Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 2:34 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Running a business owned by a playable sim
I haven't played OFB much, just reintroducing myself to it.

I want to be able to havea pet shop run by a playable sim, and have it visited by other playable sims, from their point of view. That is, I want to be at the customer's house and send them to the pet shop to buy a pet (although can be anything, doing pet shop atm).

- I made an old lady (Mrs Pett) and moved her into her house.
- I built a pet shop on a community lot.
- Mrs Pett bought the community lot and then went to visit it.
- Mrs Pett set the price of all items in the shop and then hired an employee (playable Mrs Snodgrass)
- Mrs Snodgrass set to work as a cashier
- From Mrs Pett's point of view, customers (townies) came by and bought up a load of stuff while Mrs S worked
- Saved the game
- Went to the Snodgrass household. Carpool came at 8 to pick up Mrs S (she was previously unemployed but the game now marks her job as employee - that's cool)
- Mr Snodgrass wanted to take his son to said pet shop to buy a pet. Clicked on him, and asked him to walk to community lot

BUT the pet shop is greyed out and he can't go!

Is my scenario not possible? If it is, how can I make it work, so that Master Snodgrass can get a dog?

Thanks!
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 2:44 AM
That's weird. That's how it's supposed to work. Did you have Mrs. Pett go home? Because she may be using that lot as the active sim. Send her home. When Snodgrass goes there, she will show up to serve him.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 7:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
That's weird. That's how it's supposed to work. Did you have Mrs. Pett go home? Because she may be using that lot as the active sim. Send her home. When Snodgrass goes there, she will show up to serve him.

Yes that worked! THank you.

So i can't have Mrs S serve Mr S then. I can live with that.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 7:30 AM
Mrs S will serve Mr S, she should show up uncontroalled walking around. Your sim may have quite a wait though, sims tend to prefer restocking than ringing up customers.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#5 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 9:16 AM
If Mrs. S is an employee assigned to be a cashier, then she should still be assigned to run the cash register when you visit the lot with some other playable.

You might be interested in Pescado's "Business Runs You" mod. Among other useful functions, it lets you assign a task to the owner, who would otherwise usually just wander around the shop being a pest when you visit from a different household.

Support thread here with list of required supporting hacks (get the latest versions of the other mods from the link below). Feel free to ask questions here on MTS:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...pic,3884.0.html

Download from here - businessrunsyou.zip
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/f...r=al%2Fhacks%2F
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 11:40 AM
Thank you RoxEllen, will do.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 11:44 AM
If Mrs S is assigned she will be there as the cashier but not if she goes there with him as playable.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#8 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 1:13 PM
If no-one is on the till, I usually grab the owner (either control this sim or using the Debug Mode option) and put them on the till, then deselect them.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 1:53 PM
Yes, I've done that. I am too impatient to wait while they do everything else under the sun but serve my sim.

~Call me Jo~