Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 8:56 AM
Default Liquid Eyes by Le Carrera
I felt that TSM's default eyes were very unsatisfactory - low quality, bland, dull, and completely lifeless. I found the few other default eye replacements that others have made weren't quite to my liking, either, so I made one of my own.

These will make eyes stand out much more. Eye colour is much more crisp and vivid. Dark colours, in particular, will look a lot better than default. These are meant to be basic, one size fits all - no fake spotlights (I really dislike those), oversized pupils, coloured scleras, etc etc.

Please refer to this thread on how to install mods for TSM and get them working in your game. You will need to delete your cache files in TSM's Documents folder for the new textures to show up in game.

Examples:

Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Liquid Eyes by Le Carrera.zip (12.8 KB, 1130 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 10th Aug 2017 at 11:31 AM
Great to see someone doing things for TSM !

The eyes are very pretty. Maybe a little too big for my liking, but you can have beautiful colors with them indeed !

Thank you
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Aug 2017 at 6:09 PM
They're the same size as the TS3 eyes, since I use them in TS3 as well. In TS3 smaller irises unfortunately cause supernatural Sims with glowing eyes to have an very ugly white ring, and for the life of me I couldn't figure out how to edit the glow effect to fix it. Since that's not an issue with TSM, I could have another go at trying to make a smaller version.
Test Subject
#4 Old 10th Aug 2017 at 11:07 PM
Hmm that may explain why I like TSM eyes more than TS3, actually ! I didn't even think about it before !
If you have the time and will to do so, I would totally be interested in a smaller version of those, they're really nice.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 11th Aug 2017 at 1:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Le Carrera
They're the same size as the TS3 eyes, since I use them in TS3 as well. In TS3 smaller irises unfortunately cause supernatural Sims with glowing eyes to have an very ugly white ring, and for the life of me I couldn't figure out how to edit the glow effect to fix it. Since that's not an issue with TSM, I could have another go at trying to make a smaller version.

Everyone is bigger in TS3, even their eyeballs, that is why most converted clothing, hair, and now eyes do not fit the sims in TSMP&N game. It would be great Le Carrera, if you can re-size your eyes! LOL for TSM sims. I have been rather grossed out by the appearance of my sims' eyes when I have tried some of the mods for eye color, except for one, which are VERY ordinary for a human being, they are symmetrically correct, with the options to make the eye color of choice but sadly only by using the default colors, which are obnoxious, since finding basic colors is a nightmare in the game! The mod I speak of, and am using is Flajko_PureEyesSmallTSMCompat.package.
They are perfect for me simmies!
If you can achieve the resizing of the eyes in your mod, I will be delighted to try it out, and then I will also have a request...will you convert a new default replacement skin for TSMP&N sims that FITS them? It is rather disgusting to see my female sims' necks cracked and overlapping the bottom half of their neck every time I change their outfits, and the splitting of my monarchs legs every time he takes a bath! Then you can start on the clothing....well, we wait on that for another day...

Thank you Le Carrera. We'll be looking forward to your mod update.

Xeny

Quote:
Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 9th Oct 2021 at 4:25 PM
Thank you for the eyes! I love the irises size! In the sims 4 I always make the irises larger as I like them more cartoonish like. This will help make the medievals more like I love to see.