Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Sep 2012 at 3:16 AM Last edited by ChickieTeeta : 22nd Sep 2012 at 3:36 AM.
Default Throne Room, experimental, testers wanted
Here is a castle with a throne room, and 3 bedrooms up the stairs for testing.
The doomsword hilt is also stored for your monarch (the sacrificial monarch found it on his first pit jump) there's just over 1000 simoleans in the treasury.

How to play this in a fresh kingdom.

Start your game
Pick the ambition you want to play in
Call the kingdom whatever you want, it doesn't matter since, unfortunately the name is stored in the castle file in the download and this one will be called Kerrell Valley anyway.
When it loads into the kingdom save the game.
Shut the game down and go into your saves folder (in my documents/ea/tsm)
Find the folder with the name of the kingdom you just made.
Take the world castle.nhd file from the rar and place it in this folder overwriting the one already there.
Run the game and check the furnished castle shows up for you.
If it does show up please post to say, like I said this is experimental.
If it doesn't show please post to say as well
If this works *fingers crossed* and decorating is your thing, please share =)

Some items in this castle are from pirates and nobles, I don't know what will happen if you're running just the base game, so probably best not to try this file.
Sorry, it didn't occur to me till after I'd finished decorating and exited the game.
I removed all my mods to make this just to be on the safe side, the only mod I kept in was Treeag's testing cheats mod, since the move objects cheat wouldn't work without it (I'm sure it used to)

(To save time in the future for your own stored throne rooms or hopefully downloaded ones, copy the freshly made 1a5tf1l3.dat file and the meta.data file to wherever it is you save your backups or tsm downloads to. To be able to keep these data files separate from the ones from other ambitions make a new folder for it and name that folder by the ambition name the data files were made from or pack them into a rar naming the rar after the ambition they came from, if you do this for each ambition, you'll only have to do it all once, and just copy those files to a new kingdom folder from their backup location in the future) This also means you can start the same kingdom again in any ambition with all the quest points for that ambition available without the need for cheats using the backed up data files and any world castle.nhd file.

Thank you to JadeNightFire for sharing how she saved a throne room from her eternal kingdom.

Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Forsaken_KerrellValley.rar (1.30 MB, 816 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 22nd Sep 2012 at 6:50 AM
Chickie, I'll test it for you (since I didn't post mine to test). It's the very least I could do! Besides, the decor is beautiful, and I'd like to check it out.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Sep 2012 at 6:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JadeNightFire
Chickie, I'll test it for you (since I didn't post mine to test). It's the very least I could do! Besides, the decor is beautiful, and I'd like to check it out.

Thank you Jade

I've just thought of a problem with mods.
SimModders populace mod works at the start of a kingdom, once they've been generated that's it, so making a kingdom with the mod out will stop the extras from ever generating, which would be bad if you use and love the mod.
Leaving it in would generate the extras and they'd still be there for someone who doesn't use the mod at all, which would be bad if you didn't use it because it slowed your game down or whatever.
It would be a shame to not be able to upload layouts because of this, so I'd think the best case scenario would be to note (if you're uploading one) whether or not the mod was installed at the time of creation.
The castle I uploaded in the first post was made with populace mod not installed (sad face for me, I love the extra castle staff from the populace mod)

Also, my autonomous woohoo mod would have to be removed when decorating something to share, since anyone using a different version from the uploader would have autonomous woohoo broken for that version of the kingdom.
Or at the least it would have to be stated which version was in use if the uploader forgot to remove it, then anyone downloading could decide for themselves if they want to lose auto woohoo in that kingdom.
(I removed autonomous woohoo before I made the posted castle above)

Shimrods achievement unlocker? I don't use it, and I don't know where the information gets stored that all achievements should be unlocked. I know the idea is you remove the mod once they've all been unlocked though, so would this info be stored in every world castle file that's made, in which case if someone has them all unlocked and uploads a decorated kingdom will someone who's not using the mod find themselves with all their achievements messed up for that kingdom? or will it affect every kingdom? or will it, hopefully, have no effect at all?
Assuming this works at all it would probably be better to state in an upload as well if achievements are unlocked in your game till we know for sure.

