Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 9:43 AM
Default Custom worlds?
Would it be possible to somehow make a customized TSM world? I was thinking of EA's CAW but I don't think that would work.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 10:14 AM
I was just asking myself the same question There is an "installed worlds"-folder in the gamefolder. That must mean something, hopefully. I guess CAW is not working for this since the buildings in TSM are premade enhanced versions of rabbit-holes with the option to play them, really.( Or something like that...) Really awesome if someone loooked into this, though!

"The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory. "
Eminence Grise
#3 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 8:41 PM
I'm sure it's POSSIBLE, and I'm sure EA used a modified verion of CAW to make the TSM world (and is planning to make future worlds for it in add-ons).

The hard part will be figuring out the differences in the data needed for a TSM world to function as such. Took a year or so IIRC for anybody to figure out how to do anything with vacation hoods, for instance. Although now that there are methods for that, this might be easier.
Test Subject
#4 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 8:48 PM
yes that would be nice. Like a different world for the different castle interiors would be nice.
Instructor
#5 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 8:58 PM
Hmm, yeah, a world where Sims don't have to walk miles up and down the hills for every simple errand...

"Deep down I'm pretty superficial"

Lab Assistant
#6 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 9:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sayyadina
I was just asking myself the same question There is an "installed worlds"-folder in the gamefolder. That must mean something, hopefully. I guess CAW is not working for this since the buildings in TSM are premade enhanced versions of rabbit-holes with the option to play them, really.( Or something like that...) Really awesome if someone loooked into this, though!

I'm sorry to get off topic here, but I didn't know where else to post this until you mentioned it. I actually discovered yesterday that the buildings aren't even rabbit holes. They're just shells placed around three walls and a floor. I accidentally grabbed one and was able to to move it a few squares forward and back. I thought it was interesting, so I took a pic:

Anyway, back to your regularly scheduled thread.
Test Subject
#7 Old 25th Apr 2011 at 9:49 PM
I just finished my first kingdom and set sail to found another, only to be extremely disappointed that I was building on the same map with Tredony and Crafthole again as my neighbours.

Just how difficult would it have been to include some different political maps and some new neighbour-state names?

Just another atypical stereotype atheist.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 15th May 2011 at 11:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bobi
Just how difficult would it have been to include some different political maps and some new neighbour-state names?

Presumably, a new map will be in the first Expansion Pack...?

(Ancient) Sims 2 stories | Adventurous, Bookworm, Eco-Friendly, Genius, Over-Emotional
Field Researcher
#9 Old 16th May 2011 at 12:38 AM
i sure hope so. i'm getting bored of the same old castle.

I'm cooler than cool! I'm stupid!
Test Subject
#10 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 8:17 AM
I love my kingdom but yes a custom one would be nice. I noticed the installed worlds folder just like sayyadina was talking about. I'm planning on calling customer support about that and asking what that's all about.