Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Site Helper
Original Poster
#26 Old 31st Dec 2015 at 4:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by queenoftheswans
Requested Username: queenoftheswans

Reason for changing: well, when I made my account, I was young and stupid. I also didn't ever imagine I would want to do anything on MTS except download things. Now I want to participate in the forums, but my username is sort of embarrassing. Also, Swan Lake is my favorite ballet of all time (Yes, I like going to ballets. Laugh all you want, those ballerinas are incredibly talented)

Funny Story: When the Charlie Charlie Challenge was first becoming popular, a few of my friends decided to do it during our free period. They went into one of the little rooms where we keep our uniforms and instruments (we spent our free period in the band room), shut the lights and locked the door. When they were sufficiently freaked out, I slammed both fists on the door immediately after they said the chant, and went back into the other practice room and continued watching Netflix on my phone like nothing had happened. The screams from that room were priceless.They came running out of there like little children, and they didn't have any idea it was me being a jerk.

Well, if they were TRYING to be scared, you did them a favor.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Advertisement
Site Helper
Original Poster
#27 Old 31st Dec 2015 at 4:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Frysia
Requested Username: Frysia
Reason For Changing- I made my current embarrassing username when I was like 13, and it makes me wanna throw up everytime I see it. I go by Frysia everywhere online and would like this account to match.

Make You Laugh? Imagine an awkward 13 year old girl picking the username hotsexiikissez and feeling proud of it; despite the fact of never having kissed anyone.

Why does this name remind me of Dragonball Z?

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Site Helper
Original Poster
#28 Old 31st Dec 2015 at 4:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimLaReine
Requested username: SimLaReine
Reason for changing: mrsyule is my Former married name, we are now happily divorced.
I am a Sims 4 Creator and have begun a Blog with my real(ish) name
And Twitter as well
http://simlareine.tumblr.com/
https://twitter.com/SimLaReine
I searched for the ModtheSims member name SimLaReine
It's not not taken

A wee Poem to amuse ..

In French La Reine means The Queen
I would like to buy you Ice Cream
But If you grant me my wish
I'll will catch you a Fish,
With my Sim of course, in a Stream !

Original post has a collage attached showing a sim fishing. But it's attached, not linked so I can't add it.

Site Helper
Original Poster
#29 Old 31st Dec 2015 at 4:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ITcore
Requested Username: ITcore

Reason for Change: Created this account in 2009 and life has changed a lot in that time. From end of high school to college to dating to marriage to military to deployments to becoming a dad. My thought processes are completely different, 6 years later. My old username is a bit immature and I feel it to be a bit pedantic. So I'd like to update it a bit to bring it in line with my new life and interests.

Site Helper
Original Poster
#30 Old 31st Dec 2015 at 4:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Eclecticsims
Well, I guess you can see why I want to change my username.
Requested name: Eclecticsims
Reason for changing: One upon a time I loooong time ago back when people thought the world was going to end because of an old calendar, I was a stupid 16 year old who thought that anime and Twilight were cool. See, nowadays I see the error of my ways. SPARKLY VAMPIRES ARE NOT COOL. The shame of my username and my past self have kept me from saying much here, but i have way too many things in my favorites and my downloads history to just abandon my precious modthesims account. Please help me erase some of my teenage shame!

We all do silly things when we are younger. Some of us were lucky enough to do them before the internet.

Site Helper
Original Poster
#31 Old 31st Dec 2015 at 4:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by starblastedmuffin
Requested username: starblastedmuffin
Reason for changing: I made a simblr a few months ago. I didn't want to use "starryelliot", since I'd wanted to change it for a while. I somehow came up with "starblastedmuffin" and I'd like my MTS username to match.
Funny story: (I kind of ramble, sorry!)
I went to a orchestra camp this summer. My group met in a different area than we usually did, since another group was preparing for a concert where we usually practiced. Our conductor was a funny, energetic older woman. I'll call her "Mrs. Martin" to protect her privacy. We met up and to our surprise, a camp intern told us that our conductor had fallen and was in the hospital. We were shocked! We tried to play as well as we could, for her. We finished playing a song and I started talking to the girl I was sharing a music stand with. "We have to play well for Mrs. Martin," we said. "Poor Mrs. Martin." We were near the back of the group. I happened to turn my head around, and standing there was Mrs. Martin, eating an energy bar! "Mrs. Martin!" we gasped. "Shh," she said. "You're supposed to be listening to the conductor." (Our temporary new conductor- the camp intern from before- was talking to one of the other students.) Everyone else noticed Mrs. Martin and started to freak out. Eventually, everyone was laughing (except for me and a few others, we were upset that she'd scared us like that!) Mrs. Martin explained that she'd just wanted to "shake things up a bit". And then camp resumed as normal.

