Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Apr 2014 at 9:01 PM
Default Pawpads for Sim hands: Tattoo or make up?
Greetings! I've been wanting to make pawpads that go on the palms and finger tips of the sims, that fully color-able. Would it be easier to make it a tattoo or make up? Is there any guide to get make up on different part of the body than the face?

I go by the name Amaai
I also have a DA & a Tumblr too.

Amaai
Marinkastel
Female | Pan | ISTP
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 22nd Apr 2014 at 10:10 PM
The easiest thing, I'd imagine, would be to do them as accessory gloves.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Apr 2014 at 10:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
The easiest thing, I'd imagine, would be to do them as accessory gloves.

Er..How would I do that? I was thinking of doing something like that with actually meshed pawpads the little bumps and such, but I'm not confident at all with meshing, I think it would just be cloned accessory glove with little nubs/bumps applied on the tips of the fingers?

I go by the name Amaai

Amaai
Marinkastel
Female | Pan | ISTP
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#4 Old 23rd Apr 2014 at 11:26 AM
Gloves are texture overlays like makeup, not meshes. Just clone an EA gloves accessory and use your texture.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#5 Old 23rd Apr 2014 at 1:10 PM
If you want to do meshed details, then you can't do them as makeup, tattoos or gloves. In that case, you'd be better off cloning another type of accessory, such as a bracelet, ring etc.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 23rd Apr 2014 at 11:31 PM Last edited by paperfriends : 24th Apr 2014 at 12:08 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Gloves are texture overlays like makeup, not meshes. Just clone an EA gloves accessory and use your texture.

So I would use CTU to clone a glove and apply my own texture?
Edit: I tried to follow both the basic Mask editing and creating a base texture. I don't know which one to follow.

I go by the name Amaai

Amaai
Marinkastel
Female | Pan | ISTP
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#7 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 12:13 AM
You'll need to follow both. The base texture adds the shading - so you'll probably want to use light and dark on that to make the pads look 3D. The mask controls which areas are recolourable, so you might want to have different colours on the mask for left and right hands, for example.

I would suggest that you just mess with the textures in CTU for a while, to get a feel of what changing each of them does.