, Lots, Objects, Patterns. The Launcher can only view 500 items at one time, if you have more than 500 items installed, anything over 500 will not be displayed. However, if you use the little tabs, then each of those categories can show you up to 500 items each. Again, you are helping the Launcher by limiting the amount of content it has to display and keep track of.

You may also want to have a look at - http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/0...om-content.html