Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
3 people viewing

lrecord

There are also 2 guests viewing too.

Latest Site News

Wanderlust, a new Sims 2 building contest - posted on 3rd Feb 2018 at 3:19 AM
Replies: 12417 (Who?), Viewed: 266737 times.
Page 497 of 497
Needs Coffee
staff: moderator
#12401 Old Today at 2:52 AM
Mine uses the outdoor table, it depends on what your apartment has available I guess.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#12402 Old Today at 2:53 AM
Oh!..So they see tables as valid surfaces. Great. thanks

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)
just a girl
#12403 Old Today at 3:23 AM
Might also depend on door settings. I'm often confused with them, so I wouldn't know what is the right one. When I touch them either whole building is walking there like home or it's locked even for invited guests.
Mad Poster
#12404 Old Today at 3:26 AM
Yes, doors in apartment can get confusing. I do not know how I do, but only the landlord is allowed in at all times. She just won't come in for nothing.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)
Scholar
#12405 Old Today at 3:27 AM
How come some ghosts don't go into houses (Darleen Dreamer, all of the Goth ghosts, a few Specter ghosts) whereas others (Michael Bachelor) do?
Needs Coffee
staff: moderator
#12406 Old Today at 3:29 AM
Do you have stairs or did you sell a ghosts bed? Sell their bed and they will be so mad they will go anywhere to get your sim.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#12407 Old Today at 3:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joandsarah77
Do you have stairs or did you sell a ghosts bed? Sell their bed and they will be so mad they will go anywhere to get your sim.

Well, the Specter house has stairs, yet only a few go into the house. Luc Smith / Willow Nigmos stay outside, for example, along with (I think) Earl. E. DeMise. I think the drowned ghosts are meant to stay outside and aren't meant to be inside so that's probably why, though I'm curious on whether or not the ghost flags found in SimPE have anything to do with this weirdness.

now that i think of it, Michael might be traveling throughout the whole house because Dina is in love with Mortimer now. That, and obviously the Goth ghosts probably all died at the same time and they have nothing to be mad about so they keep to themselves outside.
just a girl
#12408 Old Today at 3:37 AM
I noticed, ghosts only use stairs if they have something specific in mind. Like if they decide to scare a sim right before that sim went upstairs, they will follow. They also will go up to cheer at their favorite object (their bed).
Scholar
#12409 Old Today at 3:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamare
I noticed, ghosts only use stairs if they have something specific in mind. Like if they decide to scare a sim right before that sim went upstairs, they will follow. They also will go up to cheer at their favorite object (their bed).

You know, for the 4 years I've played the PC version of the game, I have never seen any of my ghosts cheer (or get mad about) their bed. haha I know it's a thing as I've seen it in videos on YouTube, though I just have never seen it "in action", so to speak.
just a girl
#12410 Old Today at 3:45 AM
How many of those ghosts were premade? That would explain it because premades probably have never been played, and even if they have been played a little, they might have not owned any beds. (I don't know where to put commas in that sentence.)
Scholar
#12411 Old Today at 3:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamare
How many of those ghosts were premade? That would explain it because premades probably have never been played, and even if they have been played a little, they might have not owned any beds. (I don't know where to put commas in that sentence.)

Oh, jeez. i think there are maybe 15-20 ghosts alone in one house (Specter house, in Strangetown. Don't resurrect or mess with them since they are VERY screwed up), and then in Plasantview there's the Goth ghosts (5 of them) and then Michael and Darleen, so 7 in PV. Can't remember the amount in VV.
Forum Resident
#12412 Old Today at 3:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frogz2007
Oh, jeez. i think there are maybe 15-20 ghosts alone in one house (Specter house, in Strangetown. Don't resurrect or mess with them since they are VERY screwed up), and then in Plasantview there's the Goth ghosts (5 of them) and then Michael and Darleen, so 7 in PV. Can't remember the amount in VV.

So...they are all premade. That was the question.

