Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS Movie Night #3 - posted on Yesterday at 10:54 PM
Replies: 7 (Who?), Viewed: 637 times.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 10:18 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default So is my neighborhood doomed?
I'm playing tarlias version of pleasant view and I've noticed some odd things happening after running hood checker. Angela tried inviting Dustin over (they are in a relationship and have their scores and 100 or so I thought) Dustin rejected her invitation the same way a sim would reject an invitation from a stranger. On her end they have their relationship all the way up but I loaded up his and he doesn't even know her anymore. I had to have him reintroduce himself to her so his relationship with her was erased. Also when I went on Darren dreamers house I had Dirk dreamer mourn darleens grave and when I did that both the stereo and the tv turn on. And it happens everytime.That might be because of a mod I'll check in a bit once my backup is done. Bur strange thing is Darleen used to always haunt the house and since I've ran the hood check I haven't ever seen her ghost out . I'm wondering what went wrong. Is this just a sign of corruption?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 11:10 PM
some things to try::
-replace the neighborhood with some earlier state (if you have one or more).
-replace the neighborhood with some downloaded version; not sure where.
-do the fix option in hood checker.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 11:17 PM Last edited by jvms20 : 7th Oct 2017 at 11:33 PM.
I've replaced the hood with my most recent back up and the problem still persists. I replaced it with three back ups before that and the problem is still there so this must've been an issue for a while and I didn't notice anything until I rotated back to that family. Also on my characters file I noticed that one character is reduced to 1kb as opposed to a normal character file. The 1kb file is not on any of my back ups it's just on the game I'm currently playing which is odd because I've never deleted anyone. I've also took out the mods and it didn't work. And I'll try to hood check it again and see if it works.

I ran hood check and it didn't work.
Née whiterider
staff: administrator
#4 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 12:44 AM
What happened with hoodchecker?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 1:02 AM
This glitch has happened to me in every hood I've ever played at least once. It's always one-sided, and sometimes it involves unilateral removal of the family flags. AFAIK no one knows what triggers it and it isn't related to corruption but is Just One of Those Things. That it happened after you ran Hoodchecker is probably a coincidence, though you might keep an eye open, because if it's possible for Hoodchecker to trigger it that might give some clever programmer the clue needed to find out how to prevent it.

(I miss Mootilda.)

As for fixing it, your favorite editing tool will allow you to restore the relationship. I say fix it and keep on playing.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 2:09 AM
Will do then. I'll just use the sim blender and restore the relationship. But what about the shredded character file?

@Nysha hood check found a few invalid sim relationships and also four characters who have no character data but I assume those might be my multi pts? (I hope.) Also instances like Betty newbie having a relationship with a nonexistent sim showed up but I don't even know how I've never played as Betty newbie. Nothing about Dustin showed up in hood check. As I expected I went back into the game and found that nothing changed from the hood check which is what I meant by it not working.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 2:37 AM
I see no evidence of a shredded character file in your hood. Ghost appearances are random. Darleen not being seen for awhile doesn't mean she's not still attached to her tombstone. If you have nounlinkondelete and nocorruptdeath, nothing you might do accidentally is likely to shred anybody. (If you don't have them, get them!)

As for the hoodchecker, there's certain kinds of naturally occurring corruption - data dust building up in the software, if you will - that it was designed to handle. For the late Betty Newbie to pop up with a relationship with a nonexistent sim is an example of this sort of incidental corruption. The Hoodchecker can clean that right up for you. Dustin unilaterally losing his known flag and relationship points for Angela happens in much the same way, but it doesn't create any data for the Hoodchecker to clean up.

I'm surprised you only have four Unknowns. Your multi-PT mod, Grim, Mrs. Crumplebottom, the Therapist, and the remote-controlled car all appear as Unknowns. That's nothing to worry about.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 2:50 AM
Ok thank you. And by the character shredded I was referring to the character file in my character folder that is now only 1kb but I looked at my previous backups and the 1kb file wasn't there anymore. So I guess it was only just recently that someone's character data had been shredded. At least that's what I understand from when I see a character file that is only 1kb.