Thank you in advance ^.^ and sorry if my story isn't funny enough!

It sounds as though she shook things up a bit more than she intended to.

Site Helper
Original Poster
#32 Old 31st Dec 2015 at 4:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dramatic-Gamer
Hey , I hope You're doing great

Requested username: Dramatic-Gamer
Reason for changing : I want my name to match my other internet usernames + to stop twilight fans stalkers.

Funny story
One day I was browsing mods here & I got a message from a stranger saying "Will You Marry Me" ? , I was in shock like WOAH ... hold up . I read the message & it says the following
"Hi , my name is edward & I'm a huge twilight fan ! I looked for my bella everywhere .. & I couldn't find her , looking at Your mods I noticed that You have a passion for vampires , chaos & insanity "which is exactly what I'm looking for in my bella" , so I decided that I want to spend the rest of my life with You , Bella will You marry me ? "
I was in shock ! specially that I'm a guy & my name is not even Bella .
I changed my profile picture into a running wolf & I replied to him saying :
Sorry edward , I'm with Jacob now & I'm pregnant with his baby , I'm into werewolves now , go out & sparkle in the sun because that's the only good thing that You do .

I haven't heard from him since that day & his account was deleted .
word on the streets say he was sent to jail for killing wolves in public .

Twilight claims another victim....

Site Helper
Original Poster
#33 Old 31st Dec 2015 at 4:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheOpheliac
Requested Username: TheOpheliac
Reason for changing: It's more convenient to have my usernames on all Sim sites be the same. TheOpheliac is my username on the official Sims Forums and Origin.

Funny story: I had a computer class in middle school where the teacher didn't care what we did when our work was finished. A lot of people listened to music, and some actually danced. (Yes, I went to a very ghetto school, why do you ask?) Anyway, one guy had an open can of soda near his computer, but put it away in his backpack to make it look like he was working. This other guy (who was never the smartest, or the most graceful) ended up dancing near his backpack and knocking it over, spilling soda all over the little work he DID have completed. The one time he did work, and he had to completely rewrite it because he wanted to get away with drinking soda in class.

(It's weird how my mind totally blanks when I'm actually *asked* to be funny.)

I can actually see that! I had an English class where the teacher gave up and just gave us a list of work we were supposed to finish by the end of the year. I had it finished in the first 6 days. The rest of the year it was a class in how to socialize with other people. (Which I needed more than the English, anyway.)

Site Helper
Original Poster
#34 Old 31st Dec 2015 at 4:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fergus' Mind
Requested Username Change: Rhydale

Reason: I'm a keen lover of old and historic homes, Rhydale is the name of a historic house I've lived in and grown to love immensely, although sadly it's all going to be lost to me in a small number of months and so I'd like to adopt its name to commemorate my many happy years there and let its memory live on in the spirit of other historic homes I recreate in game (and eventually get around to upload). Rhydale isn't a terribly significant historic home in the grand scheme of things, but to me at this point in my life it has meant the world and a new found freedom and happiness, as well as the dream of living in a historic home.

Well, I liked the joke in the image, even if it didn't get the name change.

Site Helper
Original Poster
#35 Old 31st Dec 2015 at 4:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kaiqo
Requested username: Kaiqo
Reason for changing: Because this name is occasionally mistaken for schizophrenia, therefore, it would be nice to have a change.

Please.

Site Helper
Original Poster
#36 Old 31st Dec 2015 at 4:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Synthenal
Requested username: Synthenal
Reason for changing: I reeeaallyy don't like this name. I was drunk and thought I was a bird on fire because of a movie I watched in a really hot room when I made this name. Where I lived, it was Summer even in December.

I like urls at the end of the post. Thank you to Kaiqo.

Site Helper
Original Poster
#37 Old 31st Dec 2015 at 4:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DezzyBoo
Requested Username: DezzyBoo

Reason: It's a typo. Even though E and I are nowhere near each other on the keyboard, it's a typo. Yep, I was typin' away and the doorbell rang. It was the mailman telling me he lost my package. Then the dog ran out and I had to go chase her down. The neighbor helped me catch her and when I brought her in I was so upset I forgot I was cooking lunch in the microwave. So I reheated my hot pocket and burnt it to a crisp. When I touched it, I burned my fingers. Screaming in pain I threw the hot pocket out the window, chained the dog outside and sat back down at my computer. My fingers were numb and I was seething in rage so I accidentally hit the I instead of E. Total true story.

(btw Desi is my name and I use Dezzy everywhere else lol)
Thank you

Not your day, was it?

Site Helper
Original Poster
#38 Old 31st Dec 2015 at 4:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Calico489
Requested username: Relia
Reason for changing: too many of my other accounts have this username. i dont want to make it easy for people to find me.

