Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Nov 2016 at 2:41 AM
Default Pet Shelter Households
As I see, the games randomly selects a house to be a pet shelter; very often the house itself is lacking any pet-related objects and space to add them, and the family is not pet-friendly enough to run this shelter. So, I wonder whether there is an option to set a particular house in town as pet shelter? Is this option available with some mods?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 13th Nov 2016 at 3:54 AM
EA's pet shelters/neighborhood adoption features are broken. Often a house will be identified and you might see a notice there are pet's available but there are no pets or actions available. If you have Overwatch installed you can disable that feature so the game won't try to run the action. I do not know of any mod that fixes this but can offer up some suggestions that might help you out depending upon how you want to play a shelter scenario.

Calling the adoption service sometimes works for some players and for others has never worked. You can call the service and will be advised the social worker is arriving but she/he never shows up with the pet. A work around for adoption is available in Master Controller. From City Hall or any computer, click on your Sim then: NRaas > Master Controller > Sim > Basic > Adopt Pet. A window comes up with options to adopt a Cat Dog or Horse.

I love the pets and wildlife in the game but even having strays spawn is rare and once they do, they hibernate almost immediately. Settings to see more strays and wildlife are available Retuner. There is more information at the bottom of the this linked page. See: How do I manage Strays and Wildlife?.

There is also a mod available here at MTS More stray pets! Less stray pets by claudiasharon.

I have a sim living above and working in an animal shelter. There is a really nice Pet Shelter available at My Sims Realty or if you prefer there is a working Animal Clinic: Little Village Animal Clinic .

I've also used himawara106's Veterinary Career and placed a Hospital Rabbit Hole Rug in the animal hospital and assigning my sim to work there.

I know you were looking to be able to assign an appropriate shelter but maybe some of these suggestions will help. There are a lot of workarounds but again it depends upon how you want to play with the pets.