I know this post is a bit previous, since it's still experimental atm, but thought I'd mention these things before I forget.
Test Subject
#4 Old 22nd Sep 2012 at 8:28 PM
In regards to the Achievement Unlocker, there is an ach package that I believe houses the achievements. I am thinking that if you uninstall the mod, backup the ach package and then delete it from The Sims Medieval folder in My Documents that the game will generate a fresh one. I wish I was home to test the theory. As soon as I walk in the door tonight, I'll try out your save file. Only nine more hours to go!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 22nd Sep 2012 at 8:51 PM
Kingdom downloads work with Populous with no issue, not to fear

Great throne room ChickieTeeta
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 23rd Sep 2012 at 12:07 AM Last edited by ChickieTeeta : 23rd Sep 2012 at 12:17 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by ForumZombie
Kingdom downloads work with Populous with no issue, not to fear

Great throne room ChickieTeeta

Does that mean it showed up for you?
Do you mean more servants and royal advisors actually spawned for you?
Awesome on both counts if the answers are yes.

I know if you go back to a kingdom that had already spawned their staff before populous was used you don't get any extra. I tried killing a R.A hoping it would force the extras to spawn when the new one was generated but it didn't. I just got the one R.A back.
If you got them to spawn though, I'm wondering now if the game runs a new check for the staff requirements whenever a monarch is created and then throws the extras in at that point when it thinks they're missing.
I never tried killing the monarch in a pre-populous kingdom. I might check that out later, I can always not save afterwards. (I hate killing sims lol).

Thank you for the info regarding populous and thank you for testing it, much appreciated. Hopefully people will start to share layouts *fingers crossed*
This could also logically work with entire kingdoms decorated too. Not sure what you'd do with all the resource points you'd collect along the way if the whole kingdom was already decorated though, and it's a lot of sims to kill off to make it empty for upload :O but still it's possible, and I'd love to have a whole kingdom decorated by someone else too, so this isn't just limited to the castle, it's just the easiest one to get to.
Custom heroes can also be uploaded within a decorated kingdom if your thing is to make sims, the ones you want to share just don't kill off. They're all stored in the worldcastle.nhd file as well.

If you have decorated kingdoms that you've already played through, these can be emptied out of heroes (or not) and uploaded too and the downloader can start them afresh in any ambition if they use the fresh meta and .dat file created from the ambition they want to play through. All you're looking to upload is the worldcastle.nhd file from the kingdom's save folder.
Do remember to say which version of autonomous woohoo you play with though (if any) and at this point till we know more about it, if your achievements are unlocked.

Jade, when you're around, you could check the state of your achievements when you load the kingdom, since if you have them all unlocked and I don't, then if info for it was stored anywhere at all in the .nhd file then something might be weird in the achievement list.
If nothing has changed for you then it's most likely not an issue.
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 23rd Sep 2012 at 12:09 AM
In regards to the Achievement Unlocker, there is an ach package that I believe houses the achievements. I am thinking that if you uninstall the mod, backup the ach package and then delete it from The Sims Medieval folder in My Documents that the game will generate a fresh one. I wish I was home to test the theory. As soon as I walk in the door tonight, I'll try out your save file. Only nine more hours to go!

I'd been wondering about restarting achievements as well, but not in the same way as you. I love trying to get the achievements since it gives me something else to do when I'm playing, have been worrying what I'll do when I've got them all and was wishing I'd backed up the file when none of them were done. I never thought to try deleting it though. I hope that works.
If you're willing to see if it will generate a fresh one, my main concern would be if you lost access to all your unlocked clothing and objects when/if it resets itself.
Test Subject
#8 Old 23rd Sep 2012 at 1:41 AM
I've only had the game since August, so I wouldn't lose too much anyway. I would be willing to see.
Scholar
Original Poster
#9 Old 23rd Sep 2012 at 3:12 AM
I've only had the game since August, so I wouldn't lose too much anyway. I would be willing to see.

