Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#5601 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 3:15 PM
Also for pets I like pets being able to sleep on a bed with a child (doesn't work for some cc beds)

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#5602 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 4:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
Also for pets I like pets being able to sleep on a bed with a child (doesn't work for some cc beds)

You are aware this mod exist right?
http://modthesims.info/d/407570

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#5603 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 7:47 PM
It won't work if the bed is an older, pre-Pets one (or if the creator just didn't bother enabling it for pets).

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Forum Resident
#5604 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 4:41 PM
Thanks for the mods guys! These will be a huge help! I have been playing a couple of my smaller neighborhoods recently, and thought some of my sims needed dogs!

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
Mad Poster
#5605 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 4:58 PM
My prayers from 'Hack & CC that you'd like to see!' have been answered: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=608173
Top Secret Researcher
#5606 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 6:22 PM
Yay! As long as it isn't a default replacement or something because I need drowning sims in my life.
Mad Poster
#5607 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 11:54 PM
Hold on to your cheese cakes, Rosie has learned how to make fences.

Mad Poster
#5608 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 6:26 AM
There's a point where the damn salsa music from the stereo gets permanently stuck in your head. I want to punch whoever thought to make that the default station.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Inventor
#5609 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 6:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
There's a point where the damn salsa music from the stereo gets permanently stuck in your head. I want to punch whoever thought to make that the default station.

I'd love the option to Turn On -> Pick Station rather than listen to anymore salsa as soon as I turn it on! I already hear too much of it here.

Also, my wrist hurt from clicking on too many garden plots so I started using Macrotastics (oh, my gosh, I've been calling it macrostatics this whole time and sometimes my head thinks it's macrostatistics).

I held off on it for a while because I wasn't sure I wanted all of its features and I heard of some problems with ofbfixes, but wow, this makes gardening and cleaning a whole lot easier on the hand. It's useful for telling someone to stay idle while I have a child ask them for help with homework too; I knew of the application but I wondered if I could do without it just yet. I didn't add the other related mods though and I don't think I'll be using the other features for now.

(I just realized that the in-game uncooked instant ramen looks more like puff pastry. Hmm...)
Mad Poster
#5610 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 7:04 AM
I love Macrotastics for gardening and cleaning. I don't have to worry about whether I missed something or not. I use the other features on occasion, though I try not to get too carried away with it. Sometimes I have pregnant Sims 'power idle' just to keep up with the constant motive drop.

Top Secret Researcher
#5611 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 12:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister

I think they did that because few would listen to it otherwise. XD I'm switching to the RnB station for actually listenable music.

And just you saying that made me get it stuck in my head!! GRRRRR!
Mad Poster
#5612 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 2:54 PM
I like some of the salsa music, plus of course I've added my own music to it, but it would be great to have the ability to set a custom default for different community lots. That and the TV.

If you don't like a station, adding your own music is far and away the simplest solution.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#5613 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 3:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
I like some of the salsa music, plus of course I've added my own music to it, but it would be great to have the ability to set a custom default for different community lots. That and the TV.

If you don't like a station, adding your own music is far and away the simplest solution.

There are already different color speakers that plays different style...maybe I don't understand what you said?
That community lot in one of the premade hoods that plays metal...you must replace the speaker by another one, delete it, but you cannot change style.
I used the reggae one for my main mall.

Inventor
#5614 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 3:27 PM
Yes, an option to have a custom default would be great, but I'm also confused - I thought we could use speakers on community lots for that. Maybe Peni meant something that affected all radios in-game. Salsa's fine, but I think my neighbor just overexposed me to it. I like Indie Wave myself.

Wait a minute... Instant ramen came from the fridge. What?! Not this again!
Mad Poster
#5615 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 3:32 PM
You don't always want speakers, though. The juke box is more appropriate for some venues; but if you go into a country western bar, there's no way there should be any salsa selections available on the juke. (Though there might be Tejano.)

I also want to be able to set the default channels for TVs on community lots. There's a bowling alley in Bigg City that has two TVs above the bar and I desperately want to have one TV set to the Sports Channel and the other to the Music Channel. Bonus points if the vertical hold could go out.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#5616 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 3:38 PM
Would it work to just clone a big TV and remove all channels from it, only keeping the one?
There could be a few of them TV, one for Sports only, one for Evening news, etc..

Mad Poster
#5617 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 6:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
You are aware this mod exist right?
http://modthesims.info/d/407570

That's the one I have. And what Ihate said.

Mad Poster
#5618 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 6:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pideli
Yay! As long as it isn't a default replacement or something because I need drowning sims in my life.

This same question was asked in comments for that mod

Top Secret Researcher
#5619 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 7:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin

I actually do like the salsa station, it's just very worn out at this point, I need something else.

This same question was asked in comments for that mod

I was joking though.
Theorist
#5620 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 7:38 PM
Well drowning Sims in the pool is a classic part of the game since its very first installment and was once so omnipresent that it's even referenced in the backstory of the Brokes (Skip's "pool ladder accident"). And while it's not as good a way to create a graveyard in Sims 2 as it was in Sims 1 (due to water-based ghost being a pain in the bottom, the problems private graveyards can cause and there being easier/quicker options if you desperately need a graveyard right now) I agree it's important to ask whether this (excellent) mod makes it impossible.

Good news: it doesn't.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
#5621 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 9:32 PM
The very first thing I did when I first got the Sims 2 at a yard sale back back in 2007-2008 was create a Sim, move them into one of the cheap trailer houses in Pleasantview, use up their remaining funds on building a pool, then delete the ladder. Then I didn't play the game again until 2013.

Field Researcher
#5622 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 9:38 PM
https://www.reddit.com/r/thesims/co...ne_magazine_in/

Active discussion of the game was held at the reddit. Collected a lot of likes. Although there is mainly talk about Sims 4.
Mad Poster
#5623 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 10:21 PM
That's the one I have. And what Ihate said.

I was replying to this :

My bad. I should know what you have in your Downloads folder, and know in advance what Ihate is about to post after I do....

Theorist
#5624 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 10:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Liza
https://www.reddit.com/r/thesims/co...ne_magazine_in/

Active discussion of the game was held at the reddit. Collected a lot of likes. Although there is mainly talk about Sims 4.

I remember that ad from when I was a child! There was also at least one other, with the romance aspiration that had a wife catch her husband in bed with another woman and the options I remember where "Kill" "Divorce" and "Join in"

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
#5625 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 3:22 AM
I'm combining recolours into larger merged packages and it's satisfying to see 10 files in a folder instead of 100. I don't know if it'll actually make the game run faster but it's a lot less messy at least.

Page 225 of 516