Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

{UPDATE} Archaeology Career

by snowleopard__x Posted 9th Mar 2018 at 3:47 PM - Updated 17th Apr 2019 at 12:00 AM by snowleopard__x

112 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 70 Feedback Posts, 41 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 5
Forum Resident
#26 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 5:13 AM
it seems that this is causing a le with university career in the mods folder too. the support team said it was this mod causing the le.
Athena Hoards CC 🇫🇷 - Today at 7:43 PM
@bandit Take out the Archaeology mod.
Athena Hoards CC 🇫🇷 - Today at 7:55 PM
Also @bandit , rename the zip file "Archaeology.ts4script" without the ""
She misnames her ts4script files. maybe that it
Test Subject
Original Poster
#27 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 10:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ticklish
it seems that this is causing a le with university career in the mods folder too. the support team said it was this mod causing the le.
Athena Hoards CC 🇫🇷 - Today at 7:43 PM
@bandit Take out the Archaeology mod.
Athena Hoards CC 🇫🇷 - Today at 7:55 PM
Also @bandit , rename the zip file "Archaeology.ts4script" without the ""
She misnames her ts4script files. maybe that it

Forwhatever reason my pc adds .zip to the end as I have always had it named .ts4script . I am unsure why my PC is doing that when I upload
Test Subject
#28 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 12:58 PM
I just tried the latest version uploaded here and I get the same error.

<?xml version="1.0" ?><root>
<report><version>2</version><sessionid>3bda88aa59fa5e765aa51898</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2018-03-11 07:53:47</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.41.38.1020-1.200.000.330.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>custom_import.py:108</categoryid><desyncid>3bda88aa59fa5e765aa51898</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata> Failure: 'SnowLeopard_Careers_Archaeology.cpython-33' (SnowLeopard_Careers_Archaeology.cpython-33) (ImportError: No module named 'SnowLeopard_Careers_Archaeology.cpython-33'; SnowLeopard_Careers_Archaeology is not a package)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\importer\utils.py", line 118, in import_modules_by_path
File "&lt;frozen importlib._bootstrap&gt;", line 1520, in _find_and_load_unlocked
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute '__path__'

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\importer\utils.py", line 115, in import_modules_by_path
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\importer\custom_import.py", line 108, in _import
ImportError: No module named 'SnowLeopard_Careers_Archaeology.cpython-33'; SnowLeopard_Careers_Archaeology is not a package
</desyncdata></report>
</root>

Hope you can get this fixed. I love the idea of this career and was thinking about making one myself, but I'll be happy to play this one instead. The error on startup is annoying, though.

Karen
Test Subject
#29 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 1:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by snowleopard__x
Forwhatever reason my pc adds .zip to the end as I have always had it named .ts4script . I am unsure why my PC is doing that when I upload

Also, I wish you'd rename the package and .ts4script files to add your name to the file name. As in "SnowLeopard_Career_Archaeology.package" and "SnowLeopard_Career_Archaeology.ts4script" or something similar. I have a lot of custom careers in my game, by a number of different creators, and all of them -- except for yours -- include the creator's name in the filename. Would you do this? Please? It makes it much easier to keep track of who created a mod if there are problems with it in some future patch.

Karen
Test Subject
Original Poster
#30 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 3:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by karenh3
I just tried the latest version uploaded here and I get the same error.

<?xml version="1.0" ?><root>
<report><version>2</version><sessionid>3bda88aa59fa5e765aa51898</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2018-03-11 07:53:47</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.41.38.1020-1.200.000.330.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>custom_import.py:108</categoryid><desyncid>3bda88aa59fa5e765aa51898</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata> Failure: 'SnowLeopard_Careers_Archaeology.cpython-33' (SnowLeopard_Careers_Archaeology.cpython-33) (ImportError: No module named 'SnowLeopard_Careers_Archaeology.cpython-33'; SnowLeopard_Careers_Archaeology is not a package)
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\importer\utils.py", line 118, in import_modules_by_path
File "&lt;frozen importlib._bootstrap&gt;", line 1520, in _find_and_load_unlocked
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute '__path__'

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\importer\utils.py", line 115, in import_modules_by_path
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\importer\custom_import.py", line 108, in _import
ImportError: No module named 'SnowLeopard_Careers_Archaeology.cpython-33'; SnowLeopard_Careers_Archaeology is not a package
</desyncdata></report>
</root>

Hope you can get this fixed. I love the idea of this career and was thinking about making one myself, but I'll be happy to play this one instead. The error on startup is annoying, though.

