Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2051 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 4:24 PM
This is probably the first time I’ve ever liked CAS assets more than I liked build/buy items.

CAS is designed so well. It’s designed to match the theme completely, while being simple and versatile enough to fit a variety of other styles, which is so very important. So m oh variety with so few options. Most importantly, ALL ages get clothing (as opposed to EA discriminating again what age group deserves what based on metrics or whatever).

Build/Buy... it’s cute, and much of it is versatile, but I tend to be bothered by incomplete sets. It’s very cute stuff altogether, though. Since it’s very rustic and outdoorsy, this is great for gardens and fantasy settings. Very floral and rough without being grunge.

Most importantly, it’s free!

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2052 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 8:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hiabara
I'm not sure if this is the right place to mention it, but I wanted to share it - Remember that one of the options for the fan SP was Weddings Stuff? Well, if someone was really excited for it then there's a fan-made, maxis-match SP called "Rustic Romance" with over 70 items. You can fine it here and here's an overview of the files

What a great site! I am downloading 2 of the packs now. Thank you for the links!
Mad Poster
#2053 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 8:42 PM
We might not get insects/bugs, but something close to that:

https://simsvip.com/2018/03/05/sims...ment-march-6th/
Lab Assistant
#2054 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 8:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
We might not get insects/bugs, but something close to that:

https://simsvip.com/2018/03/05/sims...ment-march-6th/

i'm going through a range of different theories about what this could be and all of them piss me off
Mad Poster
#2055 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 9:12 PM
"Care a new pet". Singular, So basically, putting bets it's a partying cage hamster. Great! Just what TS4 needs :D

I can hear Rachel whispering "Did someone say a dance party?!" *Claps her hands, lights switch off, music blasts through the speakers and her friends awkwardly burst in through the door*.

I do feel like these hamsters would be, unlike babies, roamable around sim a room their cage is presented, sort of like open world to them, just to justify that whooping 10$ price tag.
Forum Resident
#2056 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 9:12 PM
"Requires The Sims 4 Cats and Dogs Expansion Pack (sold separately) to access all Stuff Pack content"

An add-on for an add-on, with dancing mice. We have reached peak EAxis.

Edit: Looks like it's just the mouse, as far as small pets go. Are they going to make a separate birds stuff pack?
Mad Poster
#2057 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 9:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dorsal Axe
"Requires The Sims 4 Cats and Dogs Expansion Pack (sold separately) to access all Stuff Pack content"

An add-on for an add-on. We have reached peak EAxis.

Basically, practically useless advertisement except for those who it manages to tempt into buying C&D for additional clothing.
Lab Assistant
#2058 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 9:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dorsal Axe

An add-on for an add-on. We have reached peak EAxis.

if this is anything but a free update i'm laying down in the ground and covering myself in the earth, digging myself deeper and deeper until i'm reduced to a pile of ash at the planets molten core, i will become one with the dirt
where'd you find that little mouse thumbnail, by the way?
Field Researcher
#2059 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 9:38 PM
So let me get this straight... instead of including small pets (like mice/hamsters whatever) in the pet themed expansion...they are going to sell them...separately...each in $10 stuff packs.....wow. And it is a stuff pack that requires another pack, not just the base game... things just keep getting worse and worse for this series.

Also... another fur suit to be added to the ever growing faux-fur couture collection...

If there is anyone that wishes to still defend EAxis, swallow your words and please fling yourself off a cliff.
dodgy builder
#2060 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 9:40 PM
Silly me thought it was a dancing cat. Mice for the cats, so what does the dogs get? Nah ... I'm feeling cold atm, give me something more. Useless teaser.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2061 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 9:43 PM
A stuff pack containing a singular small pet to an expansion pack that was already light on content compared to previous games.

Scholar
#2062 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 11:12 PM
It seems this day is all about simmers going between terror and laughing hysteria. OML I can't see this going over well.

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Forum Resident
#2063 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 11:31 PM
Holy shit, they had a paid addon to an expansion planned immediately after the expansion came out.
It hasnt even been half a year.

FOR THE HORDE
Field Researcher
#2064 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 12:12 AM
The sad thing is one quick glance shows many people are willing to buy this crap.