It's possible that premade deceased Sims never were alive, or weren't alive long enough to remember what their bed is so they don't get the cheering/anger caused by the presence or absence of that bed.
Scholar
#12413 Old Today at 4:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphalesion
So...they are all premade. That was the question.

It's possible that premade deceased Sims never were alive, or weren't alive long enough to remember what their bed is so they don't get the cheering/anger caused by the presence or absence of that bed.

I think the completely random ghosts in Olive's yard were either townies or NPC's. I think Maxis quite literally called each service and killed whichever one the game chose. I know Danielle Greaves was a pizza delivery woman and there are typically 3 in every neighborhood; in Strangetown there are only 2, so obviously she was in the NPC pool at one point.

Here's what I think (all speculation):

Townies:
Melissa Sims
Vicki Sims
Patrick Jones

NPC's:
Seth Zaidi
Brenda Zaidi
Benjamin Cho
Knut Futa - isn't in the yard, though Olive remembers his death
Danielle Greaves

If it says much, a Social Worker outfit can be found in the wardrobes on the lot.. Makes you wonder if there was supposed to be a Social Worker ghost.
Theorist
#12414 Old Today at 4:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frogz2007
Oh, jeez. i think there are maybe 15-20 ghosts alone in one house (Specter house, in Strangetown. Don't resurrect or mess with them since they are VERY screwed up)

Isn't it safe to resurrect ghosts if you're using the cleaned/fixed templates rather than the shipped versions of those hoods?
Scholar
#12415 Old Today at 4:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosawyn
Isn't it safe to resurrect ghosts if you're using the cleaned/fixed templates rather than the shipped versions of those hoods?

Tarlia fixed their age flags and such, but a few (Creon Nigmos, Willow Nigmos, Melissa Sims, Luc Smith, Lyla Grunt) still have their corrupted faces. In the past I have resurrected Lyla and went into her character file and replaced her facial structure with face #2 (looks almost the same as the original) so she could safely have kids without the risk of them looking screwed up.

It's easy enough to recreate all of the ghosts since they all pretty much use CAS faces. You'll have to get clever with Willow and Creon though. I have created Elders with a random face, dressed them up so they wear the same clothes as the originals, and then swapped the face structure with face #2, and they looked pretty much 1:1 to the originals.
Field Researcher
#12416 Old Today at 4:23 AM
To weigh in on the original ghost question--from the legacies I've read, and from my own experience with older sim houses, ghosts tend to "learn," if you will. So when they haven't been dead long, they will usually stay outside, not cross water or climb stairs, and generally leave your sims alone (provided they died happily). The longer they've been dead, the more they begin to explore their environment, so you will notice them climbing stairs, crossing water, and scaring sims eventually if you play the lot long enough.

If you are trying to increase ghost scares, I highly recommend the Pushy Scares part of this hack: http://www.cyjon.net/node/188

It seems ghosts were originally supposed to be able to scare sleeping sims but the action times out before the sim wakes up without this mod.

http://kahonseecity.livejournal.com/ < - New Prosperity Challenge. Last update: 6/9/14
just a girl
#12417 Old Today at 4:42 AM
frogz2007, kill off some living sims and you'll see the cheering and the anger. Ghost should have some life experience and family history to be more interesting.
Theorist
#12418 Old Today at 5:17 AM
My sims are laughing at nothing. I loaded up a hood I haven't played in months and loaded up a lot I've barely played at all, and noticed right away that they were laughing as if there was a sim doing the "goofy" dance, even though no one was dancing. I asked all visitors to leave, and even though they left it didn't help. I turned off the stereo and that didn't help. I told the Sim Blender to clear off all non-residents twice, but that didn't help either. I played the lot for a little less than 24 sim hours and observed that the sims will do this animation in every room of the house. It's really annoying because it's getting in the way of everything else I tell them to do! Any suggestions on how to get them to stop?
Page 497 of 497