Karen

Karen,
I am not receiving that error on my end at all so may I ask how many folders deep you are and if you copied the files within the zip and pasted just those in your folder. Now on the front of changing the names. I checked the download and the ts4script has my name attached and the package file doesn't. I was worried to rename that file as that is what it wanted to save as. Other than that the actual script file does have my name attached to it to signify who created the mod. If you'd like to private message me I can try to step through your error, but I have the current version of the package and other files and I didn't receive the error on start up.
Test Subject
#31 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 3:46 PM
Karen,
I am not receiving that error on my end at all so may I ask how many folders deep you are and if you copied the files within the zip and pasted just those in your folder.

I put all 3 files contained in your zip file in my The Sims 4\Mods\Careers folder. I didn't extract any files from the ts4script file or modify it in any way. The career itself is working, though I haven't tried the PTO option yet.

Karen
Test Subject
Original Poster
#32 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 3:48 PM
I put all 3 files contained in your zip file in my The Sims 4\Mods\Careers folder. I didn't extract any files from the ts4script file or modify it in any way. The career itself is working, though I haven't tried the PTO option yet.

Karen

Can you maybe screen shot the error for me and upload so I can see the error on start up. I do not receive this error. I get and error from MCCommand but that is even without the career in my mods folder.
Test Subject
#33 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 4:02 PM
Can you maybe screen shot the error for me and upload so I can see the error on start up. I do not receive this error. I get and error from MCCommand but that is even without the career in my mods folder.

It doesn't show in a screenshot. Even MCCC doesn't show it, possibly because it occurs before MCCC is loaded? What I posted is the entire contents of the LastException file. It happens as soon as I start to load a saved game, long before I get to the neighborhood screen.

Karen
Test Subject
Original Poster
#34 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 4:09 PM
It doesn't show in a screenshot. Even MCCC doesn't show it, possibly because it occurs before MCCC is loaded? What I posted is the entire contents of the LastException file. It happens as soon as I start to load a saved game, long before I get to the neighborhood screen.

Karen

I will go ahead and reupload a new version following the same rules as I did for the last one to see if this works for you. Like I said, I do not get that error at all or a call back to a last exception file at all. I do not get any error untill i load inot a household.
Test Subject
#35 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 4:45 PM
I will go ahead and reupload a new version following the same rules as I did for the last one to see if this works for you.

No change. The error actually occurs before I even get to the "load game" screen. See attached.

Karen
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  lastException.7z (813 Bytes, 13 downloads)
Field Researcher
#36 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 5:33 PM
Karen isn't the only one having an issue with it. Same here,
Test Subject
#37 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 5:41 PM
It's not a mod conflict. The error occurs with NOTHING in my Mods folder except your 3 files and Resource.cfg. Can you try that and see if you can duplicate the issue?

If I start the game with nothing in my Mods folder except the files shown in the screenshot, I get the error.

If I remove the .ts4script file from my Mods folder, so that there is nothing in my Mods folder except for SnowLeopard_Archaeology.package and Neia_Careers_Commons.package, I do not get the error. It appears to be a coding error in the SnowLeopard_Archaeology.ts4script.zip file, but that's as much as I can tell.

Karen
Screenshots
Test Subject
#38 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 5:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KagomeKagome
Karen isn't the only one having an issue with it. Same here,

Thanks for confirming that I'm not imagining this! :-)

Karen
Test Subject
Original Poster
#39 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 6:45 PM
I would try removing the .zip so that it is just a .ts4script as that was causing issues for others. I am currently at a birthday party and uable to troubleshoot why it is adding a .zip to the end when it is downloaded. I followed all the instructions from Neia's create a career beta to the letter. This is the only thing I can think of causing the problems you are facing as my folder (which I do not have access to) says .ts4script and I have zero error at all from the career mod. I may have forgot to completely upload the new file properly as I was in a rush this morning to get to this birthday party,. I will double check when I get home.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#40 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 6:57 PM Last edited by misaki : 11th Mar 2018 at 7:01 PM. Reason: spelling error
I have to close the career screen manually after selecting Archaeology career. Not a big deal but it would be nice if it closed on its own.

How do I gain Archaeology skill?
Test Subject
#41 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 7:03 PM
I would try removing the .zip so that it is just a .ts4script as that was causing issues for others.

I tried that already and it made no difference. It doesn't appear to be the file name that is the problem, it's something in the Python code inside the ts4script file. I have no Python experience so I can't help troubleshoot it.

Karen
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#42 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 7:42 PM
Thank you so much for this. I was disappointed not to have the career added in JA. Now my archaeologist can truly be an archaeologist. And, congrats, for the review by IronSeagull (where I saw this mod).
Test Subject
Original Poster
#43 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 8:14 PM
I tried that already and it made no difference. It doesn't appear to be the file name that is the problem, it's something in the Python code inside the ts4script file. I have no Python experience so I can't help troubleshoot it.

