Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jul 2017 at 10:17 PM
Default Looking for longer hairs! (male)
So I already posted that I'm looking for a certain hair, but I'm starting to think that it was a gift to Pralinesims, and I can't get it, no matter how hard I try. So... Let's just look for similar hairs?
This is the picture:

I'm looking for similar styles. It would be for my vampire sim. It should be maximum shoulder-lenght, the minimum lenght I'd say, to the sim's ears, if possible. Darker colors would be prefered. :lovestruc
Other examples:

(I already have this one)

I'd be really glad if you could help me!
Please send me your ideas, even if they aren't exactly like what I described! Thank you :lovestruc
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 19th Jul 2017 at 2:54 AM
In the future you should know that you can add something like this to your previous thread if you want to add more items to a WCIF. Part of the forum rules to prevent spam.

Nice hair though, is Caleb's not quite right for ya?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Jul 2017 at 12:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ShigemiNotoge
In the future you should know that you can add something like this to your previous thread if you want to add more items to a WCIF. Part of the forum rules to prevent spam.

Nice hair though, is Caleb's not quite right for ya?

Well, that wasn't quite like this post. I'm still looking for that exact hair, if it's possible to get it, this is just a, uhm, plan B in case it's not possible?
I have to admit, I'm not 100% familiar with the forum rules (in the meaning of what's considered the "same" kind of post), but I think these are two different things. (That exact hair vs. hairs like that.)
I was afraid that if I add this to that post, the chances of me finding that hair will be lower. ^^ I'm thankful for the warning, though. I'll keep it in mind next time.

If you mean the maxis one (since there is a cc Caleb hair, too), well, It looks a bit weird in my opinion The texture, I mean. The hair shape itself is perfect, though.
Theorist
#4 Old 19th Jul 2017 at 1:39 PM
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=594224

Quote:
Limit on WCIFs
No more than 10 items you're looking to find per thread. The exception to this would be one pic where you're looking for everything there.
No more than 1 WCIF thread per day. Please edit your existing post if you've forgotten something or need something else.
No more than 3 WCIF threads per week

It's just to prevent topic spam, that's all. Trying to keep you out of trouble in the future

Have you tried specifically looking for a re-texture of Caleb's hair then, instead of a separate mesh altogether?

If you know of a creator who already re-textures maxis hair then perhaps you could ask about it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th Jul 2017 at 12:50 AM
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=594224

It's just to prevent topic spam, that's all. Trying to keep you out of trouble in the future

Have you tried specifically looking for a re-texture of Caleb's hair then, instead of a separate mesh altogether?

If you know of a creator who already re-textures maxis hair then perhaps you could ask about it.

Yeah, I guessed that you were actoally doing that for me- so thank you. As I said, I'll keep it in mind next time. ^^

I was looking for it on google, but I didn't find any recolors that I liked (the only ones I found were using the same texture, but in a different color). Maybe the problem is, that I don't know the maxis name of that hair, and was searching "Caleb Vatore's hair / sims 4 Caleb hair", which resulted me finding his sims wikia page, and suchnot.
Sadly I don't know any creators that retexture maxis hairs (yet). I'll look it up, though, and maybe find one retexture hidden somewhere, or request it. Thank you!
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 20th Jul 2017 at 1:05 PM Last edited by MiniMimi : 20th Jul 2017 at 9:33 PM.
Have you seen the hair in Vampires? - which is becoming my favorite hair right now - it looks similar to your hair pics. And yeah it's for both genders.
Screenshots
Theorist
#7 Old 20th Jul 2017 at 3:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MiniMimi
Have you seen the hair in Vampires? - which is becoming my favorite hair right now - it looks a similar to your hair pics. And yeah it's for both genders.

Yeah, that's the one we mentioned earlier. The texture is wrong apparently.

For some reason there is an epidemic in my world and all female aliens spawn with this hair. I blame Caleb somehow...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 21st Jul 2017 at 11:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MiniMimi
Have you seen the hair in Vampires? - which is becoming my favorite hair right now - it looks similar to your hair pics. And yeah it's for both genders.

Yeah, you got a reply to that, but.. yea. I actually love that hairshape, it really is similar to the hair I want. But the way it's been made is just really weird. Sadly I couldn't see anyone retexture it, so... I'm currently diving into the world of retexturing, editing meshes, and alpha hairs... Maybe I'll be able to do something with it myself.

Yeah, that's the one we mentioned earlier. The texture is wrong apparently.

For some reason there is an epidemic in my world and all female aliens spawn with this hair. I blame Caleb somehow...

That isn't so bad. I downloaded a creepy CC hair, it kinda looks like something straight out of a horror movie. It's a Samara-style. (I wanted to make a scary vampire...)
For some reason every third sim (literally) wears that hair. I guess the sims in my world are pretty edgy.
Yup. It's almost like this, but it covers half of the face.
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 22nd Jul 2017 at 12:26 AM
Wow, it's awesome you'll try to recolor/retexture it yourself. Good luck for that I hope you'll post your recolor here on ModTheSims! I only know how to edit mods and to edit recolors so I can't help you there - if you have any question there's a creator forum here with a ton of tutorials and savvy people. Yeah it sometimes happen with CC, Sims games like to troll its players. Ah the joy of half the town wearing the Riverviews overalls in Sims 3, can"t beat that. And all the elders in Sims 4 at launch that would walk around with a sombrero.. Priceless.
Great Gif BTW, I'm glad it doesn't move!