Just to save for posterity the one time someone didn't want to change their name because they wanted all their accounts to have the same one.

Site Helper
Original Poster
#39 Old 31st Dec 2015 at 4:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sterling_Archer
Requested username: Sterling_Archer
Reason for changing: I don't really like my original username anymore, so here is a funny joke instead
An Englishman walks into a bar. There's normally a Scotsman, Welshman and an Irishman too. But they're still at the Rugby World Cup.

Cute! Ok, Now is it long enough?

Site Helper
Original Poster
#40 Old 31st Dec 2015 at 4:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jasmea
Requested Username: Jasmea
Reason for changing: This is an english forum and people either can't write the umlaut or it turns into random letters. Mentions don't work for me because of this.
My name always contains at least one typo. Trüffelschaf is also a complicated german word-creation that makes no sense to anyone but me. I have uploads and I plan
to upload again, I really don't want to make it extra-hard for people to find, mention or contact me. Please change it?

Ah, you're waiting on that funny story right? Well, I do lots of funny things but most of them are situational and... embarassing for me. But since I'm an atheist and I love
to make fun of myself I thought I'd bring a joke as payment: "Why did the atheist throw his watch out of the window? He wanted to see if it was intelligently designed enough to evolve into a bird".
If you don't get that one you should surely get this: "How does an atheist woman wear her hair? In big bangs!"

It's always good to be able to laugh at yourself.

Site Helper
Original Poster
#41 Old 31st Dec 2015 at 4:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by vibrantsims
Requested username: vibrantsims
Reason for changing: I made a mistake posting this as my username so would like to change it to the above. Trying to make all my accounts cohesive cause OCD like that heh. Sorry!

Funny story: Well, I'm not gifted in humor but how about a haiku? Can't go wrong with that! Ahem.

Please change my account
It would really help me out
While I eat trout.

A Haiku doesn't have to rhyme, but that is a good one.

Site Helper
Original Poster
#42 Old 31st Dec 2015 at 4:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RedSimmies
Requested username: RedSimmies
Reason for changing: When I first got this name, I was an annoying tween with an unfortunate obsession with a Buffy character (Spike). I thought he was hot! Turns out not. I hate this guy now, the guy has wrinkles all over now. Release me! I do not want to be his minx (eurgh) or anything anymore, I don't want to carry my teenhood on my shoulders!

My username is a butterfly tattoo you can't get rid of, it's your mom telling you to eat meat when you turned vegetarian, it's that dry spell in your sex life, it's cold pizza, it's your hot high school boyfriend putting on 30 pounds, it's not saving before the baby is born, it's marrying a no chemistry sim, it's the Jim Belushi of usernames!

I like cold pizza. (I've even had a few that were BETTER when they were cold. I'm still not sure how the place managed it, but the pizza needed to be refrigerated overnight and eaten cold if it was to be any good at all. But the general consensus was that if you ate it cold it was better than Dominoes hot. )

Site Helper
Original Poster
#43 Old 31st Dec 2015 at 5:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MsValkryieAngel
Requested username: MsValkryieAngel
Reason for changing: I don't find my current one I have on here appealing, it makes me cringe looking at it as well as everytime I have tried to make a new account it won't let me even though I checked that the username isn't taken so I'm left confused. (hopefully my reason is good enough since I'm not good at writing anything funny only in person tbh)

(Original name was very cringe-worthy....)

Site Helper
Original Poster
#44 Old 31st Dec 2015 at 5:02 PM
(Posted much later)

Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
If you have received a name change I have either at your amusing anecdote or at your original user name.

Site Helper
Original Poster
#45 Old 31st Dec 2015 at 5:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimFactory
Requested username: SimFactory
Reason for changing: I am transgender and seeing my old name makes me very depressed ~I'd like to update it (as i usually do every two or so years) and i also need to make sure everything on all my sim social media matches
Funny(ish) story: I was very stressed out and super excited to not be able to use the sims 3 (but i still loved browsing content) ~Funny thing is , i discovered cc before i could even play the game XD so i mass downloaded everything (big mistake XD) I became obsessed with watching sim youtubers such as Jessimicasims something and others and i thought it was the best thing ever. When it came to my time to create a modthesims, i was completely blank. I was ecstatic that i was able to even be on modthesims (Simsresource kills my computer) but i had no idea what to do. I was in a phase (having to do with demons XD) and i thought "Hey Sabrinasimmer101 would be a brilliant idea!" WRONG. it was the worst ever idea i have thought of. i never considered my future until now i started creating sims animations so between getting arms clipping and swiveling unnaturally and eyeballs falling out of sockets, i pray to god i can get the name change before i become a full on creator.

Eyeballs falling out of sockets? You could create some really good horror pose mods with that.

