Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Oct 2017 at 10:35 PM
Default Changing the prices of original Maxis items and build-mode elements - S3PE, S3OC?
Hi. I've posted in the where to find forum, but after scouring the internets I think the answer to "where to find" is actually "nowhere, sorry". So I'd like to ask for a tip how to make it myself instead. I

I want to do a simple thing: change the prices of some of the game's items that feel like cheating (nice wood flooring for 0$? Nyeh). That's all. Using either software.

I'd appreciate if someone could give me a hand-holding, idiot-friendly, step by step how to do that, because I have failed to find a way myself.

I have tried to use some tutorials, even found one that seems relevant in theory: http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit..._Reorganization but I had no luck with it. First thing that goes wrong is upon clicking at an item in the S3OC with the right mouse button there's no export option at all. I can save it as a .package file that opened in S3PE gives some wildly complicated file, but even trying that the item just doesn't change nor appear in game so clearly I have it wrong
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 21st Oct 2017 at 2:56 PM
Open s3oc. At the top of the page, you should see "File" "Cloning" "Tools" etc.
Click "Cloning"
scroll down to Wall/floor patterns and click that.
Find one of the ones with 0 cost.
On the right side you should see a preview of what it looks like, a catalog description, several other options, and a box with 'Price"
Fix the price, then click "Clone or fix."
You are probably wanting this to be a default replacement so uncheck the renumber internally.
I'm about as new at doing this as you are, but I think that should be it.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#3 Old 22nd Oct 2017 at 11:04 AM
That's indeed probably the more organised way of doing it Basically all you need is the OBJD and OBJK file, so in this case to reduce the file size you want to delete everything except for those two Which you can of course do with S3PE