Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th May 2016 at 10:34 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default I uninstalled an expansion and it has disappeared from the UC too
I've made a big mistake today and I am regretting it a lot.

Well, I guess it begins with another mistake, which is that I didn't uninstall normal The Sims 2 when I installed the Ultimate Collection. But whatever, UC has always worked fine, and in fact I didn't even know it was a mistake until today when I read the UC FAQ.
Today, I had the brilliant idea of trying to uninstall one of the expansion packs I had before UC (Bon Voyage) because I thought it wouldn't affect the Ultimate Collection at all. Well, I was wrong. I opened UC tonight and it told me Bon Voyage had been uninstalled, so I was like, well crap. I take out my copy of Bon Voyage thinking I could just re-install it and everything would be fine. But no.
Installation of BV goes fine until it checks if my game is updated or whatever. It tells me that The Sims 2 had been installed incorrectly and cancels the installation.
If I check in Program Files (x86) > Origin Games > The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection and look into every folder, it tells me Bon Voyage is still there. It's just missing from Program Files (x86) > EA Games but that still causes it not to work.
Now, I know I'm an idiot and I should not have uninstalled it in the first place, so let's just forget about that. I just wanna know if there's any way in which I can get Bon Voyage back in UC. Would it help at all if I tried installing the base game again? Should I uninstall everything (including UC) and start over? Am I destined to never play Bon Voyage again?

Oh, I want to mention that in my Documents folder, I have deleted all the files from EA Games > The Sims 2 (and every subsequent expansion pack folder) so I was basically just left with the EA Games > The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection folder. I don't know if that information changes things at all but I thought it was worth mentoning.

I hope someone out there can help me. I'm very sad for being such an idiot.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 6th May 2016 at 10:38 PM
You can't install the UC while sims 2 is installed. You can only have one sims 2 game at a time. If you want to run the UC you will need to uninstall it and uninstall your disk games then reinstall the UC. I don't know how yours even managed to run.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th May 2016 at 10:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
You can't install the UC while sims 2 is installed. You can only have one sims 2 game at a time. If you want to run the UC you will need to uninstall it and uninstall your disk games then reinstall the UC. I don't know how yours even managed to run.

Ugh, I see. What a pain. That's what I get I guess. Thanks for the help though.