Site Helper
Original Poster
#46 Old 31st Dec 2015 at 5:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by billabum
Requested username: billabum
Reason for changing: My friends call me by my nickname "billabum" because my first name is Bill and also I have a habit of being kinda lazy so they'd call me bum. One day, one of my closest friends came up with the genius idea for a nickname and started calling me billabum and it's stuck with me ever since (whether I like it or not lol).

Good reason to decide that you like it....

Site Helper
Original Poster
#47 Old 31st Dec 2015 at 5:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by moppetliz
Requested username:...see here's where I start off already in the hole, and I really do apologize. Ideally I'd love just to be Liz or Elizabeth, but both are taken (by users with 0 posts who haven't been active in over 2 years, but they don't appear to be auto-deleting from disuse--(I've been watching them. But in a non-creepy way.)). If neither is about to be available and punctuation doesn't bother, can I simply go by -Liz ?

Reason for changing: "moppetliz" has been perfectly good enough as a login ID, but it's one I picked nearly a decade ago. It's not anything I particularly want people to call me or know me as. I just don't feel it as a username, and wow, I hope that makes sense. Officially rambling, not being extremely persuasive, so... how about some attempted entertainment? Okay, true story...

After just recently moving to a new neighbourhood in my early teen years, my parents decided that I was going to go join the nearby Methodist church (apparently they were exempt from this decree by virtue of not having a new group of friends their parents wanted them to quit hanging out with). My dad picked me up from youth group or something, and as we passed the neighbourhood fitness club I asked, "So, do you think you're gonna join?"

"I don't know," he answered, doubtfully. "I've always been a Catholic."

I spent the next two minutes lost in a haze of existential, philosophical confusion before I pieced it all back together.

Is that hilarious only to my father and me? If so, please to enjoy this wonderful joke.

No, I don't blame you; that was painful. How about the happiest of cockatoos ever?

...and for a finale, this parent who gives me joy.

Posted after the lastest round of name changes.

Site Helper
Original Poster
#48 Old 3rd Jan 2016 at 11:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mummy22
Requested username: PetWorld456
Reason: I want to change my username because I have a dog which can grin every time when she knows she was wrong. (An example: She took my slipper and she hid it somewhere. I ask her: "Where is my slipper Lulu?! (the name of my dog) After that, she grins. And sometimes, she want to give me her paw. :lovestruc
I also love to create an animals (dogs, cats and horses) in Sims 3 and Sims 2 Pets game. That's my second reason. Sorry for my bad English.
This is Denver, he's a dog which can grin, just like mine.

Can someone please explain to me the fascination with having X's and numbers attached to a name?

Site Helper
Original Poster
#49 Old 6th Jan 2016 at 4:58 PM
Quote:
Requested username: CurlyRose
Reason for changing: I have a bad memory with current name. It's personal and hard to explain here, so I'll skip it. Whenever I want to comment Thankyou, I hesitate because my name reminds me and makes me feel awful... I hate it, I don't want such feelings anymore and want to use my name happily. I've changed my names of other sites but here, I can't do this by myself so I ask you.
~and here is the funny story. ...hope it's funny
Yesterday I started to find out how to change my name. Since I don't know much about the system here, I had no idea what happens if I delete my comment. At most of sites I've used, the blank form popped up when you try to delete your post is for password, and nothing remains after deleting it. So I put my password in the blank, and clicked on delete button. Next, I was flabbergasted and jumped on my chair, seeing my password revealed to EVERYONE! Well, my account has nothing but revealing secret info is none too pleasant for anyone, right? I tried to search how to handle this but the result was... the procedure... you know, for skins. Embarrassed, I sent a PM to HugeLunatic, crying to delete that box containing my password. Now I found it disappear, feeling appreciated and relieved. Thank you. :lovestruc I have a dictionary under my arm whenever visiting here but I love MTS so much. I feel happy when I watch the artistic works(though hard to understand descriptions). Please let me say thankyou to all with peaceful mind & new name!

Original name is entirely a number, and I hope the name change is granted.

Site Helper
Original Poster
#50 Old 9th Jan 2016 at 6:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plyplay665
Requested username: PlyPlay665
Reason for changing: OK, OK. I UNDERSTAND how pointless this seems, but it really bothers me how people don't know that I hate it when people type my username as "Plyplay665." I'm literally the most anal person about capitalization, especially when it comes to my usernames. I don't know why I didn't capitalize it all those years ago when I made this account.
Funny story: Okay, not the funniest "story," but this is a visual representation of my grades last semester:
https://twitter.com/WorldStarFunny/...570213380177920
Read after: I started out thinking it was going to be easy and fun (beginning of the video) and then I took midterms (fall), got C's and D's (the first plunge), took a second to consider my options, and then dived head first into college (end).

I hope a name change helps.

Page 2 of 4