Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Jun 2017 at 3:20 AM Last edited by Kunder : 3rd Jun 2017 at 3:35 AM.
Default Organized chaos!
First off, Thank you, Emporer Crat, for inviting me.

Well, I have been "Simming", for two years now.

I have seven, Lenovo T420 Thinkpads with nVidia graphics, and a mid-tower, 6 year old gaming machine with sims loaded on them. Each has there own unique set of Sims/Hoods, etc.

I also have several, multiple TB, external drives. One is 3tb, and is solely, dedicated to Sims 2 backups. I have over a thousand Sims, each with a unique name (I have a "name list" if anyone runs out of ideas for names, I can post in small parts), and over 200 neighborhoods. This includes EA neighborhoods.

With that said....

My favorite hoods:

Smorgia (The Smeach state... Ever eat a Smorgia Smeach?)

Smoogoslavia (Modeled after generic, eastern block, Slavic countries, where "Collectivism" rules)

Simsylvania (Has a working HS, and elementary school. Go SIMBERWOLVES!)

Strangetown, etc. (Of course! I actually like ALL the Maxis Hoods!)

Cydonia (Mars, of course!)

Hope I can say this one.... H*lls But**ole. (I have a complete, and bloated housing and lots bin, chock FULL of run-down, ricketty housing, and folders full of ratty CC, Cars, horses, and, of course... Weaponry, including functioning firearms. All the weaponry, has the ability to kill any Sim instantly). Only unfriendly townies (NOT Mrs Crumplebottom!) are killed, never my own Sims, or Sims that would corrupt the game if killed.

Ottomas Empire. Successfully bred out the Ottomas "Ugly" gene (Thanks to Meadow Thayer, and Goopy GilsCarbo!)

Favorite Sims:

Tom, and Katy Cymovic (Father/Daughter)
SpiWak, an Unit Nzhets (Alien, Mother/Daughter)
Mellissa, and Mark Applegate (Mother/son)
Erika, and Brian Ford (Mother/son)
Earl Pitts
Bob Woods (This is a VERY special Sim!)
Tromsel, and Skoda Kzhyvfonhes (Pron. Sheevonhes) Alien sisters.
Lilith Pleasant (I feel sorry for her )I send her to live with her grandparents (The Oldies), and she always turns out more successful than her sister!

Favorite Families:
The Nesbitts
The Pyxmyxels (Havoc is such a CUTE little girl!)
The Gilberts
The Bowersnotts
The Schaffners
The Sables

Favorite Sims 2 families:

All of them, but I particularly like The Smiths
The Grunts
The Dreamers
The Ottomas'
The Brokes, Aspirs....... most of the others.

Now you know why I titled my thread, "Organized Chaos!"

I will try and post goings on once in a while... Might be fun!

Just in case you're wondering, I'm retired, and rebuild laptops for a living. Specializing in good "Simming" machines.
I have plenty of time for "Simming".

I will edit this post, and upload some pics of my wonderful Simmies!
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 3rd Jun 2017 at 3:55 AM
WOW! Your collection sounds like it would be chaos for most people, but you certain do have yours organized. Sims on SEVEN machines! How crazy--in a good way, of course!

I run my Sims on a six-year-old laptop with 4GB of ram. I've considered adding more ram so that I can multitask, but I'm not sure the added cost is worth it. I call this laptop my SimMachine, because it's mostly used for Sims and late-night Netflix.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Jun 2017 at 4:18 AM Last edited by Kunder : 3rd Jun 2017 at 10:01 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by SIMelissa
WOW! Your collection sounds like it would be chaos for most people, but you certain do have yours organized. Sims on SEVEN machines! How crazy--in a good way, of course!

I run my Sims on a six-year-old laptop with 4GB of ram. I've considered adding more ram so that I can multitask, but I'm not sure the added cost is worth it. I call this laptop my SimMachine, because it's mostly used for Sims and late-night Netflix.
What machine do you have. I'll tell you what works best with Sims.

Oh, It's worth it. Just two more gb/ram, makes a difference, especially if you have on-board, Radeon graphics, or Intel HD3000/4000 Graphics. Sims don't seem to like the HD3000 chipset (Or any OTHER Intel HDxx00 chipsets, for that matter), unless you have at least 6gb/ram. HD4000 is a bit better, but you'll notice hard drive lag, unless you have a 7200rpm/HDD or better.

