Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#951 Old 4th Sep 2017 at 5:25 PM Last edited by RoxEllen1965 : 11th Nov 2017 at 9:48 PM. Reason: Removed my signature since it only applies to Sims 2
I meant putting the whole fridge in somebody's inventory without taking any food out of it. Would that work in Sims 4 or would they still be able to get food from it? I know the inventory system has changed a lot since Sims 2. Is there still a family inventory like in Sims 3 that might work better?
Advertisement
Theorist
#952 Old 4th Sep 2017 at 5:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
I meant putting the whole fridge in somebody's inventory without taking any food out of it. Would that work in Sims 4 or would they still be able to get food from it? I know the inventory system has changed a lot since Sims 2. Is there still a family inventory like in Sims 3 that might work better?

You haven't been able to put furniture in a sims inventory since Sims 2. Sims 4 has a family inventory system like 3. I suppose I could try turning the fridge around, or putting something in front of it. Thanks guys.
Field Researcher
#953 Old 4th Sep 2017 at 5:54 PM
If the fridge won't go in a sim's inventory maybe try putting it in the household inventory. I keep my vampire's bar in the household inventory unless I want him to use it. Otherwise, he wastes money autonomously making drinks that are useless to him. He's too fast for me to stop him in time. I guess that's one disadvantage to giving a vampire the ability to run really fast. lol
Theorist
#954 Old 4th Sep 2017 at 5:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rogue_55
I guess that's one disadvantage to giving a vampire the ability to run really fast. lol

I like bat travel, but sometimes that's even worse x.x
"where the f**k is he going now?!"
Field Researcher
#955 Old 4th Sep 2017 at 7:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ShigemiNotoge
I like bat travel, but sometimes that's even worse x.x
"where the f**k is he going now?!"

Yeah, I know. I yell “Dammit Dante!!!!” quite often when he does something I don’t want him to do. lol
It’s really funny when he goes to woohoo with his mortal wife. He runs to the bed and has to wait there for a couple of minutes until she gets there. I decided not to have him turn her. I need at least one sim in the house who can learn to cook and eat all the yummy looking sim foods. The fact that there are so many food options is one of my favorite things in the Sims 4. I would get bored if all I got to see was plasma related sustenance.

So I guess I should also ask a stupid question while I’m here. Why can’t my sim license his song? When I click on the mailbox the option is there, but it’s grayed out so I can’t select it.
Forum Resident
#956 Old 6th Sep 2017 at 1:40 PM
Does someone have a list with all social event rewards? I only find a few incomplete lists online.
Theorist
#957 Old 6th Sep 2017 at 3:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rogue_55
So I guess I should also ask a stupid question while I’m here. Why can’t my sim license his song? When I click on the mailbox the option is there, but it’s grayed out so I can’t select it.

He's not a high enough level with that particular instrument. You can write songs, but can't lisence them until two levels later. Don't ask me why. To be honest, I think songwriting should be a separate skill, as many people can write music for multiple instruments by applying the same principles, or transposing the same song for different instruments. but oh well!
Field Researcher
#958 Old 6th Sep 2017 at 4:58 PM
He's not a high enough level with that particular instrument. You can write songs, but can't lisence them until two levels later. Don't ask me why. To be honest, I think songwriting should be a separate skill, as many people can write music for multiple instruments by applying the same principles, or transposing the same song for different instruments. but oh well!

To me if they can write the bloody song they should be able to license the thing.
Theorist
#959 Old 6th Sep 2017 at 5:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bur1440
To me if they can write the bloody song they should be able to license the thing.

EA logic!
Lab Assistant
#960 Old 7th Sep 2017 at 3:05 PM
Does anybody know in which trimester the amount of children is decided?
Theorist
#961 Old 7th Sep 2017 at 4:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Matryoshkah
Does anybody know in which trimester the amount of children is decided?

In the sims? it can change right up until the minute she gives birth as far as I'm aware. Keep watching the kids network and kids radio for multiples! xD

IRL for fraternal or sororal twins/multiples it's decided at the moment of conception if more than one egg is present and fertilized. For identical twins/multiples it happens a short time later when the zygote may split off and form two (or more) genetically identical children. Failure to split completely results in conjoined twins! :D
Lab Assistant
#962 Old 7th Sep 2017 at 4:21 PM
In the sims? it can change right up until the minute she gives birth as far as I'm aware. Keep watching the kids network and kids radio for multiples! xD

Thank you very much!~
Field Researcher
#963 Old 8th Sep 2017 at 6:05 AM
This is quite possibly both a stupid and odd question, but would it be safe to remove/level the premade lots in Magnolia Promenade (to replace with whatever I decide on) as well as that ghost house in WIndenburg (Von Haunt Estate, I think?)? Neither of them are of use to me - and the Von Haunt thing is just annoying, the few times I've let a sim visit there has been endless spawning of the ghosts - and I could use the lots. Would it damage my game though?
Theorist
#964 Old 8th Sep 2017 at 9:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ryûchan
This is quite possibly both a stupid and odd question, but would it be safe to remove/level the premade lots in Magnolia Promenade (to replace with whatever I decide on) as well as that ghost house in WIndenburg (Von Haunt Estate, I think?)? Neither of them are of use to me - and the Von Haunt thing is just annoying, the few times I've let a sim visit there has been endless spawning of the ghosts - and I could use the lots. Would it damage my game though?

