Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

New Mesh Mounted Butterflies in a Frame

by lagermonkey Posted 12th Feb 2007 at 2:55 PM - Updated 9th Jul 2008 at 10:32 PM by lagermonkey : anyone who downloaded while it had the bad wall shadow should have redownloaded by now.

64 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 62 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Test Subject
#26 Old 14th Feb 2007 at 2:56 AM
thank you! i love all your meshes! this reminds me of the butterflies in silent hill. you're really good.
Test Subject
#27 Old 14th Feb 2007 at 4:08 AM
Really a nice work~!
Thank you for your imagination
Forum Resident
#28 Old 16th Feb 2007 at 1:01 AM
Very lovely. My parents used to collect mounted butterflys so I grew up with them hanging around the house.

Visit my web site:Fanciful Sims
Royal Kingdom Challenge:
http://tinyurl.com/b4ajz
Live your medieval dream
Instructor
#29 Old 16th Feb 2007 at 9:23 AM
wow i love this! thanks!
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 16th Feb 2007 at 9:40 AM
It's fabulous! I love it! No wonder it is featured!

I have a request, though. Could you make a similar frame as a sculpture? I'd love to have one I could put on tables or leaning against the wall on the floor.

I know nothing about meshing, so if that cannot be done, or if it is too complicated, feel free to ignore my suggestion.

Again, thanks a million! :D
Test Subject
#31 Old 16th Feb 2007 at 10:07 AM
Thank you! I haven't seen anything like this before!
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 16th Feb 2007 at 11:55 AM
Wow! I've been considering asking someone to make a similar mesh to this but thought it might be too hard to explain. Are you able to do the same thing but with babies feet (mould) instead of butterflies??? I have moulds of all my kids hands and feet and would love to have one in game :D

PS: I went to the mesh tutorial page and..well...pffffft..I take my hat off to all mesh creators!!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#33 Old 16th Feb 2007 at 12:51 PM
I like your downloads. They're really something else. And I'm not a mesher, but I much appreciate the minimalistic mesh .. very elegant =).

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#34 Old 16th Feb 2007 at 3:39 PM
Thank you for your feedback and thanks everyone.

Shannis
I was going to covert it to a tabletop and floor sculture for you but I tried it out and it looked a bit rubbish so I'm not going to any more, sorry. Perhaps leaning against a wall might be better but at the moment I have some other things that I'm working on.

Starwyn

I could change the plane that the butterflies sit on for a flat one and then you could do the texture yourself. you could achieve a flat cut-out foot shape with a texture on in this way.
To make a truly 3d foot shape would require rather more meshing than I am prepared to undertake.

Go and have nice a cup of tea.
It will make everything better.
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 16th Feb 2007 at 4:00 PM
this is great - i did a 'gil grissom married to sara sidle' house and this will fit in to grissom's bug theme
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 16th Feb 2007 at 4:28 PM
oh wow... this is soo kwl.. i LOVE the butterfiles they look sooo cute, TY for this!
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 16th Feb 2007 at 9:21 PM
With that shark thing, i can start a natural history museum!
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 16th Feb 2007 at 9:50 PM Last edited by Shannis : 17th Feb 2007 at 9:11 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by lagermonkey
I was going to covert it to a tabletop and floor sculture for you but I tried it out and it looked a bit rubbish so I'm not going to any more, sorry. Perhaps leaning against a wall might be better but at the moment I have some other things that I'm working on.

Thanks for trying! No biggie, if it doesn't work, it doesn't work. :D
Can't wait to see what you'll come up with next!
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 17th Feb 2007 at 1:40 AM
Thanks for replying to my post monkey, i don't know the first thing about textures either LOL I know..i'm hopeless. If someone actually sat down next to me and SHOWED me what to do then i'm not so hopeless, but following online instructions AAARGH!!
Thanks anyway
Test Subject
#40 Old 17th Feb 2007 at 6:36 AM
oh,It's wonderful work,love it ,thank you.
Field Researcher
#41 Old 17th Feb 2007 at 7:13 AM
nice, perfect for my resident evil mansion

As of May, 2007 mjfan84 is retired.
I'm devoting my time to my youtube account. www.youtube.com/mjfan84
I won't be uploading, however I'll be here to answer questions, and my uploads will stay up!
Test Subject
#42 Old 17th Feb 2007 at 3:47 PM
I love butterflies! On my wall chart next to me, it seem like the first one to the right is a Heliconius melpomene... But I might be wrong. :p

Kakyuu-ouhi - The first order imperial Princess Kakyuu of the Tankei Kingdom of Kinmoku-sei
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 17th Feb 2007 at 4:55 PM
Love It! Thank You So Much

Let me guess, you picked out yet another colorful box with a crank that I'm expected to turn and turn until OOP! big shock, a jack pops out and you laugh and the kids laugh and the dog laughs and I die a little inside. - Stewie (Family Guy)
Instructor
#44 Old 18th Feb 2007 at 6:31 PM
How it's beautiful! The idea is super, the mesh and textures are very well done! Amazing, just amazing! Thank you
Test Subject
#45 Old 18th Feb 2007 at 7:02 PM
I like butterflies and think that they are the charmest creatures in a nature!Very beautiful item for Sims2.Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 19th Feb 2007 at 1:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lagermonkey
I could change the plane that the butterflies sit on for a flat one and then you could do the texture yourself. you could achieve a flat cut-out foot shape with a texture on in this way.
To make a truly 3d foot shape would require rather more meshing than I am prepared to undertake.

Ok I'll give it a go! I just made the table from the mesh instruction, but after all those instructions i forgot what to do already LOL So if you get the chance to send me the shape i'll follow a tutorial on texturing.
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 19th Feb 2007 at 8:27 PM
Wonderful! Perfect for Grissom's office!
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 20th Feb 2007 at 12:19 PM
Wow, just wow. Could you do more of these, please? It would be wonderful if we could make a museum with all these! Hmm. Maybe you could do mounted spiders, too?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#49 Old 20th Feb 2007 at 12:42 PM
Bardmanship
at the moment I'm working on some museum display cases with neolithic stone tools in. but I'm not 100% decided on what the cases should contain so I might do them as a set with different things in. It all depends on how much time I have.

Go and have nice a cup of tea.
It will make everything better.
Forum Resident
#50 Old 20th Feb 2007 at 1:41 PM
Wow!!! it's beautiful! Thank you!!!

«Kindness - quality, which surplus does not harm».
John Golsuorsi.
"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."
Dorothea Lange
Page 2 of 3