Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Dec 2017 at 3:35 PM
Default Glowing-glassy thing on my Sims
Okay so I don't know why this is happening, at first I thought it would only happen while in CAS but the problem also happens while i'm in gameplay, not all the time. But it is random when it shows.

- I have a Mac Pro with OS X Capitan, 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5, Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB.
- In CAS mode, when I change the Sims clothes or if I go to another Type of clothing and then come back (From Everyday to Formal and then back at Everyday) it stops showing. In gameplay mode, even if I change my Sim's outfit the glowing-glassy thing still happens.
- In CAS, it only happens with certain cc, not a specific one is random. Example: Everything is ok and then I choose some cc lipstick, the glossy-thing shows but then if I took off the lipstick from my sim it still showing, and if I change to another cc lipstick and then choose my main cc lipstick the glossy thing doesn't show anymore.
- It happen recently, before I have a lot of cc and it didn't show. I don't know if this is helpful but I have 1.36 GB of cc.

Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 19th Dec 2017 at 7:02 PM
Move your mods folder out of your game's folder (or just rename it to mods1 or w/e) and check how your game behaves without cc.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Dec 2017 at 10:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Anhaeyn
Move your mods folder out of your game's folder (or just rename it to mods1 or w/e) and check how your game behaves without cc.

The glossy thing still happens even if I move my mods Folders
Inventor
#4 Old 23rd Dec 2017 at 10:44 PM
Hmm.. Have you tried repairing your game via origin?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Dec 2017 at 7:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Anhaeyn
Hmm.. Have you tried repairing your game via origin?

Yes and still it doesn't dissapear
Forum Resident
#6 Old 25th Dec 2017 at 7:30 AM
Do you have tray importer? http://luniversims.com/files/file/7...-tray-importer/

I would be curious to see if this is something specific - create and save the sim to your library, exit your game and use the importer - click on cc and see what it says.

Do you know how to refresh your game by renaming your sims folder .old? Since repairing didn't work, I would swear it has to be a mod. Or, are the graphics settings really funky for what your computer can actually handle? Just some thoughts.
Scholar
#7 Old 25th Dec 2017 at 9:22 AM
At last resort, and cannot find any hope to getting rid of it, you can set your Lighting to Low in graphics options, downside it will remove shine from everything in the game,

But if you say it's not CC related, and your core game files aren't damaged, then your only suspect left is your computer.
Scholar
#8 Old 25th Dec 2017 at 2:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gluttonsim
Okay so I don't know why this is happening, at first I thought it would only happen while in CAS but the problem also happens while i'm in gameplay, not all the time. But it is random when it shows.

- I have a Mac Pro with OS X Capitan, 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5, Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB.
- In CAS mode, when I change the Sims clothes or if I go to another Type of clothing and then come back (From Everyday to Formal and then back at Everyday) it stops showing. In gameplay mode, even if I change my Sim's outfit the glowing-glassy thing still happens.
- In CAS, it only happens with certain cc, not a specific one is random. Example: Everything is ok and then I choose some cc lipstick, the glossy-thing shows but then if I took off the lipstick from my sim it still showing, and if I change to another cc lipstick and then choose my main cc lipstick the glossy thing doesn't show anymore.
- It happen recently, before I have a lot of cc and it didn't show. I don't know if this is helpful but I have 1.36 GB of cc.

I think is something related to Mac, possibly the retina display? I think I remember seeing that there's an issue with Macs right now and a collar from Cats and Dogs causing an effect like this.