Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Apr 2017 at 2:45 AM
Default Certain items that cannot be selected or deleted
I don't think this is a game glitch, but regardless it's driving me up the wall and I couldn't find any answers or solutions to this aspect of the game or even other people who appear to be complaining about the same thing.

So, I've been on a roll renovating all of the apartments in San Myshuno (I really hate that name), the city that comes with the City Living expansion pack. I've come across a little bit of a problem with one of the apartments. There appears to be an outline on the floor like someone had died there and there are pipes and electrical boxes in another part of the room. I can't remove these because they cannot be selected. The apartment in question is 1313 21 Chic Street, which happens to have the "Needs TLC" lot trait which of course, I also cannot remove. I'm not sure if that relates to this annoyance, but I'm going to bring it up just in case it does.

These pipes, electrical panels and the body outline on the floor are annoying, the pipes and electrical panels in particular because they were preventing me from placing my beds exactly where I wanted them to be and they limit what I can put in that one specific room. Of course, I could always use the bb.moveobjects command but I didn't want to because I thought it might cause issues with what I wanted to do and the bb.moveobjects command doesn't allow for the selection of these items.

Does anyone know how I could select these items and subsequently remove them?

There is nothing to see here. Move along.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 28th Apr 2017 at 7:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LOLZpersonok
I don't think this is a game glitch, but regardless it's driving me up the wall and I couldn't find any answers or solutions to this aspect of the game or even other people who appear to be complaining about the same thing.

So, I've been on a roll renovating all of the apartments in San Myshuno (I really hate that name), the city that comes with the City Living expansion pack. I've come across a little bit of a problem with one of the apartments. There appears to be an outline on the floor like someone had died there and there are pipes and electrical boxes in another part of the room. I can't remove these because they cannot be selected. The apartment in question is 1313 21 Chic Street, which happens to have the "Needs TLC" lot trait which of course, I also cannot remove. I'm not sure if that relates to this annoyance, but I'm going to bring it up just in case it does.

These pipes, electrical panels and the body outline on the floor are annoying, the pipes and electrical panels in particular because they were preventing me from placing my beds exactly where I wanted them to be and they limit what I can put in that one specific room. Of course, I could always use the bb.moveobjects command but I didn't want to because I thought it might cause issues with what I wanted to do and the bb.moveobjects command doesn't allow for the selection of these items.

Does anyone know how I could select these items and subsequently remove them?

You need two mods:

1. Unlocked Lot Traits
2. Moveable/Buyable City Living Apartment Objects

If you read the descriptions on both mods, it will explain why you need both and quicker than me typing out a long explanation. The two of them together will do what you want though.