Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Jul 2015 at 4:37 PM
Sims 3 - Inside Out Challenge (Adaptation)
Sims 3 - Inside Out Challenge Adaptation
This challennge was originally made for Sims 4 but it was requested that I do a sims 3 adaptation, so, here it is. If I have anything here that is wrong for sims 3 gameplay, please let me know!
I saw inside out just recently and I LOVED that movie to absolute pieces. I've been wanting to do a movie based challenge and when I saw that I thought that I just HAD to make it Inside Out. This challenge took me two days to even THINK of because an inside out based challenge doesn't really make much sense. If you haven't seen the movie but plan to, PLEASE, STOP LOOKING AT THIS! STOP LOOKING STUFF UP FOR IT! It's best to go into with no idea of what it is and no expectations. So go to the theater now! To those who have seen it and love it as much as I do, let's get into this challenge! It's made for the sims 3 (base game compatable)and I have a sims 4 version here: http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...d=1#post4830873 I cannot make a sims 2 or 1 version as I have never played those games and don't understand them enough. Feel free to do it yourself tho as long as you link back to me!

~~~Basic Overview~~~
The five emotions are in charge of raising either one baby (Riley) or as many as you like (depending on your mods. I put this option in for a more difficult challenge). Basically, we as the viewer can't play with the baby/babies unless making them friendships or relationships with sims outside of our household. The baby (from here on I'll just pretned you're playing with one baby but it's the same rules if you have more) can't do anything for herself: cook, clean, do homework, fix broken things, or level up skills unless done autonomously. It's the emotions jobs to help her get through life cooking/cleaning for her and making money to help build up their home (that is based on the "world" of Riley's mind inside the movie). Here's the part that makes it a bit more difficult tho, the emotions can only help Riley when they feel an appicable need (to be explained later).

~~~The House~~~
The house starts out with only the basics of life that I'm about to list. Each room is based off part of Riley's mind.
The Emotions' Room: Head quarters. Should have five desks (in which you would later add controls, or a computer), and three of the lowest level twin beds. Should be on a higher story than the rest of the house.
The Baby/Babies Rooms: Dream Productions. The room should feature lots of decorations to start, and the baby bassinets. It is up to the player to earn enough money for beds and toys.
The Kitchen: Train of Thought (I'm not sure why). This kitchen contains a fridge. Just a fridge. No chairs, no table, no stove. A fridge.
The Family/Living Room: Imagination Land. The goal is to get a TV and sofa in here but it starts as an empty room with a rug.
Bathroom: The house starts out with one bathroom. You can pick what it has but it only has ONE. It can be a Sink, shower, tub, or toilet. You can of course save up to get the other things you need, or even make more bathrooms, but you start with one thing.

~~~Taking Care of Riley~~~
In order to take care of Riley, the emotions must build up enough money to better furnish their house. Two of the five are aloud to have traditional jobs, and the others (or all five if you like) can make money in whatever other way you'd like.
Riley as a baby: Must be fed, have her diaper changed, and kept socially pleased. Emotions can only do these things for her if they are in one of their appicable need lowered into yellow or red.

Toddler Riley: Must be fed, have her diaper changed, and kept socially pleased. Emotions should also teach Riley one skill at this stage (talking, walking, or potty training, whatever works for you). They may teach her more than one but one is manditory. Emotions can only do these things for her if they are in one of their appicable need lowered into yellow or red.

Child Riley: Must do her homework to get and maintain and A, must level up in skills (the emotions help by buying her things to do this on), must be fed meals that someone cooked, and must live in a clean house but not clean it herself. Mus have a minimum of one friend, and ever friend she wants must first become friends with Joy. Emotions can only do these things for her if they are in one of their appicable need lowered into yellow or red.

Teen Riley: Same as child Riley bur instead of a friend, she should aim to have a romantic relationship. Whomever she wants to date must become friends with Discust first. Emotions can only do these things for her if they are in one of their appicable need lowered into yellow or red.

YA Riley: Same as teen but should be aiming towards getting married. She should also be trying to move out. Once the emotions have 7k, they can send her on her way with the money (just cheat it out of household). Emotions can only do these things for her if they are in one of their appicable need lowered into yellow or red.
Optional: It would be helpful if Riley had the slob trait. Her traits should all be randomized but if you want to give her slob then that's fine.
Note: Riley is not permitted to get a job in the house.

~~~The Emotions~~~
Each emotion has a set of three traits they must have, the other two can be whatever you want. Randomise them for a harder challenge. Their appicable mood states are listed here too. The moods' sims can be named or look like whatever you want.

Anger Traits: Hot-headed, Mean, Grumpy
Anger Need: Hunger

Discust Traits: Snob, Neat, No sense of humor
Moods: Hygiene

Fear Traits: Over-Emotional, Coward, Technophobe
Need: Blatter

Joy Traits: Good, Excitable, Friendly
Need: Fun (contrary to other sims, this must be maxed out, not in the yellow or red)

Sadness Traits: Loner, Absent Minded (because she sucked at listening to joy in the movie), Over-Emotional
Need: Social

All Emotion's Needs: Must have energy in yellow or red

I tried to do things here that made sense with the moods. If sadness is lonely, she does her job. She doesn't work with Riley when she's happy because the emotions can't be someone their not. So, say Riley needed to be talked to, and you wanted Anger to do it, well, Anger's hunger must be in the yellow or red AND his energy must be in the yellow or red. Then, he can start helping Riley.

~~~Other things and Specifications~~~
-Things considered helpful towards Riley: cooking for more than just themselves, cleaning more than just their own dishes, anything that directly helps riley (such as changing her diaper)
-If joy's fun is maxed out, and then she starts doing something helpful and it lowers her fun, she can keep doing that thing till her fun goes to red.
-My idea is that it's a struggle for money, so, funds are lowered to $500 once the home is built and babies are adopted.

LEFT OPEN FOR FURTHER QUESTIONS
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 20th Jan 2016 at 9:18 PM
This looks like an interesting challenge that I may try some time, but can I change Coward to Neurotic? I don't like the coward trait since they pass out at the worst possible times (like during a fire) and I feel neurotic is a little more fitting for Fear since for the most part he's just keeping an eye out for trouble, not panicking over every little thing.
Test Subject
#3 Old 23rd Jan 2016 at 5:09 PM
i will try this out !!!
Test Subject
#4 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 4:25 PM
I'm going to try it!!!!
Test Subject
#5 Old 10th Apr 2016 at 5:13 PM
Kinda confusing.