Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 11:16 PM
Default Any Female Clothes for Drag Men?
Hey guys,

So has anyone made female clothes that can go on men? I downloaded some great leggings here for men and thought it would be fun to put some drag queens in my town.
Advertisement
#2 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 11:22 PM
Cover their faces with makeup, put on that Everyday Hugh Hefner robe with skinny jeans, give them the longest hair for males (which I wish could be unlocked for females as well) and...voila!

Really, just improvise, your drag queen will be walking the streets of Sunset Valley in no time.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 11:23 PM
xD I'mma try that CharmingFirewaller
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 11:25 PM
Yeah i know there are small amount of options to work with BUT it would be so fantastic to have them in dresses... or something more feminine.

no one has figured out how to do it yet i guess?
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 11:27 PM
I don't think you can make 'drag-queens' per se using EAxian defaults, but I've made some pretty saucy looking guys in my neighbourhoods with some tasty nicknames. Unfortunately, the game is on the other computer at my brother's house so I can't share any pictures with you right now.

And I've always thought that Hugh Hefner robe more suited, pimps than anything else. XD
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 11:28 PM
Yeah I've got lots of custom content i just hoped that somewhere out there someone was genius enough to make the EA dresses unisex.

Agreed i always thought that shirt was more pimp like.
#7 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 11:31 PM
lol well he's sort of like a pimp so I guess it makes sense :P

Don't worry Creativebarbie, it'll probably take them a while but I think once the modders start working on clothing meshes (they've done hair already), we might see uploads of female clothing for men and vice versa.

But oh, you can create Jeffree Star. Just make sure you use LOTS of pink, leather and those huge glasses to match.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 11:35 PM
I just googled Jeffree Star and wow! Day-um.

Anywho, I also can't wait for more effeminate clothes for my saucy, gay sims and I also hope we get long, curly hair meshes and don't forget the heels.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 11:40 PM
Heels would be fab!

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll just have to keep checking back i guess

i'm so impatient
#10 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 11:40 PM
Oh yes, I can't wait for curly hair meshes either. I just realized that we don't really have too many curly hairstyles in the base game. There are, like, two for females (more like wavy actually) and I can't remember if there are any for males other than the really short one.

Good thing we can change the voices though, perhaps you could make a female sim and make her sound really masculine?
Field Researcher
#11 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 11:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CuddlesdaTeddlyBear
I just googled Jeffree Star and wow! Day-um.

Anywho, I also can't wait for more effeminate clothes for my saucy, gay sims and I also hope we get long, curly hair meshes and don't forget the heels.

I literally exclaimed "Holyshit!"

I WANT HIS HAIR FOR MY SIMS
#12 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 11:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ghostanimal
I literally exclaimed "Holyshit!"

I WANT HIS HAIR FOR MY SIMS

You can! Just color their hair pink. :D
Field Researcher
#13 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 11:42 PM
xD True
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 11:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CharmingFirewaller
Oh yes, I can't wait for curly hair meshes either. I just realized that we don't really have too many curly hairstyles in the base game. There are, like, two for females (more like wavy actually) and I can't remember if there are any for males other than the really short one.

Good thing we can change the voices though, perhaps you could make a female sim and make her sound really masculine?

Yeah, I noticed that too and it really irked me. It's bad enough the male sims always get shafted when it comes to custom content, and I know it's just the base game, but the selection of hair for both male and female is poor.

And why no curly hair? Actually... I don't think there were any default curly hair meshes in Sims 2 either, except that 'Goldilocks' style for the little girls.
#15 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 12:00 AM
That's true, I had to download curly meshes from here back when I used to play the Sims 2. What EA should do is stop being so sexist and make hairstyles appear for both genders...of course, that could also lead to bad choices made by the game's randomizer resulting in fugly townies.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 12:13 AM
Like the randomizer's doing a good job already. I had some hideous sims in 2 but at least they were fixed with replacement face packs. In Sims 3 there is no escaping the default pudding-faced sims. Although, I've never played a neightbourhood long enough to tell if the face sliders work when generating NPCs.

But I agree, hairstyles are alot less gender specific than clothing.