Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jan 2017 at 5:39 PM Last edited by sweetdevil : 20th Jan 2017 at 8:27 PM. Reason: Solved, ffs.
Default [Solved] Top is a single color when clicked on in CAS
I tried searching for this but I don't know which terms to use.

Basically I've cloned a top, replaced all the images (base, specular, bumpmap, mask) with correct ones in S3PE, edited the presets in CTU and enabled only 3 channels, edited the presets...and when I click on it in CAS it shows the top in one color only, and I have to recolor it in order to get rid of this and select the other presets.

The thumbnails that the game generates are also only of the monochromatic version.

I don't know what's going on or where to start looking for the issue, any ideas? If it helps, it's a Store top, but I've cloned it.

P.S. The top originally had 4 channels but I got rid of the 4th in CTU and the mask...but I think the single color is the color that EA assigned to the area covered by the 4th channel (it's a pink flower). Which is odd, because I saved the mask with no transparency.

Edit: I attached a pic.
Screenshots

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Advertisement
Alchemist
Original Poster
#2 Old 20th Jan 2017 at 8:27 PM
OK this was a major pain in the ass, but I think I've figured it out. CTU wasn't updating the XML to remove the fourth channel, so it was still enabled - hence the top looking like a big pink blob.

First I set out to edit the CasRgbaMask XML manually to get rid of all the references to "Pattern D" (sections that included it). And renamed it to "CasRgbMask".

Then I opened the CASP resource via "Grid", expanded the "Presets" category, exported the XML file for every preset (three in my case) and edited out the "Pattern D" parts in those as well, after which I reimported them back into each Preset.

Now, the game showed the thumbnail for the first preset in place of all the other presets, so I followed this guide to make customized thumbnails.

Hope this helps anyone who comes looking. Toodles!

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!