Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jul 2017 at 8:33 PM
Default Trashcan stuck middle sidewalk. help
I have zero idea where to post this, if i have to post somewhere else let me know. Sims 4 welcome wagon left a plate on the sidewalk I couldn't remove, because it said there was no trashcan. so I stupidly did the cheat "set as head" to bring a trashcan to the plate. I did, and was able to throw the plate away. But NOW I got a trashcan in the sidewalk. Is there a cheat or a mod or something i can do to get into buildmode on the sidewalk?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 27th Jul 2017 at 8:49 PM
Put back the trashcan as your head to put it back inside your lot's limits?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Jul 2017 at 9:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MiniMimi
Put back the trashcan as your head to put it back inside your lot's limits?

No, that duplicates the trashcan, it doesnt move the original.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 27th Jul 2017 at 9:55 PM
I've had a plate stuck in the sidewalk forever. You can add a "me too" to this thread:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4...ht/false#M40311

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Jul 2017 at 11:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
I've had a plate stuck in the sidewalk forever. You can add a "me too" to this thread:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4...ht/false#M40311

Man, there has to be a way to fix this.
Theorist
#6 Old 27th Jul 2017 at 11:43 PM Last edited by ShigemiNotoge : 28th Jul 2017 at 12:45 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by 4mereann

Unfortunately there is no known way to fix it. I remember when City Living first came out and babies were spawning outside lot limits like that. Your only recourse was to age the baby up immediately to prevent it from starving and the crib was stuck forever 8D good times.

(this is second-hand info as I did not get the pack right away, so I apologise if that is incorrect)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 27th Jul 2017 at 11:48 PM
Maybe a mod somebody can do. I dunno i saw an old mod, but apparently it doesnt work anymore.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 28th Jul 2017 at 12:04 AM
It's not really an issue in areas where there is a trashcan in the public area. Anyway, I've given them my info and am hoping they will fix it.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Smeg Head
#9 Old 28th Jul 2017 at 4:25 AM
I'm pretty sure if you have debug mode available (via mods such as MC or weerbesu's update of Clown's old mod) you can hold down shift key and delete anything anywhere. I know I've certainly deleted many things in off-lot "world" areas that I can't stand looking at. From too many barbeque items in non-build world lots, to strange, frikken floating bushes way up in the sky over the central island of Windeberg, when Get Together was new. Debug delete is your friend. Give it a try.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Scholar
#10 Old 28th Jul 2017 at 6:39 AM
The only thing that worked to get rid of an ashpile my sims kept trying to throw out, that was in behind an elevator (so not editable part of the lot) was to teleport the damn kid into the shaft, have him stomp on it until it disappeared. Good luck, let us know if you worked it out. I too have a plate stuck on a sidewalk...
Forum Resident
#11 Old 28th Jul 2017 at 7:11 AM
I also have a plate stuck in the ground (thankfully not on my home lot).
Generations of townies and pre-mades have come and gone.
The plate is eternal.
Forum Resident
#12 Old 28th Jul 2017 at 12:25 PM
I had a buch of dirty plates stuck, but after a week (in game time), it vanished. Unfortunately, nothing of what I tried prior worked, though.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 31st Jul 2017 at 6:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by coolspear1
I'm pretty sure if you have debug mode available (via mods such as MC or weerbesu's update of Clown's old mod) you can hold down shift key and delete anything anywhere. I know I've certainly deleted many things in off-lot "world" areas that I can't stand looking at. From too many barbeque items in non-build world lots, to strange, frikken floating bushes way up in the sky over the central island of Windeberg, when Get Together was new. Debug delete is your friend. Give it a try.

Thanks for the help. Do you have a link to those mods? Ill try anything, then i can move my primary house back to that lot.
Scholar
#14 Old 31st Jul 2017 at 10:31 AM
Thanks for the help. Do you have a link to those mods? Ill try anything, then i can move my primary house back to that lot.

I just deleted a couple of plates off a sidewalk last night using MC Command Center: https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com/, so I know that option does work - that's the download link and you'll need to enable debug cheats. Read the documentation and you'll see how to do that. You just shift+click on the item and then click to destroy it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 31st Jul 2017 at 5:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aparkison
I just deleted a couple of plates off a sidewalk last night using MC Command Center: https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com/, so I know that option does work - that's the download link and you'll need to enable debug cheats. Read the documentation and you'll see how to do that. You just shift+click on the item and then click to destroy it.

Thanks so much ill try it tonight.
Scholar
#16 Old 31st Jul 2017 at 9:53 PM
Thanks so much ill try it tonight.

Let us know if it works!
Smeg Head
#17 Old 31st Jul 2017 at 10:54 PM

For weerbesu's updated version of Clown's debug mod, first go here - http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=532735

Then in the All Comments section, go to page 26 and find post #627 for the weerbesu version. If you do not wish to use MC, then this is the best (only) alternate version that still works for providing access to debug pie menus options.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 31st Jul 2017 at 11:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aparkison

Ok..i downloaded the command center and shift click still only lets me reset object or set as head. I got how to use a computer or a mailbox to show different cheats, but none of them seems to allow to delere the trashcan. Only thing i found close, is the mc cleaner, and click item cleaner, then it says "remove items" and when i click it is says "specifies whether or not to apply remove item cleanup rules on regular intervals". What does that mean? Can you walk me through what i need to do?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 31st Jul 2017 at 11:51 PM
Amagad! It worked! i enabled that confusing item cleaner. And then restarted the game and the shift click destroy item was there. Yay. Thank you so much for the help.
Scholar
#20 Old 1st Aug 2017 at 11:50 AM
Amagad! It worked! i enabled that confusing item cleaner. And then restarted the game and the shift click destroy item was there. Yay. Thank you so much for the help.

Glad it worked! If you're going to keep using MC Command Center (and I would, because it's a lifesaving mod), then you really need to read all the documentation on what each module does. If you're still confused, you can get help from Deaderpool and other folks on their Discord support channel (linked on Tumblr).