If it blocks your unlocked stuff, it should hopefully unlock the stuff again when you put your backed up one back in. Brave of you to try, thank you. I'm not that adventurous lol. They really need a chicken smilie I could use that one a lot.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 23rd Sep 2012 at 3:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ChickieTeeta
Does that mean it showed up for you?
Do you mean more servants and royal advisors actually spawned for you?
Awesome on both counts if the answers are yes.

I know if you go back to a kingdom that had already spawned their staff before populous was used you don't get any extra. I tried killing a R.A hoping it would force the extras to spawn when the new one was generated but it didn't. I just got the one R.A back.
If you got them to spawn though, I'm wondering now if the game runs a new check for the staff requirements whenever a monarch is created and then throws the extras in at that point when it thinks they're missing.
I never tried killing the monarch in a pre-populous kingdom. I might check that out later, I can always not save afterwards. (I hate killing sims lol).

Thank you for the info regarding populous and thank you for testing it, much appreciated.

ChickieTeeta's Kerrell worldcastle.nhd installed while running Simmodder99's Populous1or2.package equals
Yes, Kerrell Valley is now one of my kingdoms
Yes, a new monarch creates more servants and advisors etc
Yes, awesome
lol
You're welcome
Test Subject
#11 Old 23rd Sep 2012 at 4:43 AM
Chickie,

The only mod I have installed in my game at this moment is the Red Pepper Soup one. Love it, by the way. Your kingdom showed up in my game. Nice use of MoveObjects, especially in the throne room. I've been wondering about the Sims. Do you have a Marquess Kira in your world? She's the one wearing the animal skins. I am trying to see if there is a connection. I know that new saves generate new names for constant NPCs, such as the Builder. What I am wondering, is if because this is an "old" save, so to speak, if these are Sims saved from *your* original kingdom, or if my game has since generated it. If they are from your original save, then that sort of gives you the potential to save and carry over, say, a cool Builder (I really despised my Builder in one kingdom and darn it, I couldn't kill him). I figure it'll take luck or a mod to "save" more than few at a time, though.

Concerning the ach package--let me clarify something I said earlier. The ach package is in the Saves file of your Sims Medieval folder. Deleting the ach package resets Achievements and Ambitions. It also resets the Limited Edition code for extra content. If the ach package is deleted but not replaced, the game will generate one upon the next save. Restoring the file unlocks the Ambitions previously unlocked and restores Achievements. As far as unlocked content, I have not gotten past a Peepsmith on the Watcher level or Landlubber for Pirates, so I cannot say with a 100% certainty if this is true, but I think NOT. You must ALSO obtain a back up of gcd package (found in the same spot) and restore it, too.

I suggest this because a few days ago I was messing around with the RedeemCodeUnlocks mod, and it required that I delete my gcd package to reset the Limited Edition Code (otherwise the mod wouldn't work). Anyway, the unlocks remain even without the mod in place. They disappeared when I deleted the ach package and were restored with a backup of the gcd package. Each time you save, the gcd is revised, I believe based in part on the ach package. If a new ach package is created after deleting the old one, the gcd changes upon that same save. Does that make sense? Honestly, I don't know if I am making sense to myself anymore!
Scholar
Original Poster
#12 Old 23rd Sep 2012 at 11:25 AM Last edited by ChickieTeeta : 23rd Sep 2012 at 11:42 AM.
Chickie,

Do you have a Marquess Kira in your world? She's the one wearing the animal skins. I am trying to see if there is a connection. I know that new saves generate new names for constant NPCs, such as the Builder. What I am wondering, is if because this is an "old" save, so to speak, if these are Sims saved from *your* original kingdom, or if my game has since generated it. If they are from your original save, then that sort of gives you the potential to save and carry over, say, a cool Builder (I really despised my Builder in one kingdom and darn it, I couldn't kill him). I figure it'll take luck or a mod to "save" more than few at a time, though.

