Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Nov 2012 at 3:51 AM
Default Clone Object TEXTURE issue.
Greetings,

I'm terribly confused as to where to post this. I'm so sorry if I'm out of place.

I have a cloned table with new meshes and textures, It shows up in my game in the right spot, the mesh of the table is correct, but the image of the table is white with 0x1C050000 text all over it. Here's a pic:

Please me! Thanks in advance!

Here's a detailed report of how I made the item. If that helps.

I cloned the Festivalue "HoliDine" Table Large.

I altered the CTSS:
1. Changed the Name & Description Lines.
2. Commit.
3. Save.

I altered the GMDC:
1. In the "..._root_trans_gmdc", I Deleted the "base" model and Imported/Replaced the "table" model with my new mesh
2. Commit.
3. Save.

I altered the OBJD:
1. Registered a new GUID for the "Master" (no number file).
2. Under RAWdata I Clicked on "Decimal" & changed the Price.
3. Clicked on Update MMATs and Commit
4. Registered a new GUID for the remaining 4 files in the Resource List.
5. Commit.
6. Save.

I altered the TXTR: (SEE NOTE @ BOTTOM OF POST)
1. Deleted the "...holidaybellagreen_txtr" from the Resource List.
2. In the "...holidaywedding_txtr", I clicked "add", highlighted "Image 512x256", clicked "build", put 512x512 in the boxes and clicked ok.
3. Highlighted "Image 512x512" and Imported the new texture file.
4. Right Clicked on the image preview and selected "Update all Sizes".
5. In the "...shadow-alpha_txtr", I highlighted "Image 128x128" and Imported the new shadow/texture file.
6. Right Clicked, "Update all Sizes".
7. Commit. Ok.
8. Save.

Then I placed the new package file in my downloads folder and here we are.

*NOTE: I did have trouble with this step originally. The tutorial I used, told me to just click on "build" and enter the 512x512. And then to click on the new size in the list. But entering the new build size would never populate the new image size in the list or change anything to my knowledge. So with a little playing around I figured out the steps I listed above. I started from scratch and redid the whole thing. So those are the only steps I took in the creation of this particular file.

Thank you.
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 20th Nov 2012 at 4:26 AM
The texture is incorrectly linked in your package.

Since you've cloned a table that has no textures, it's slaved to the 2x1 table, you'll have to add it. You posted that you deleted some txtr images, so you may not have the correct boxes ticked in simpe. Cloning this table should have only pulled the shadow texture. You've mentioned you deleted groups then imported the new one, so you have several areas where your naming could be off.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Nov 2012 at 5:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
The texture is incorrectly linked in your package.

Since you've cloned a table that has no textures, it's slaved to the 2x1 table, you'll have to add it. You posted that you deleted some txtr images, so you may not have the correct boxes ticked in simpe. Cloning this table should have only pulled the shadow texture. You've mentioned you deleted groups then imported the new one, so you have several areas where your naming could be off.

figures.

Obvious Newb asks: Can you point me in the direction of an advanced tutorial that would walk me through the task of connecting these textures properly?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th Nov 2012 at 6:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
Tutorials:Understanding_the_Scenegraphwiki should show you how everything links together.

THANK YOU!!!! That did it! I'm so happy. This is my first custom piece. Yay! You're the best HugeLunatic.

PROBLEM SOLVED with two simple changes in the TXTR.

In TXTR:
1. Didn't delete the "...holidaybellagreen_txtr" from the Resource List.
2. Instead of changing the "...holidaywedding_txtr", I did the changes to the "...holidaybellagreen_txtr". I did not touch the "...holidaywedding_txtr" at all.

Thanks again. Thanks a million! :D