Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Banned
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Oct 2012 at 4:47 AM Last edited by Sims99Fanatic : 3rd Oct 2012 at 1:04 PM.
Default Big Problem with Semi-Transparent Trash Can [Solved]
I had thought I had followed Pixelhate's tutorial to a perfect T, but I guess I was mistaken as there seems to be a very big problem with the transparency I can't seem to solve. It could be a problem with my texture as well as the TXMT. I won't attach the file, instead I'll attach pics and tell you about values of interest in the TXMT.

In Game (Totally Wrong, Item is not showing parts I want)

In Milkshape (Halfway Right, Item shows the parts I want, but the parts that are supposed to be solid are transparent)

The Texture (This is how I want it, transparent parts showing, solid parts remain solid)

Alpha Channel

Values of Interest in the TXMT/TXTR

TXTR is set to DXT3

TXMT Values:

stdMatAlphaBlendMode: blend
stdMatAlphaMultiplier: 1.000000
stdMatAlphaRefValue: 127
stdMatAlphaTestEnabled: 0

Any other values I should add/change? Please help me out here, I'm completely at a loss.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Sockpuppet
#2 Old 2nd Oct 2012 at 5:04 AM
Have you rotated arround the trashcan ingame?
Good possible the blue is at the back, but not visible now due its reversed faves

It seems to miss the texture link(incorrect texture?), wat does a default basegame texture do?
Banned
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Oct 2012 at 5:07 AM Last edited by Sims99Fanatic : 3rd Oct 2012 at 1:02 PM.
Yes, I have and it looks the same all the way around.

Edit, I wasn't looking at it through all possible angles. On one angle the texture shows up but when I turn it back around, it's clear again. How do I get the texture to show up on both sides without having a big empty space?

Edit Again - Problem solved. I won't delete this thread in case someone else ran into the same problem. The problem was with the mesh, I had to have all sides of the glass meshed not just one part, fiddled with the TXMT some (forgot all I did). But the main thing is you must have your mesh meshed all the way around from the inside if you want an open glass container.
Scholar
#4 Old 3rd Oct 2012 at 1:12 PM
Sorry, I'm a little late, I was about to suggest some mesh problem but you seemed to have solved all on your own. Well done !

Understand Material definition-TXMT and customize the look of your objects ! This way

"The longer something exists in this world, the more wear and tear it will have."
Sockpuppet
#5 Old 3rd Oct 2012 at 2:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sims99Fanatic
But the main thing is you must have your mesh meshed all the way around from the inside if you want an open glass container.

You dont have to, there is a setting in the materials that textures both front and back of a face.(i often used it on car glass)
http://simswiki.info/TXMT/Parameters/StdMatCullMode