Marquess Kira spawns from the village so I won't have her. Village sims aren't stored in the nhd, which will be why they sometimes disappear out of the village to be replaced with new NPCs.
By builder, you mean the build master? If so, he's in the NHD, so I could edit him in CAS and he'd carry over with his new face, traits or whatever I'd changed if that's what you're meaning. If you're looking to add an awesome build master to a given world castle file that wouldn't be so easy since there are a lot of unreadable files in the nhd, some will be concerning the cas values etc for the sims that do get saved.
If you want a sim that's not normally saved to the nhd to carry over you could try keeping the monarch alive and add the npc to active family or use 'make sim selectable', and see if they're saved to the nhd that way. (if they are then they'll also be removed from it if you unselect them)
I know with the debug options, you can click on a sim and send it to the carryover folder and so save any NPC to the sim bin for later use as a hero, but I see that there's an option to load a carryover sim when you click on a sim as well, I always wondered if this would replace the clicked on sim with the one you have stored in CO but I've never tried clicking it to see what happens, if anything happens at all.

I suggest this because a few days ago I was messing around with the RedeemCodeUnlocks mod, and it required that I delete my gcd package to reset the Limited Edition Code (otherwise the mod wouldn't work). Anyway, the unlocks remain even without the mod in place. They disappeared when I deleted the ach package and were restored with a backup of the gcd package. Each time you save, the gcd is revised, I believe based in part on the ach package. If a new ach package is created after deleting the old one, the gcd changes upon that same save. Does that make sense? Honestly, I don't know if I am making sense to myself anymore!

So if you replace the ach package with a fresh one, and the latest gcd you have, the watcher level items are there, but if you save then the gcd gets replaced and the stuff disappears again to reflect the new fresh ach settings? Is that right?
A possible way round it, if I've read it right, would be to put the fully played gcd file in whenever you start the game up to keep access to the level unlocks.
(I wonder what would happen if you saved and were using unlocked items in game, would they disappear or still be usable if already placed and just removed from the buy catalogue, cas etc.)
Scholar
Original Poster
#13 Old 23rd Sep 2012 at 11:26 AM
ForumZombie? Out of curiosity.....on creation of a new monarch did you notice if you got the kneeling to the monarch animation back before you saved it again?
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 23rd Sep 2012 at 4:30 PM
Yes, that's one of the first things I noticed.
Scholar
Original Poster
#15 Old 23rd Sep 2012 at 6:30 PM Last edited by ChickieTeeta : 4th Jan 2013 at 3:45 AM.
Thanks.
At least we know where a possible fix may lie. It's beyond me to attempt that though I wonder if there's a way to trick the game into acting like the existing Monarch's freshly created without losing anything off them. I wouldn't know how to do that either, unless there's something in the debug menus that could do this??

Edit
A link to the fix for the 'kneeling stopping after exiting a kingdom' problem....
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...848#post3974848
Field Researcher
#16 Old 4th Jan 2013 at 1:13 AM
Default Throne Room test with TSM 2.0xx
First I ask forgiveness if I have stepped on any toes by bumping an old thread here. Since I had to install the game anew anyway I thought I would test this without Pirates and Nobles. I did not see a report of such a test here, so that is why I am posting.

It looks to me as if this method works without pirates and nobles installed as well. I did not find any crucial items missing and the one empty room does not bother me since I like to leave one empty for future furnishings anyway. I am pleased to report it was a success.

I will attach a zip file of the screenies.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Screenshots.zip (4.33 MB, 78 downloads) - View custom content
Scholar
Original Poster
#17 Old 4th Jan 2013 at 3:28 AM
Thank you so much for testing this without P&N, much appreciated. Really nice to know what happens without P&N installed. You're missing a few items especially from the boy's room. Did you manage to place other items where the missing ones should be?