Other things that help?

The right Graphics rules are the MOST important.
An SSD, or a 7200rpm hard drive!

The difference between a properly loaded, and set up Thinkpad T420, with an i7, or i5 processor, 8+gb/ram, and a 7200rpm HDD, compared to the same computer with 4gb/ram, and a 5400rpm HDD is phenominal. Especially, if you force the game to recognize more than 2gb/Ram.

The extra ram makes a difference because the computer has room to "breathe", as it not only runs the game, but all the tasks, services, etc. it has to deal with in the background.

Here is the program you need, and the tutorial, for making Sims2 recognize more memory:

http://lifasims.livejournal.com/3738.html
Instructor
#4 Old 3rd Jun 2017 at 4:51 AM
You're most welcome Kunder, glad you joined, and I hope you find this group enjoyable ! Ugh! I'm rather jealous of your computer though! I'm playing on an intel 5500 graphics card, so I tend to avoid graphocs intensive meshes.The Ottomas empire sounds HILARIOUS ! Imagine zombie Dora-Or worst! The twins! Makes for a terrible nightmare. Perhaps you could...resurrect them ...

What's going on in your game group here: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdis...546&groupid=906
Check it out ;)
Forum Resident
#5 Old 3rd Jun 2017 at 5:16 AM
I have a Toshiba Satellite A665 (the A665D-6096 version). It had been a good machine. I'm quite happy with it, though it does tend to run hot at times. That's probably because I usually have too many things going at once. I've even been known to have Netflix and Sims open at the same time, though when I do I have one or the other paused and I switch back and forth between the two.

I have my machine set so the Sims should read more than the 2GB of RAM it normally sees, but it still lags at times, big lags during Sims Winters on the rich sims property. I have no idea what Graphic Rules are, but I would guess rule 1 would be Do Not Try to Play Sims 2 when other programs on running. LOL

My machines specs are as follows:
QuadCore 1.7 GHz
ATI Radeon HD 4200 graphics
4 GB RAM
500GB (7200) Hard drive
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 3rd Jun 2017 at 7:49 AM Last edited by Kunder : 3rd Jun 2017 at 8:13 AM.
SIMelissa:
Emperor Crat:

Here's what I want you to do.....
Go HERE.
http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=6882 It's pretty slow. Be patient.

Read through it. You can also do this:
1 Make an account there, ask "celebkiriedhel" for help. She's a whiz with Sims 2 graphic issues.
2 See if you can upload, or Copy/paste your <Name>-config-log file here. I'm getting pretty good at this (not as good as Kiri, though). I'll look and see if I can see an issue.

You'll find it here........ Libraries> Documents> EA Games> The Sims 2> Logs

If the info under,

=== Graphics device info ===
Number: 0
Name (driver): NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT
Name (database): NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT

Looks like the above (except has YOUR video card listed, not mine, of course), it's correct. However, if it looks like THIS.....

Name (database): NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT <NOT FOUND IN DATABASE>

Then you have an issue. It'll need fixing.

We'll proceed when you take a look at those, and get back to me.

ALSO:

What O/S are Y'all running?
Have either of you updated your video drivers?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 3rd Jun 2017 at 9:27 AM Last edited by Kunder : 3rd Jun 2017 at 9:51 AM.
Something else for everyone to consider:

Sims, are one of the few games, that will actually see both cores, in a dual core processor, although, using more physical cores over that, could cause some people issues, although, I've had Sims 2 running fine, on a quad core (four physical cores), Ivy Bridge laptop.

There is debate whether the following works or not, but my experience is (and the way Windows utilizes resources), if a software program will see both cores, this works. There are technical reasons for this.
This is why its recommended that adding both core speeds together, they should add up to be at least 3ghz. for running Sims2.