Did we need pet costumes? No. Did we need more? Hell no. I have to laugh that a game that is so anti - anything less than happiness, joy and rainbows pushes something which is considered cruel by some like animal costumes.

But no doubt the game changers will be out soon saying how awesome it is that we get to pay £10 for a small animal that should never have been taken out a pets expansion to begin with.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2065 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 12:34 AM
We all know they’re smiling through the pain.

Field Researcher
#2066 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 12:52 AM
Ah the Sims' Twitter account and the majority of their followers never fail to amuse and somewhat depress me. Right now, the replies section to their tweet with the sneak peak is like a vast ocean with a couple of islands here and there. The islands representing the people who are genuinely worried, while the vast ocean is the people with the "YAS MORE STUFF PACKS", "OMG SMALL PETS" and "SO EXCITED" replies, also known as the bumbling idiots.
Field Researcher
#2067 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 1:05 AM
Quote:
Meh. It would have meant cutting something else out, I'm sure. Not sure what quarter of the pack development I'd have been happy to lose for hamsters (and whatever else there is here), personally. Definitely would hate to not have gotten the world. And I think the Vet career was a fresh addition too. Or it would have meant increasing the price of EPs by a lot (and not just in markets where currency shifted).

With comments like that defending them, ea will continue this. (Comment from officials in reply to someone saying they are disgusted)

I swear the sims community is the only gaming community that accepts this and will happily hand over their wallets to EA,
Field Researcher
#2068 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 1:15 AM
Wait a second... I think something good might come of this. Assuming that they have plans to release stuff packs that will feature the things they "weren't able to include" in Cats & Dogs... guys... I think we might finally get those Brindleton Bay boat animations we've all been clamouring for.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2069 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 1:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Goldbear
With comments like that defending them, ea will continue this. (Comment from officials in reply to someone saying they are disgusted)

I swear the sims community is the only gaming community that accepts this and will happily hand over their wallets to EA,

It’s not just the Sims. Companies have made billions (literally) on microtransactions. I hate them, but people want them... apparently.

Field Researcher
#2070 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 1:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
It’s not just the Sims. Companies have made billions (literally) on microtransactions. I hate them, but people want them... apparently.

I hate them too. Some want them. Im betting the majority will moan but buy this anyway.
Mad Poster
#2071 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 1:35 AM
You've gotta be kidding me. Is this really what they're about to do? Sell us one minor pet at a time? This is a joke, right? A misunderstanding?

The Receptacle still lives!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2072 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 1:49 AM
Back in my day you got 150 objects, 50 CAS assets, 12+ gameplay objects, an occult, and new game changing mechanics all in one package at a fair price for hours of fun, made even more fun with the next addition.

Now, they’ve hacked the game away to hell and now back and now it’s still not as fun as previous additions. Nightlife-esque was divided up between Get Together, City Living, Dine Out, Vintage Glamor, and Bowling Night - 5 packs, yet it still feels like it’s missing something.

Mad Poster
#2073 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 1:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
Back in my day you got 150 objects, 50 CAS assets, 12+ gameplay objects, an occult, and new game changing mechanics all in one package at a fair price for hours of fun, made even more fun with the next addition.

Now, they’ve hacked the game away to hell and now back and now it’s still not as fun as previous additions. Nightlife-esque was divided up between Get Together, City Living, Dine Out, Vintage Glamor, and Bowling Night - 5 packs, yet it still feels like it’s missing something.

I agree. One thing that the other versions did better than 3 though was restaurants. I wish we had gotten true restaurants in 3. What we got was better than nothing but not like sitting down for a meal and having Mrs Crumplebottom come by and want too slug you with her purse if you flirted at the table.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2074 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 2:12 AM
TS3 has so many no-restaurants and businesses

They spend so much times making fake restaurants, you wonder why they didn’t just buckle down and make a restaurant.

Businesses in 4 were definately an improvement from 3, but it doesn’t take work to improve on garbage because they were a mess in 3. The team in 3 didn’t even know that food was removed from lots after midnight (or did, but shipped it anyway) so everyone has broken bakeries.

Forum Resident
#2075 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 2:25 AM
Off topic, but does anyone actually like/use those animal costumes?

FOR THE HORDE
Page 83 of 141