Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Mar 2016 at 10:16 AM Last edited by MoogleMog : 8th Mar 2016 at 10:23 AM. Reason: Added URL
Using the same kingdom for different Ambitions
This has probably been asked a bunch already, so I apologize in advance.

I find the need to create a new kingdom for every Ambition a bit ridiculous, and would love a method to preserve my New Beginnings kingdom throughout all the other Ambitions in the game. I did find a method on the EA forums, but I don't think it will work for me seeing as I've already spent all my QP and completed the first Ambition.

Is there another method that will allow me to preserve my kingdom, or a way to make this method work for me?

Thanks in advance!

Original method: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/5516778.page
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 8th Mar 2016 at 3:14 PM
This method will not start you back at the same kingdom with ONLY the Throne Room, since you have probably already created most if not all of your hero sims. I do not know what the situation is in your game concerning the hero sims' creations. But what kingdom that you have now, will be the kingdom you will have if you use the save in another ambition, so it is not very likely that reusing the same kingdom at such a late stage as yours seems to be in, will be successful. However, I will give you a method that can be done and you can test for yourself what the outcome will be. At such a late stage, the sims you have already created, will show up as created in every ambition you use the same save for.

Making a kingdom, is more than half the fun of the game in my opinion. Someone once said: "I SIM, therefore I decorate"

And to someone else who wanted about the same thing as you want I said:

"The same old room every game turns into becoming the same old game every time the same old room looks like the same old room.
But the same old room, when newly decorated in new styles and fashions becomes a new room, and the game is therefore also made new...where new experiences and adventures await the Adventurer...
I really love shopping too, and I never buy old junk, but new stuff!"

http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...726#post4441726

Here below is the method you can try:

You will need to add more quest points to your kingdom using the command prompt, and have Testing Cheats enabled. There is are a few things you have to do before you can add these quest points.

Here below are a couple of links which will explain what to do if you do not already have Testingcheatsenabled, and if you do not have your game set up to accept mods.

To make Testingcheatsenabled in your game do as this page informs:

http://www.modthesims.info/showpost...235&postcount=3

To make it so your game will accept mods follow the instructions on this page below:

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=438344

When you have made Testing cheats enabled for your game (first link) then you must type on your keyboard while in game mode Ctrl+Shift+C, which brings up on-screen the command prompt for the game.

Then type into the command prompt this message without the quotes "SetQP 2" Then press the ENTER key on your keyboard. That's it. You will then need to copy the save with the new QP you added to another location from your Documents folder, and reuse the kingdom just as you read on the other link.

So you know, the number 2 I added to SetQP command was a random number, you can put whatever number you choose to achieve what you want.

Xeny

Quote:
Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Mar 2016 at 4:07 PM
Thank you very much for your response, Xeny.

I followed all the steps you provided, including enabling TestingCheats and setting up the game to accept mods. After transferring my castle save, I opened the "new" savegame under Imperial Domination and found that I'm still listed as having unlimited quest points and still have Free Time and Brave New World unlocked. Now, I've never actually tried another Ambition yet, so is there a way to tell if I have successfully accessed the new Ambition with my old save? (The Ambition menu does display the correct information for Imperial Domination.) I'm not even sure how the annexing feature works/how to do it, either.

The only problem I foresee with having unlimited QP is that I don't think I'll be able to finish the new Ambition, on account of not being able to deplete my QP to zero.

Cheers.
Scholar
#4 Old 8th Mar 2016 at 8:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MoogleMog
Thank you very much for your response, Xeny.

I followed all the steps you provided, including enabling TestingCheats and setting up the game to accept mods. After transferring my castle save, I opened the "new" savegame under Imperial Domination and found that I'm still listed as having unlimited quest points and still have Free Time and Brave New World unlocked. Now, I've never actually tried another Ambition yet, so is there a way to tell if I have successfully accessed the new Ambition with my old save? (The Ambition menu does display the correct information for Imperial Domination.) I'm not even sure how the annexing feature works/how to do it, either.

The only problem I foresee with having unlimited QP is that I don't think I'll be able to finish the new Ambition, on account of not being able to deplete my QP to zero.

Cheers.

You may find these 2 threads useful for what you're trying to do.

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=516452

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=487567

Did the SetQP cheat Xeny mentioned above not work? Or did it work till you reloaded it as the new kingdom?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Mar 2016 at 5:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ChickieTeeta
You may find these 2 threads useful for what you're trying to do.

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=516452

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=487567

Did the SetQP cheat Xeny mentioned above not work? Or did it work till you reloaded it as the new kingdom?
'

It didn't seem to do anything. After I used it on the New Beginnings kingdom, I checked the quest book and it still told me I had unlimited QP. I went ahead and transferred the worldcastle file anyways and it still said I had unlimited QP in a fresh Imperial Domination ambition.

How exactly do you annex territories? If I can still annex territories, it may not matter that I still have unlimited QP as I should be able to complete the ambition when I obtain the highest rating.(?)

Also, I looked over both of those threads, and should probably mention that I would like to keep all the Sims from my kingdom. Which, incidentally, is working perfectly fine. All my Heroes and the other Sims in my kingdom appear perfectly fine.
Scholar
#6 Old 9th Mar 2016 at 7:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MoogleMog
'

It didn't seem to do anything. After I used it on the New Beginnings kingdom, I checked the quest book and it still told me I had unlimited QP. I went ahead and transferred the worldcastle file anyways and it still said I had unlimited QP in a fresh Imperial Domination ambition.

How exactly do you annex territories? If I can still annex territories, it may not matter that I still have unlimited QP as I should be able to complete the ambition when I obtain the highest rating.(?)

Also, I looked over both of those threads, and should probably mention that I would like to keep all the Sims from my kingdom. Which, incidentally, is working perfectly fine. All my Heroes and the other Sims in my kingdom appear perfectly fine.

The nhd saves the kingdom information so all buildings and sims, and I think, as far as I can recall resource points etc.
Using the fresh data files from a new kingdom in the ambition you want to play will give you the new ambition and it's associated amount of quest points.

You need to start a second ambition of the one you want to play. Save it and use a copy of the freshly made 1a5tf1l3.dat file and the meta.data file instead of the ones you have just now.
This means you can start the old kingdom in the new ambition with all the quest points for that ambition available without the need for cheats.
Same for any other ambition you want to play with the old kingdom. All you need are fresh copies of the 1a5tf1l3.dat file and the meta.data file from the ambition you want to play in plus your old nhd file.

Annexing territories is done through quests. On the territory map there's a red circle by the territory name in the info panel, click that to ally with the territory and do the associated quest to annex them.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 11th Mar 2016 at 3:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ChickieTeeta
The nhd saves the kingdom information so all buildings and sims, and I think, as far as I can recall resource points etc.
Using the fresh data files from a new kingdom in the ambition you want to play will give you the new ambition and it's associated amount of quest points.

You need to start a second ambition of the one you want to play. Save it and use a copy of the freshly made 1a5tf1l3.dat file and the meta.data file instead of the ones you have just now.
This means you can start the old kingdom in the new ambition with all the quest points for that ambition available without the need for cheats.
Same for any other ambition you want to play with the old kingdom. All you need are fresh copies of the 1a5tf1l3.dat file and the meta.data file from the ambition you want to play in plus your old nhd file.

Annexing territories is done through quests. On the territory map there's a red circle by the territory name in the info panel, click that to ally with the territory and do the associated quest to annex them.

I'm pretty sure I only copied over the worldcastle file, but I'll try again and report back.