It is absolutely safe (as far as I am aware) do delete all of those lots in favour of building your own. rent the bulldozer and go nuts!
Forum Resident
#965 Old 8th Sep 2017 at 10:43 AM
Does anyone have a mod to silence or turn off the phones completely? I don't want any pop-ups.
Forum Resident
#966 Old 8th Sep 2017 at 1:16 PM Last edited by Weisskreuz : 8th Sep 2017 at 4:39 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Ryûchan

Nope I did all of that too, because the lot is too big for mansions you can't live in.
But I, beforehand, deleted all ghosts with MCCC. So none of them bothered me when I visited the lot afterwards.
I deleted all the shops in MP as well. You're good.

Quote: Originally posted by hiabara
Does anyone have a mod to silence or turn off the phones completely? I don't want any pop-ups.

If you use MCCC, i believe that has an option to turn them off. But, I can't look in game to see it.
Edit: Checked, It's under the Tuner section.
Edit2: AAAAAnd...that was for calls.
I found no texts under, Notification/menu settings.

FOR THE HORDE
Field Researcher
#967 Old 8th Sep 2017 at 1:25 PM Last edited by Ryûchan : 8th Sep 2017 at 5:15 PM.
ShigemiNotoge and Weisskreuz, thank you both for your help (really quick too!). Now I'll go berserk on useless shops and haunted mansions, MOAHAHAHAHAAAAAA! :D

Edit: Darn. The others worked fine to change, I'll put some hours into making more interesting venues for my sims there, but Von Haunt? Wanted to make it a residential lot, but no. In fact I can't change the lot type at all, it is greyed out and says something about "special lot". Has anyone actually succeeded in changing this? Me confused.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#968 Old 8th Sep 2017 at 5:57 PM
They don't want you to be able to change the Von Haunt Estate because it has special programming related to the ghosts that appear. There are ways to make the Lot editable though. I just can't remember what they are right now.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Field Researcher
#969 Old 9th Sep 2017 at 4:53 AM

Thank you. He wrote lyrics while playing the piano. After he leveled up his piano skill he was able to license the song. He is now at skill level 9 in singing, piano, and guitar. I love that sims can sing while playing piano or guitar in the Sims 4.
Test Subject
#970 Old 10th Sep 2017 at 10:22 PM Last edited by jinxibear : 10th Sep 2017 at 10:37 PM.
nvm how... just help me fix it
ok fine. how do I fix the errors then.... not on how I got the darn game. I only mentioned that to make sure it wasn't that :angry:

my sims won't woohoo or try for baby. they'll just sit there right before they get in bed. then the action goes away like it never happened.

my sim parents had twins in which both male and female got preggers. one of the infants disappeared and the other is unclickable in cas or in game. it also won't age and I cant force it to age either.

and my last biggest issue is that my sims pause before and after and sometimes in between actions where it loops. the only way I can fix it for that moment is by turning on testingcheats and right-clicking the sims to debug them.

I use to not have any problems whatsoever. I've tried removing my mods and restarting the game over completely and deleting every single file that I could find on my laptop and reinstalling. I know it isn't my mods or my cc. i'm very cautious about that stuff and even had 'mod conflict detector' to help me. my game just keeps getting more and more buggy.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#971 Old 10th Sep 2017 at 10:32 PM
If you pirated the game then you won't find any help here.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Test Subject
#972 Old 10th Sep 2017 at 10:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
If you pirated the game then you won't find any help here.

see if I ever spend another dime on the game then. I've already bought all the games and stuff packs 3x already tyvm
Theorist
#973 Old 10th Sep 2017 at 11:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jinxibear
I use to not have any problems whatsoever. I've tried removing my mods and restarting the game over completely and deleting every single file that I could find on my laptop and reinstalling. I know it isn't my mods or my cc. i'm very cautious about that stuff and even had 'mod conflict detector' to help me. my game just keeps getting more and more buggy.

Mods might not conflict with each other, but they might be conflicting with what version of the game you have. Always make sure your mods are compatible with your current version. I had similar issues were sims refused to get in bed or sleep, It was several bed/sleep related mods including all beds same energy and comfort, as well as share beds with anyone what had become outdated and needed an update.

>Also your questions would be better posed in the help section.

>>And don't mention piracy. :x
Mad Poster
#974 Old 10th Sep 2017 at 11:19 PM

Better yet, don't pirate.

And this...
Quote: Originally posted by jinxibear
see if I ever spend another dime on the game then. I've already bought all the games and stuff packs 3x already tyvm
leads to this:

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Test Subject
#975 Old 10th Sep 2017 at 11:21 PM
Mods might not conflict with each other, but they might be conflicting with what version of the game you have. Always make sure your mods are compatible with your current version. I had similar issues were sims refused to get in bed or sleep, It was several bed/sleep related mods including all beds same energy and comfort, as well as share beds with anyone what had become outdated and needed an update.

my game is only two updates behind. that shouldn't effect it right? I made sure that they didn't go any higher than what I have.... and I wont. thanks for understanding and your help :lovestruc :lovestruc
Page 39 of 86