Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd May 2017 at 10:26 AM
Default TS3: How to recolor a blanket made by someone else?
Hello! I realize this is an extremely noobie question, but unfortunately I couldn't find the answer on my own. So please, can someone help me? Apologies in advance if I'm using the wrong terms or something.

Basically I want to recolor a cc blanket that someone else made. They put nice patterns on it, but I just want something different... However I've no idea how to do this! I tried extracting the .dds image file in s3pe, editing it, replacing the original dds with my edited one, and exporting it as a new package file but something obviously went wrong. I selected the blanket in game, and even though my edited version did show up on the hover preview, when I placed the bed\blanket down it had the original image.

Can someone please explain how to properly do this? I can't seem to find any tutorials that explain it! Thanks in advance for reading.

- a sort of desperate simmer :lovestruc
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 22nd May 2017 at 2:36 PM
Did you import the image or used the 'replace' option? The Import option will detach your version from the mesh basically, and because of that, won't show up properly. So always replace your texture! (So on the IMG file, right+click>replace)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th May 2017 at 5:35 AM
Thank you for replying! I did make sure to press replace but it still didn't work. I'm still not sure what went wrong. I finally got the result I wanted using TSRW, but I still have a lot to learn.
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#4 Old 24th May 2017 at 7:35 PM
Hmm I remember helping someone who happened to edit a blanket as well, but ended up having to download another one because theirs was just too buggy. Not sure if you happen to have the same blanket? I'm not even sure which one they use. Aaaand I'm also not sure where the thread went to because I can't find it for some reason. Might wanna edit this message when I do.

Anyway, would you be able to link the package/sims3pack/WRK file so I can take a look at it and tell you what's going on?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd Jun 2017 at 8:32 PM
Hi and sorry for such a late reply! *BLUSH*

I've already long deleted the file I was working on that went wrong. But if you want I can still link to the original download, of course! But... I kinda just realized that I'm an idiot because I was actually editing a whole bed and not just the blanket (although I only wanted to change the blanket) so it's probably not the same blanket that someone else was having problems with. Thank you again for your help and patience!