Open MSConfig. Go to BOOT. Go to ADVANCED OPTIONS. Check NUMBER OF PROCESSORS, Choose ALL of them that are available. Also check MEMORY to the right. You should see ALL your memory there. Click APPLY, then OK. Reboot.
Then GoTo:
Power settings in control panel. click OTHER AVAILABLE POWER PLANS. Choose HIGH PERFORMANCE
Click CHOOSE WHEN TO TURN OFF DISPLAY. Click ADVANCED SETTINGS. In that box, GoTo PROCESSOR POWER MANAGEMENT.
Make sure all four settings are at 100%.
Now, all of your cores are running full speed, full time. If your processor has "turbo", you'll be running at turbo speed, full time.
If you're getting CPU and/or GPU (IF you have nVidia graphics, or dedicated ATI/AMD graphics) temps around 85c, you'll need to find a cooling solution for your laptop. Place four, 2 liter bottle caps under the corners of your laptop, to elevate it a little, and give it room to breathe. You can also get a laptop cooler pad off Ebay, or Wal-Mart. If you do not have vents on the bottom of your laptop, a side vent cooler can be purchased cheaply from Ebay.

Yes, It'll use more battery, BUT, you should notice a difference in how your game runs. You can always reverse the process.

I hope this is a bit of help to someone
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 3rd Jun 2017 at 9:53 AM
DANG! I've hijacked my own thread! :p
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 3rd Jun 2017 at 11:13 AM Last edited by lordtyger9 : 4th Jun 2017 at 6:41 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Kunder
<big snippage>
ALSO:

What O/S are Y'all running?
Have either of you updated your video drivers?

Game version: The Sims 2: Super Collection version 1.2.3 released © 2015 Aspyr Media, Inc.

O/S is OS X 10.11.6
Hardware specs: some of them anyway

This Model is from 2011

Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac12,1
Processor Name: Intel Core i5
Processor Speed: 2.5 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 8 GB

Graphics:
Chipset Model: AMD Radeon HD 6750M
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 512 MB
Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x6741
Revision ID: 0x0000
ROM Revision: 113-C2950H-170
EFI Driver Version: 01.00.544
Displays:
iMac:
Display Type: LCD
Resolution: 1344 x 756
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Built-In: Yes

Video Drivers n the Mac are part of the OS and not updated separately unlike how they are on PCs

My hardware works well, and my game runs many times better with a lot fewer errors since I have implemented the fix for the Mac having a too low of a limit on Open Files.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 4th Jun 2017 at 4:52 AM
Uh oh. I think I have a problem. I have the Not Found in Database issue you mentioned.

Name (driver): ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 Series
Name (database): ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 Series <<NOT FOUND IN DATABASE!>>
(Integrated Chipset)

When I ask my machine to check for an updated driver, it says I have the latest version. My version is 8.723.2.0 with a 2010 date.
However, when I search the Internet, I find references to a 8.970.100.1100 version from 2013 for my 64-bit Windows 7.
So, I'll update my driver and see if the Not Found message goes away and I'll get back to you.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 4th Jun 2017 at 12:12 PM Last edited by Kunder : 4th Jun 2017 at 1:00 PM.
Default SIMelissa
I need to know the following:

Your O/S
Your version of Sims2 (UC, DVD, "other".).

ALSO>> Are the "Smooth Edges" option greyed out in your game?
Can you choose different resolutions in the game? or are you either stuck with only one option, or it's greyed out?

I will also need these lines in bold from that same file, as well as the info above:
For accuracy, please cut/paste.

Name (database): NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT
Vendor: NVIDIA
Chipset: Vendor: 10de, Device: 0402, Board: 034e1043, Chipset: 00a1

Driver: nvd3dum.dll, Version: 21.21.13.4201, GUID: D7B71E3E-4742-11CF-9A63-43231BC2D835
Driver version: 4201
Monitor: \\.\DISPLAY1
Monitor aspect: 1.778597, 16:9
Screen mode: 1366x768x32BPP,60Hz
Texture memory: 3944MB
HW T&L: Fixed function:1 Programmable:3.0
Pixel program: 3.0
Texture stages: 8
AppControlledAA: 1
Forum Resident
#12 Old 5th Jun 2017 at 12:48 AM
Kunder: I think Organized Chaos is a perfect title for this thread. But I think you might want to start a second thread for YOUR game play. ;-)
In that thread, you can tell us what makes Bob Woods so very special and post a picture or two of Havoc -- what a great name!