The floating head in the throne room?.....I assume since you have nothing else installed, this was a spawn of mine with P&N clothing? Have you tried editing her in CAS?
I know if you try to select a saved character from the bin in CAS with missing clothes it can make it freeze, I don't know what happens if you try to edit a character with missing clothes in game, although I'm sure I had a Monarch with a floating head and I edited them in CAS with no problems, but it was a while ago, so I don't know if I'm remembering correctly.
You may have to send her to the pit to get rid of her if you can't get into CAS.
Thank you for the caps, and thanks again for testing this with just the base game.

Welcome back to the forum, Silverprinz =) Did you manage to get your computer problems fixed? Hope you had a good Christmas.
Happy New Year
Field Researcher
#18 Old 4th Jan 2013 at 5:23 AM Last edited by Silverprinz : 4th Jan 2013 at 5:27 AM. Reason: added in after the line, had forgot it before.
Yes, a few of the townies are missing bodies. That is no big deal, since as you say they can be edited in with cas using grim's core. I have not installed any mods yet since I wanted to give it a fair test first. Since I have only done one quest so far, the Crab Bandit, I did not attempt to place anything there yet. I want to build up the gold reserves a bit first, I will get back to you on that later.

Happy New Year, and it makes me happy to see the forum is still functioning and you are still here. I am still hanging on by my fingernails since I have not had a steady job in 3 years but on the bright side is that I only have 8 months left until I can retire so after that things will be looking up if nothing else.

Give me a few days with the game and I will post you another report on the testing and by then I should know if I can furnish that room. Keep smilin, I am.
-----
Oh, I almost forgot. I lost all my previous content, so would be grateful if you can direct me to where I can download your autonomous woo hoo and no jealousy mod. Please of course and thank you for all your good hard work.
Scholar
Original Poster
#19 Old 4th Jan 2013 at 7:52 PM
I hope the 8 months go quickly for you

I added changes to the mod you're looking for here:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...465#post3971465

If you don't want that version, the one you originally had is on the first page, in the first post of that thread.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 4th Jan 2013 at 9:25 PM Last edited by Silverprinz : 4th Jan 2013 at 9:27 PM. Reason: added text below line
Default Yes you can furnish that room
Here is the updated report I promised. That "empty" room, where the furnishings could not be placed because they are for PN whereas my test is with TSM 2.xx, can indeed be furnished with no problem whatsoever. I did the walls and floors, hung some wall torches, and moved the single bed from the King's Chamber into it when I bought him a double bed. Since that was all the Dubloons the treasury had it was all I did so far. I am confident it works because I moved that bed to every location in the room and it was all okay.

A screenie is attached, and it looks like your project is a 100% success.

Good job.
---------
Thanks for the link, I downloaded a few other things there too.. I especially like the trees, thank you.
Screenshots
Scholar
Original Poster
#21 Old 4th Jan 2013 at 10:11 PM
This room was empty anyway. I only furnished the 3 bedrooms and the throne room.
The other 2 rooms I didn't touch.
Glad it all works though.
Field Researcher
#22 Old 6th Jan 2013 at 7:55 PM
OK, I guess I misread, I thought it was furnished but with things that can not show without Pirates and Nobles. Anyway, this concludes the test... you may now resume normal activities.
Scholar
Original Poster
#23 Old 6th Jan 2013 at 10:01 PM
The screenies in the first post show all the changes I made. You're missing the double bed that fits into the gargoyle posts, a couple of items from the throne room, all the bath tubs, and quite a lot of the decorative items from the boy's room (the room you moved the single bed from).
Field Researcher
#24 Old 8th Jan 2013 at 6:19 PM
Its all cool, we can not expect everything to show up under these conditions. The main thing is that it worked, the program did not crash, and the throne room can still be furnished. I call that a successful test, and since I am a lab rat now; testing is my gig.
Test Subject
#25 Old 25th Aug 2013 at 2:56 AM
Game not loading up
Um so, I put this into the mods folder and started up the game. Now the game isn't loading up, am I doing something wrong?

I'm really stumped...
Page 1 of 2