Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Apr 2014 at 5:06 PM
Default Textures are pixelated in game. Help?
Hellooo!
So, this is a problem with which I've been dealing for quite a long time so I think there is something wrong with a basic thing I'm doing while making stuff.

Every time I use a solid color and no actual pattern, the textures are pixelated and at first, I thought it was my Graphic Card, but I have a new one now and it's still the same. So maybe there is something wrong with the specs, normalmaps,etc but I just can't figure out why. Anyone got an idea?

Thanks in advance ;D

BYE!
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 11th Apr 2014 at 8:40 PM
Could you post the texture?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Apr 2014 at 10:19 AM
Now, I wasn't sure which texture you meant so here is the normalmap, specular and the multiplier.
>>Textures<<

Thank you

BYE!
Sockpuppet
#4 Old 12th Apr 2014 at 1:38 PM
Wat format is your mask texture?
DXT1noalpha for 3 color outfits.
DXT5interpolatedalpha for 4 color outfits.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Apr 2014 at 8:01 PM
I always keep it at DXT5interpolatedalpha. I'm changing the mask now, let's see what it does.

BYE!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 12th Apr 2014 at 10:01 PM
That wasn't it, sadly :/ Other ideas?

BYE!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 6:08 AM Last edited by Joyce333 : 13th Apr 2014 at 6:09 AM. Reason: spelling mistake
Default No Idea but
I know nothing but why is there all that static between the top and bottom in the multiplier. texture. Because i do not know what mesh you used I tried it on a dress. Covered the static over with a fill in the same colour as the background. Belt and texture looked alright. It looks like your boots texture is going part way up the legs instead of only being on the boots. Another idea is to make the belt stand out by make it an overlay. Like I said I am only new at this but will try any thing once. Hope you find out what is wrong. Best of luck
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 8:50 AM
The belt is an overlay, the boots texture is where it belongs (like shown on a template). The static doesn't matter because on that there is nothing on my mesh, so it doesn't matter. But thank you for wanting to help me, I really appreciate it Maybe we can learn from each other ^^

BYE!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 16th Apr 2014 at 12:23 PM
Still haven't found a solution :/ Is there nothing I can do?

BYE!
Sockpuppet
#10 Old 16th Apr 2014 at 2:52 PM
Can i see the file?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 20th Apr 2014 at 12:52 PM
Sockpuppet
#12 Old 22nd Apr 2014 at 12:12 AM
Dont think there is anything wrong with it?
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 22nd Apr 2014 at 2:58 PM
I've come to the conclusion that it might be my screen that makes it look like that to me. On my phone it looks fine too. Thank you for helping me, I appreciate it very much!

BYE!