Here's the rundown on my computer & Sims 2 game:
Toshiba Satellite A665 (In looking through the Internet, there are multiple versions of this model. Mine is the A665D-6096 version with the following specs:
QuadCore 1.7 GHz
4 GB RAM
500GB (7200) Hard drive

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
Sims 2: Double Deluxe on DVD (when it runs it refers to itself as the "Store Edition")
I also have all the expansion and stuff packs, though some are compiled "collections" (ie: Best of Business; Fun With Pets; University Life)
All of my discs were purchased in very good used condition at rock bottom prices. This game has been well worth the money I spent and then some!

As far as greyed out options go, the "smooth edges" and the "screen size" are both operable.
However, the "Refresh rate" is currently greyed out and the box below it is blank. As I recall, previously changing the refresh rate settings did nothing that I could notice.

Here are the graphic details from my config log:
(Integrated Chipset)
Vendor: ATI
Chipset: Vendor: 1002, Device: 9712, Board: fd301179, Chipset: 0000

Driver: aticfx32.dll, Version: 8.17.10.1129, GUID: D7B71EE2-D452-11CF-A076-3ADDBEC2C535
Driver version: 1129
Texture memory: 1272MB

And here is the line that I added to add to my Apartment Life/TSData/Res/Config/Video Cards. sgr file in an attempt to fix the problem:
card 0x9712 "ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 Series"
I also tried the above line without the ATI in the sentence "Mobility Radeon HD 4200 Series" since it already had "vendor "ATI" 0x1002" in the line above it.

So, with this configuration, you think bumping from 4GB memory to 8GB would make a difference in how my computer runs?
The added cost would be about $35 USD (for used on eBay) or $50-65 new (depending on brand). Does new/used or brand type matter?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 5th Jun 2017 at 1:00 AM Last edited by Kunder : 5th Jun 2017 at 1:59 AM.
Default Ottomas Empire
Quote: Originally posted by Emperor Crat
You're most welcome Kunder, glad you joined, and I hope you find this group enjoyable ! Ugh! I'm rather jealous of your computer though! I'm playing on an intel 5500 graphics card, so I tend to avoid graphocs intensive meshes.The Ottomas empire sounds HILARIOUS ! Imagine zombie Dora-Or worst! The twins! Makes for a terrible nightmare. Perhaps you could...resurrect them ...
Actually, Samantha had another son after the twins (Give the twins a tan, and they're not too bad to look at). His name was Grizzly. He didn't have the best hygiene..... And, he tended to be a little "pudgy", with no charisma. A chance meeting with Meadow Thayer, and it was love at first sight! I couldn't believe Meadow would be attracted to the likes of Grizzly Ottomas. Turns out Meadows turn on's, are "Fat" and "Stinky". Her turn offs were "Charisma".
They went to college together, graduated, got married, and bought the house next door to his parents (still living).
I cheated on Dora's age for quite a while. She not only got to see six grandchildren born, she got to see two GREAT grandchildren! Talk about having a platinum aspiration!
After just a bit, I let her go. She's buried in the "Dora Ottomas Memorial Cemetery". Peter and Samantha aren't too far away from the end either. That'll be sad.

I'm not much into resurrecting a dead (Zombie, or otherwise) Sim. Once they're gone, they're gone. Closest I came, was a teenage girl (Tromsel) who pleaded for her fathers life, won a game with the Reaper, and saved his life, in my Cydonia (Mars) hood. I actually killed her father, because he was behaving very badly towards his sister, who lived in the same house (Tromsel's aunt). It got so bad, that I had to move the aunt, and her son, out of the house. He kept going by her new house, and kicking her trash can over.... I had enough.... DEATH BY FLIES! But Tromsel (one of my favorite Sims) started crying (Broke my heart, how sick is that! ), so I gave her the opportunity to save her fathers life. Strangely enough, he quit being mean afterwards. I was able to move the aunt and cousin back into the house.

Then the really weird happened.... Tromsel, and her cousin, found a three bolt attraction for each other! STILL don't know why, so I'm just going to let it be. I used the hood checker, SimPE, the Bat Box, and can find nothing out of order! Idaknow (Shrug).
Martians must be pretty strange.