Karen

Then for that I have to talk to Neia who made the create a career web program I used to build this career as that created the python files for me and i followed the steps as outlined and I have tested it along with other people who i have given the updated version to and have report no lastexception errors. If you could screenshot when it pops up as a notification in your game I can try to figure out the issue, but as far as I know from the people who I have directed to try this mod out there has been no issues nor do I have an issue in my game using the same file that is currently here. I will talk to Neia about this and it may be a few days to resolve this problem for you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#44 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 8:15 PM
Couldn't agree more that this was something that was missing! I downloaded it and will certainly use it! Great to go along with the archeologist aspiration!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#45 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 8:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NicerHomesnLots
Thank you so much for this. I was disappointed not to have the career added in JA. Now my archaeologist can truly be an archaeologist. And, congrats, for the review by IronSeagull (where I saw this mod).

Can you send me a link to it. I didn't even know someone reviewed my version of this mod!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#46 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 9:00 PM
Great Job Thank you. Subscribe to my Youtube channel Sim Diva so you can see it in my game (all about Dana Let's Play) I'm going to use it for her husband
Test Subject
#47 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 9:55 PM
. If you could screenshot when it pops up as a notification in your game

There is NO popup notiffication! The error occurs while the game is initially loading. The LastException file being created is the only evidence of an error, and it happens before it even gets to the screen where you click the Play button. Before I start the game, I make sure there is no LastException file in the Sims 4 folder. I watch that folder as the game starts to load. A LastException file gets created before I get to the screen where the Play button is.

Karen
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 10:17 PM
I like the idea behind this career, but I think you should adjust the the level requirements to spread out the local culture a bit more.

Level 1: Docent (Focused) $16/hour {Archaeology 2}
Level 2: Excavationist (Focused) $21/hour {Archaeology 3}
Level 3: Project Archaeologist (Focused) $27/hour {Archaeology 4 and Local Culture 2}
Level 4: Museum Technician (Focused) $35/hour {Archaeology 5}
Level 5: Conservator (Focused) $50/hour {Archaeology 6 and Local Culture 3}
Level 6: Curatorial Assistant (Focused) $120/hour {Archaeology 7}
Level 7: Curator (Focused) $200/hour {Archaeology 8 and Local Culture 4}
Level 8: Exhibition Coordinator (Focused) $250/hour{Archaeology 9}
Level 9: Administrative Assistant (Focused) $300/hour {Archaeology 10 and Local Culture 5}
Level 10: Museum Director (Focused) $375/per hour

My reasoning behind this is that as an archaeologist, your primary focus is on digging up artifacts more than interacting with the locals, so that skill wouldn't be increasing as quickly. What do you think?

"We don't quit playing because we grow old; we grow old because we quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Feel free to PM me with any lot requests. I've mostly done house trailers in the past.
Test Subject
#49 Old 12th Mar 2018 at 12:03 AM
I would try removing the .zip so that it is just a .ts4script as that was causing issues for others.

I believe I fixed the issue, at least in my game. Follow these steps:

1) Unzip the ts4script file and extract the two files inside using WinZIP or 7-Zip or whatever program you like.

2) Rename the file SnowLeopard_Archaeology.cpython-33.pyo to SnowLeopard_Archaeology.pyo.

This will make the .pyo file match the other file which is called SnowLeopard_Archaeology.py.

3) zip the modified .pyo file and the original .py file together in a new zip file and name it SnowLeopard_Archaeology.ts4script. Replace the original ts4script file in your Mods folder with this new version.

That's all I did, and the error on startup went away.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#50 Old 12th Mar 2018 at 1:42 AM
I believe I fixed the issue, at least in my game. Follow these steps:

1) Unzip the ts4script file and extract the two files inside using WinZIP or 7-Zip or whatever program you like.

2) Rename the file SnowLeopard_Archaeology.cpython-33.pyo to SnowLeopard_Archaeology.pyo.

This will make the .pyo file match the other file which is called SnowLeopard_Archaeology.py.

3) zip the modified .pyo file and the original .py file together in a new zip file and name it SnowLeopard_Archaeology.ts4script. Replace the original ts4script file in your Mods folder with this new version.

That's all I did, and the error on startup went away.

That is the fix I am so sorry I did not fully read the instructions right. I will make this change and reupload yet again. This is my first ever mod so thank you for baring with me to solve this. I missed a whole step.
Page 2 of 5