Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 4:37 PM Last edited by JusttRandom : 22nd Jun 2018 at 11:06 PM.
Default **6.20.2018** Game wont load
I can go into build mode/CAS but when I click on a family to play it'll act like its gonna load and then go to the world screen. Its done this with a new game too. What can I do? After the update, it did this and I thought it was the mods but even when I deleted the whole folder it still wouldnt load. I still deleted some mods and CC that I didnt use anyway if that means anything.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 7:17 PM
Definitely sounds like a mod problem, and has nothing to do with Origin update, try running it in a vanilla state, or if you use MCCC, you can try deleting your mcsettings.cfg file so it creates a new one and runs the game at the defaults. If not then go vanilla then report back.
Stupid people are stupid
#3 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 10:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JusttRandom
It seems to work fine now. Perhaps something is wrong in the household I was trying to pick.

What did you do to fix it? I have the exact same problem.
I've tried loading earlier saves, but that didn't help. I've tried loading different families in the same (latest) save, but that keeps loading for ever.
Inventor
#4 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 10:57 AM
As far I know, older version of MCCC is causing this problem. Delete mod / update it.
Stupid people are stupid
#5 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 12:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Anhaeyn
As far I know, older version of MCCC is causing this problem. Delete mod / update it.

Thank you. I had figured it out.

I also had the middle buttons squashed together (pause, play, etc.) which turned out to be a UI cheats mod causing it. Serves me well for trying to play with unupdated mods...
Inventor
#6 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 1:02 PM
Mods like this are always first to take out with new updates. Simple logic - Ui cheats mod alters in game UI - with new update and EP coming out soon - UI gets news stuff, so it might obviously conflict with not updated ui cheats mod.
Stupid people are stupid
#7 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 1:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Anhaeyn
Mods like this are always first to take out with new updates. Simple logic - Ui cheats mod alters in game UI - with new update and EP coming out soon - UI gets news stuff, so it might obviously conflict with not updated ui cheats mod.

I know. I've told so many people this over the years... Just plain old laziness...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 5:03 PM
I've deleted all the mods/clothes/hair/etc. I still cant play.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 6:13 PM
I've deleted all the mods/clothes/hair/etc. I still cant play.

Have you tried to repair your game inside of Origin? Make sure to backup your saves first. If that doesn't work, you can always try to delete your cache but again, must backup your saves
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 10:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rogueandroyal
Have you tried to repair your game inside of Origin? Make sure to backup your saves first. If that doesn't work, you can always try to delete your cache but again, must backup your saves

This was before I went to repair it via Origin and this is after I repaired it.
Scholar
#11 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 11:13 PM
The cache folder only has preview pictures when you're using the gallery
the right way to clear cache files can be found here:
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/help/cache.php

also, you didn't say if the repair helped you at all.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 11:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Keren
The cache folder only has preview pictures when you're using the gallery
the right way to clear cache files can be found here:
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/help/cache.php

also, you didn't say if the repair helped you at all.

Well.. It didnt go back to the world screen but it also didnt load the families.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 3:47 AM
When you say Load the Families do you mean When you go to load your previous saved active family, it goes to the world select screen and not live mod, Because I have this problem, and updated all my mods (including deleting broken ones), and the problem still persists.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 4:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Auronoi
When you say Load the Families do you mean When you go to load your previous saved active family, it goes to the world select screen and not live mod, Because I have this problem, and updated all my mods (including deleting broken ones), and the problem still persists.

Thats exactly what I mean. I've deleted the whole mod folder and it would work fine but of course I want mods so atm I'm just going through and deleting folders I've separated gameplay mods or clothes, etc. into to try and find whats causing it.
Scholar
#15 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 9:38 AM
Thats exactly what I mean. I've deleted the whole mod folder and it would work fine but of course I want mods so atm I'm just going through and deleting folders I've separated gameplay mods or clothes, etc. into to try and find whats causing it.

You should have mention that....
you said it wasn't working even after removing your mods
now you're saying you got the mods back after it worked fine without them

it's clearly a mod issue than
go trough the list of broken mods to see what needs an update
https://simsvip.com/2018/06/19/brok...tch-seasons-ep/
update the ones you can and remove the mods that are not compatible anymore
and it should work just fine

I know removing mods that you love and need ain't fun, but if you wanna be able to play, you got no other solution.. sorry to say.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 11:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Keren
You should have mention that....
you said it wasn't working even after removing your mods
now you're saying you got the mods back after it worked fine without them

it's clearly a mod issue than
go trough the list of broken mods to see what needs an update
https://simsvip.com/2018/06/19/brok...tch-seasons-ep/
update the ones you can and remove the mods that are not compatible anymore
and it should work just fine

I know removing mods that you love and need ain't fun, but if you wanna be able to play, you got no other solution.. sorry to say.

It didnt work when I removed them, idk. Maybe I did something wrong. But thanks. I'll check the list out.