Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
3 people viewing

wickedjr89, ihatemandatoryregister

There are also 1 guests viewing too.

Latest Site News

Nysha's New Creators for November - posted on 1st Dec 2017 at 9:00 AM
Replies: 11170 (Who?), Viewed: 241840 times.
Page 447 of 447
Field Researcher
#11151 Old Today at 3:14 AM
My extinct is to say megahood, but I don't think there's an official term. Both should be correct.

Anyway, I was wondering. Know how TS3 uses TS2 for all the tv spots? And how it looks gorgeous? Would it be impossible to extract those files and make them available for TS2?

"This is subtracting from my arts and crafts time."
Also known as Kelyns but you can call me KB.
Bored? Read the legacy I'll probably never finish.
#11152 Old Today at 3:33 AM
I'd call it a megahood. Uberhood, I think, would contain all the Maxis neighbourhoods.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur.

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Scholar
#11153 Old Today at 6:32 AM
Thank you

I ended up having an issue with something (bookcases as it turns out) in my downloads folder not letting me load the game. I tracked it down and everything else is fine, but in my working on getting the game running, figuring it all out what I had to do...I went into maxis Strangetown. I plan on deleting all the maxis hoods and putting in Tarlia's, the ones I mentioned, and all the stealth hoods from Tarlia. I'll keep backups of everything just in case but since I went into Strangetown already (and the specter household to make sure there weren't boxy shadows) will it be ok for me to delete the maxis hoods, put in tarlia's, including the stealth hoods and have it be tarlia's? Or did I mess it up somehow?
Instructor
#11154 Old Today at 6:38 AM
I'm just looking at the Simlogical Prison System and wondering:

1) Is it as complicated as it looks?
2) It says a Sim will be summoned to the lot by a prisoner token, and will return home when their sentence is served. What if a Sim is the only member of their household? Does the lot stay as it was when they left, ready for them to go back to, or do they become homeless on release?
3) Do they get fired for not showing up to work while in prison?

I'm wondering if it might be easier just to move them to a 'cell' and name them on all visitor controllers. I wasn't planning on playing a prison, but the violent behaviour of Opal Contrary and General Buzz cannot go unpunished!
Needs Coffee
staff: moderator
#11155 Old Today at 9:01 AM
I found it difficult to run in that I could never seem to get the area controllers correct. I doubt I would use those again.

The house will stay, they are not technically moved into the prison, the other house remains their home residence.

They could, you would want to place down the institution sign to stop that.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#11156 Old Today at 9:25 AM
The only part of the prison system that I use is the prisoner tag that goes into the prisoner's inventory - it looks like a CD. That, plus visitor controller, keeps playables from showing up on lots as walkbys, and I use it for any sim that has some reason to be unable to wander my town. I found the doors and controllers frustrating.

When I have a playable prison, I use a teleporter to summon prisoners to the lot and then move them in with the teleporter cat. They have cells and a common area for prisoners, and the access to that area is locked with only one guard able to use the door. The prison lot is a residence with the guards living on the lot in a separate area. One of the guards prepares food for the prisoners, and they either eat in the common area or I drag the plates into their cells. Prisoners live on that lot for however many rotations their sentence lasts, then go home. I play the prisoner's household as well during the rotations, so all the sims age, experience the separation, and relationships may decay. In one 'hood, I used the institution sign to stop the carpool from coming, and in another prisoners were prevented from going to work and got fired - I haven't decided which I prefer. I haven't had a prisoner who was the only resident of a household yet, but if I did I'd probably move a placeholder sim into the lot until the prisoner's sentence ended - I'd just move in a townie and then turn them back into a townie when my sim moved back home.
Needs Coffee
#11157 Old Today at 11:10 AM
The institution sign and prisoner tag are worth having even if you don't run a prison, they are two of my most used mods. You can keep ill sims at hospital or at home instead of showing up on community lots, give a sim a day off work or school for illness or to run a business. You do need a placeholder with the transport mirror which I use in preference to the cat for hospital patients or day care kids.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#11158 Old Today at 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantomknight
My extinct is to say megahood, but I don't think there's an official term. Both should be correct.

Anyway, I was wondering. Know how TS3 uses TS2 for all the tv spots? And how it looks gorgeous? Would it be impossible to extract those files and make them available for TS2?

Do you mean the videos on Sims 3's TV's which were recorded in Sims 2? I'm sure you could do it, but I have no clue as to if the video format was ever cracked so you could convert it to something more usable, such as an AVI. You could technically record the videos as they play using something like Bandicam or whatever else an then use online-convert to convert them to a Sims 2-compatible AVI file. Here's the excellent tutorial which @lientebollemeis made a while back (Thanks a bunch!)

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=440190

Though I will say this:

Sims 2 can actually take high resolution videos, but I suggest staying at 512x512 since that's much clearer than the 128x128 she had mentioned in the tutorial, though on that same note the game will take slightly longer to load and project the AVI onto the TV so 128x128 might be ideal for you. Oh, and do NOT go over 1 minute since the video ends up freezing past that amount, yet the audio will still play.

