Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jun 2015 at 1:55 AM
Default How do you unrepository an object?
I want to clone a custom object, then replace the mesh, but the CC I want to clone is repositoried to a Maxis object. How do I add a texture to it?
Advertisement
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#2 Old 2nd Jun 2015 at 2:33 AM
Well, your object would need more than a texture. It would also need the TXMT, and if you want it to be recolorable, MMAT. If the object you want to clone already has those resources for another part of the mesh (like the shadow) you can clone the TXTR and the MMAT and edit them for your texture. The TXMT would be tricker because shadow TXMTs don't have all of the lines a normal texture does - so you'd be better off extracting one from another package and adding it to yours. And you would also have to edit the SHPE and GMND (to be recolorable). This can all be done, I've done it, but it can be tricky. You'd have to make sure everything links up properly or it won't work in game.

It would be far easier to clone a game mesh and go on from there.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Jun 2015 at 2:18 PM
Thanks. I didn't realize it was that complicated. I was going to clone this booster seat because Sims approach it from the side instead of the front, like Maxis high chairs. Would it be easier to make a new object work the same way?
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#4 Old 2nd Jun 2015 at 5:21 PM
Making your new object behave like that booster seat would involve editing the coding - the BHAVs at the very least, but I'm sure that the TTABs, OBJFs and.. you see where I'm going with this?
If you're not comfortable doing all of that, or don't know how to.. I'll tell you this: Rebecah is extremely approachable and willing to help if you ask her. I'm not sure how far she would be willing to help if you aren't able to edit the coding on your own though. If you can, send her a message at AffinitySims and see what she says. Then let me know (you can send me a PM here)? If it comes down to it, I'd be willing to help you with UNrepositorying her mesh. (Maybe she'd be willing to do a non-repository version? It wouldn't hurt to ask her politely!)
Alchemist
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Jun 2015 at 3:55 PM
Thanks for the offer. I'll contact her and get back to you if necessary.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#6 Old 4th Jun 2015 at 7:48 PM
You're welcome.
Good luck, although you shouldn't need luck. As I said Rebecah is approachable and she's very nice. (She always has been to me.)