Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Feb 2017 at 7:56 PM
Default The Realistic Asylum Challenge
Quote:
Simcity Hospital has received a grant to open a State-of-the-art Mental health facility. No more are the days of the creepy and probably cursed asylum, This facility is dedicated to helping those Sims whose mental health is at great risk through modern therapy practices such as Art therapy, Music Therapy, and Educating patients in important life skills. Unfortunately, this grant only allows for one member of staff and up to seven patients (Not including therapy animals). While the facility may be small, we here at Simcity hospital hope to offer the most effective mental health therapies possible.

That's right, we're going to build a mostly-accurate Mental health institution. Instead of the old spooky, "I'm Trapped in here" type challenges, we're going to take a look into the lives of the mentally ill and hopefully learn to understand them better. For this challenge, we need a Doctor and three to seven patients. (And therapy animals, If you have Pets installed). Let's get started:

1. Create the Doctor. This sim can be of any race, sex, trait combination, or occult state, but they must be employed in the Medical career track. This doctor is the only sim allowed to have a job outside the facility.
2. Create three to seven patients. These sims are all YA or older like the doctor, but they have been diagnosed with a mental condition which makes them unable to leave the facility without supervision. Here are some possible trait combinations/mental conditions to choose from:

-The Paranoid Patient: Neurotic, Coward, Hydrophobic, Hates the outdoors, Technophobe
-The Developmentally disabled Patient: Absent-minded, Easily Impressed, Childish, Unflirty, No sense of Humor
-The Obsessive-Compulsive Patient: Neurotic, Coward, Neat, Never Nude, Perfectionist
-The Narcissistic Patient: Flirty, Charismatic, Schmoozer, Snob, Perfectionist
-The Impulsive Patient: Daredevil, Inappropriate, Insane, Party Animal, Easily Impressed
-The Depressed Patient: Couch Potato, Heavy Sleeper, Loner, Over-emotional, No sense of Humor
-The Anti-Social Patient: Mean-spirited, Hot-headed, dislikes children, Inappropriate, Evil
-The Dependent Patient: Clumsy, Coward, Unlucky, Hopeless romantic, Childish
-The Passive-Aggressive Patient: Grumpy, Loser, Mooch, Can't Stand Art, Heavy Sleeper
-The Senile Patient: Absent-Minded, Inappropriate, Easily Impressed, Grumpy, Childish (This patient MUST be an Elder)
-The Manic Patient: Excitable, Lucky, Light Sleeper, Party Animal, Daredevil
-The Ritualistic Patient: Neurotic, Neat, Perfectionist, Childish, No sense of Humor
-The Lovesick Patient: Hopeless Romantic, Flirty, Ambitious, Overly Emotional, Family-Oriented

3. Now, with a one-time grant of one million Simoleans (You can use cheats to get that money) Build a friendly, modern facility to house the good Doctor and the patients. Build it in whatever style you'd like, but it must contain the following facilities:

-A high wall and gate so that the patients can't leave the grounds unsupervised.
-Living facilities including a Cafeteria, dormitories, recreation room, and outdoor entertainment areas (With a small, separate apartment for the doctor)
-Therapy rooms for things like Music therapy, art therapy, Physical therapy (A gym, basically), and a library for the Patients to learn new skills and coping mechanisms.
-Some outdoor facilities where The patients can garden, go fishing, Collect things, and interact with the therapy horses if you have any.

4. You may add therapy animals to the family, and they can be of any species or trait mix.
5. There are a few rules the patients must follow:

-They cannot get full-time jobs. Only skill jobs or part-time jobs.
-They cannot marry or have children.
-They cannot travel to Sub-lots like any of the adventure worlds or university (The doctor can go if they so choose) Until they are "cured".
-They must all dress alike to distinguish themselves as patients of the facility, they are free to wear any hairstyle or accessories they like, though.

6. The goal is to "Cure" all of the patients by completing their lifetime wishes. Keep in mind that since they cannot get full-time jobs, these lifetime wishes must be skill or relationship related. Once a patient is cured, they still live at the facility, but are now free to get a full-time job or Travel. They still can't get married or have kids though.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 8th Mar 2017 at 12:50 AM
I'm definitely going to do this after I get a bunch of CC
Test Subject
#3 Old 8th Mar 2017 at 10:24 PM
I think I'll do this at some point, but with a twist of the patients each being a Supernatural creature.
Test Subject
#4 Old 20th Jul 2017 at 4:13 AM
Going to be doing this on my youtube channel most likely since it's different than the rest of the asylum challenges.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 20th Jul 2017 at 4:40 AM
Wow, this challenge stigmatises mental illness in a way that the original asylum challenge didn't!

Thanks, I hate it.
Test Subject
#6 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 6:14 AM
great challenge- I like how you categorised the patients with the traits