Sorry for such a long-winded response. Just wanted to chip in and help a fellow member out!
Mad Poster
#11159 Old Today at 4:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedjr89
Thank you

I ended up having an issue with something (bookcases as it turns out) in my downloads folder not letting me load the game. I tracked it down and everything else is fine, but in my working on getting the game running, figuring it all out what I had to do...I went into maxis Strangetown. I plan on deleting all the maxis hoods and putting in Tarlia's, the ones I mentioned, and all the stealth hoods from Tarlia. I'll keep backups of everything just in case but since I went into Strangetown already (and the specter household to make sure there weren't boxy shadows) will it be ok for me to delete the maxis hoods, put in tarlia's, including the stealth hoods and have it be tarlia's? Or did I mess it up somehow?

No, you're fine. Neighborhoods can be deleted wholesale without hurting anything, as each is a self-contained entity. It's moving between these self-contained entities that causes problems.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#11160 Old Today at 4:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peni Griffin
No, you're fine. Neighborhoods can be deleted wholesale without hurting anything, as each is a self-contained entity. It's moving between these self-contained entities that causes problems.

Thank you I saw something that said it makes the stealth hoods for each neighborhood when it's doing "creating pets, creating hobbies, creating magic" thing upon loading the hood for the first time..

Glad to know I didn't mess it up
Mad Poster
#11161 Old Today at 5:01 PM
What Peni said-but I'd add this: keep back up copies of the original neighborhoods somewhere safe, when you do use empty templates, because by using them, they will replace those.
Just in case you ever want to go back and actually play the originals without problems, in all their glory.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Scholar
#11162 Old Today at 5:15 PM Last edited by wickedjr89 : Today at 6:44 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FranH
What Peni said-but I'd add this: keep back up copies of the original neighborhoods somewhere safe, when you do use empty templates, because by using them, they will replace those.
Just in case you ever want to go back and actually play the originals without problems, in all their glory.

I'm not going to be using empty templates, just Tarlia's cleaned up templates as I do want to play them in all their glory Just...less corrupted

Edit to avoid double posting: I just noticed since getting SimPE installed that files in my downloads folder has the SimPE icon next to it. I've never seen that before. It's possible I didn't have it fully working before or did I do something wrong this time?
Theorist
#11163 Old Today at 7:13 PM
Mine looks like that - a little different icon maybe (I'm on Win 7) But, I think you're set up OK.
Cheers!
Screenshots

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Time flies like an arrow ~ fruit flies like a banana
Ah, well... there is that
So, do you know the difference between roast beef and pea soup?
Scholar
#11164 Old Today at 7:15 PM
Thank you! I wanted to be sure, I don't think I had everything set up right before when I was on windows 7 (I have a habit of skimming instructions and paying for it later...i've been working on it :D) but i'm on windows 10 now
Now what dammit?
#11165 Old Today at 7:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedjr89
I'm not going to be using empty templates, just Tarlia's cleaned up templates as I do want to play them in all their glory Just...less corrupted

Edit to avoid double posting: I just noticed since getting SimPE installed that files in my downloads folder has the SimPE icon next to it. I've never seen that before. It's possible I didn't have it fully working before or did I do something wrong this time?

It might be you didn't have the installable version before. Because I use that, there's no SimPE icon on my package files.

Polgannon: Who Murdered Blaise Penhaligan?
(3rd ed. neighbourhood now available with corrections). Poll: http://strawpoll.me/6689876

Polls: length of neighbourhood play: http://www.strawpoll.me/10908815 & http://www.strawpoll.me/10908842

Thread for yakking about making TS2 stuff
Lab Assistant
#11166 Old Today at 8:08 PM
i know this might be a stupid question and i don't know how to ask you guys this but i'm just wondering: can you move more then 8 sims in a house?!?! (other then the cheatcode called:boolprop testingcheatsenabled true since this cheatcode makes everything a bit easier)

to make it short could you move more then 8 sims in a house without using the cheatcode i already said from above?

i don't know how else i can ask you guys this out without confussing the hell out but i'm just wondering that's all!
Field Researcher
#11167 Old Today at 8:11 PM
i havent seen any mods to move in more than 8 sims however if you have multiple children you can have more than 8 in a house

I may be life dumb but i'm sim smart.
I am apparently the leader of a Susan wainwright thread;new members are appreciated
i want to start creating but not sure what to create...
#11168 Old Today at 8:14 PM
There's a couple versions of a mod for this, such as Cyjon's (http://cyjon.net/node/141) or BoilingOil's (http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=2139).

You also need to edit your UserStartup.cheat file to be able to add more Sims from the neighbourhood. There's instructions in the Cyjon link.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur.

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Scholar
#11169 Old Today at 9:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxon
It might be you didn't have the installable version before. Because I use that, there's no SimPE icon on my package files.

I couldn't get SimPE to show me stuff before (like sims info) but finally googling and found a way to install it and it appears to be working. I guess before I had the non installable version working and this time I forgot how to make it work and found the installable version and got it working for some reason I find that amusing. I guess it's fine either way though?
Needs Coffee
#11170 Old Today at 10:36 PM
@sailorleontine6 there are a few mods around for larger families. ihate linked to two of them but there is also one on MTS and I have one that combines larger households with 2 day pregnancy.

~Call me Jo~
Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space- Bark!
staff: retired moderator
#11171 Old Today at 10:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxon

If you right click a package file, Open With>Choose Default Program and select SimPE, it'll give you the icon and also open package files with SimPE when you double click them (may vary slightly depending on your OS and how you have your computer settings).
Page 447 of 447