Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 1:45 AM
Default Error 3 Occuring
So, about an hour ago I updated Sims 4 to the latest patch (June 19th update). After updating, I launched the game and a message popped up saying "Error code 3". I looked up how to fix it and one of the top answers is to remove mods/cc. Now, this, I am not willing to do. I have around 700 mods/cc downloaded and I absolutely do not want to take any of it out. Is there a way to fix this error without taking out my mods/cc?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 2:55 AM
Well, unless you don't mind to fuck up your game you shouldn't play with broken mods and cc..
check to see if anything have been updated or reported as broken
there is this super helpful link that was posted in the new patch notes thread:

Quote: Originally posted by emino
https://simsvip.com/2018/06/19/brok...tch-seasons-ep/
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 3:58 AM
Script mods that broke the game and gave me this error are:
MTS_TwistedMexi_1463507_tmex-alwaystesting.zip
Tmex-AlwaysFullEditMode.ts4script
Tmex-SellInventory.ts4script
Scholar
#4 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 4:00 AM
Why bother patching if you refuse to touch any of your mods?

You could try to roll back, if you got any other PC with older version of TS4 on, you can copy all game contents over, as the origin client itself doesn't support rollbacks, but it doesn't stop you from doing it manually.

Or if you really play your now stuck with harder 50/50 method of removing mods out and in.

You can not just force the game to run and accept incompatible code.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 4:07 AM
Pay no attention to rude and unhelpful comments on this forum.
Try removing Script mods first. It's very doubtful that a hair or clothing mod is breaking the game.
Good luck.
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#6 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 3:01 PM
Moved to help!

Sadly, Patch day is the moment where people usually run around with their arms in the air since it breaks so much, rather than cheering :P. But I'll second Marjia with starting with script mods (because the error is likely occurring because of incompatible code indeed, as said before too).

Hopefully that will work, it kinda sucks when you just want to play the game and there's tons of housecleaning to do :/