I've tried killing my Sims, but then the other sims will start wailing, sobbing, and crying.... I just can't do it ! I just let them die naturally.
I have no trouble killing NCP's, townies, or those IRRITATING Mascots in University!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 5th Jun 2017 at 1:30 AM Last edited by Kunder : 5th Jun 2017 at 2:16 AM.
Kunder: I think Organized Chaos is a perfect title for this thread. But I think you might want to start a second thread for YOUR game play. ;-)
In that thread, you can tell us what makes Bob Woods so very special and post a picture or two of Havoc -- what a great name!

Here's the rundown on my computer & Sims 2 game:
Toshiba Satellite A665 (In looking through the Internet, there are multiple versions of this model. Mine is the A665D-6096 version with the following specs:
QuadCore 1.7 GHz
4 GB RAM
500GB (7200) Hard drive

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
Sims 2: Double Deluxe on DVD (when it runs it refers to itself as the "Store Edition")
I also have all the expansion and stuff packs, though some are compiled "collections" (ie: Best of Business; Fun With Pets; University Life)
All of my discs were purchased in very good used condition at rock bottom prices. This game has been well worth the money I spent and then some!

As far as greyed out options go, the "smooth edges" and the "screen size" are both operable.
However, the "Refresh rate" is currently greyed out and the box below it is blank. As I recall, previously changing the refresh rate settings did nothing that I could notice.

Here are the graphic details from my config log:
(Integrated Chipset)
Vendor: ATI
Chipset: Vendor: 1002, Device: 9712, Board: fd301179, Chipset: 0000

Driver: aticfx32.dll, Version: 8.17.10.1129, GUID: D7B71EE2-D452-11CF-A076-3ADDBEC2C535
Driver version: 1129
Texture memory: 1272MB

And here is the line that I added to add to my Apartment Life/TSData/Res/Config/Video Cards. sgr file in an attempt to fix the problem:
card 0x9712 "ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 Series"
I also tried the above line without the ATI in the sentence "Mobility Radeon HD 4200 Series" since it already had "vendor "ATI" 0x1002" in the line above it.

So, with this configuration, you think bumping from 4GB memory to 8GB would make a difference in how my computer runs?
The added cost would be about $35 USD (for used on eBay) or $50-65 new (depending on brand). Does new/used or brand type matter?
Let's wait and get the video sorted out first, then see if it runs any better.

Looks like you may have it configured right, it might be a matter of which EP it's supposed to be installed in. Generally, in PETS, or M&G stuff. I'll find out for you.

You ALSO need to go into the TSData\Res\CSConfig file also, and add the line to that file also.

You have "Double-Deluxe". I asked Kiri on Leefish which EP you need to be placing that file in. Either way, it needs to go into both, the Config folder, AND the CSConfig folder.

Do you have "Mansions and Gardens stuff"? If so, you MIGHT need to place the Video Card.sgr file in the config, and CSConfig folders there, and play the game from that EP. Leefish is very slow, and I have a folder with multiple shortcuts, to get in as quickly as possible. If you'd like Kiri to help you (She's much better at this, than I am). I'm much better with Sims hardware issues than I am with Sims software issues. I know how to write a basic graphics rules, and a proper Video Card.sgr, how to keep it maintained without corruption, getting it loaded, and running properly on nearly any computer configuration, but much past that, I'm still learning.

I can post you a link to a thread. Might take her a few days to answer you though.

Other things that might help? Sims file decrudulator. Mootilda's Hood checker.
If you have mountains of CC, you may want to consider clearing that out some. A large "Downloads' folder, will slow you down too, in a "light" system.

I load all my computers with ram, due to the fact, that on my "Simming" systems, I don't use a Swap File. The whole game loads into memory, and runs VERY fast. The system I'm currently on is an i5 (soon to be i7), 16gb/Ram, and a 1tb/7200RPM HDD. Once the game loads (takes between 20, and 30 seconds) everything is run very quickly in-game. I have the EXACT same setup on another T420, but with 4gb/ram, and it loads much slower, and takes longer to do things in-game.

Just Sayin'
Forum Resident
#15 Old 5th Jun 2017 at 2:49 AM
Thanks, Kunder. It seems to me that you have a great grasp of this stuff. Much more than I will ever have!

My Mansion & Gardens stuff pack came on my Fun With Pets CD. I've always assumed Apartment Life was my latest EP. I'll try adding the info to my CSconfig, too. If that doesn't help, then I'll post a link on Leefish.

I've never heard of the decrudulator. I probably should take a look. Unfortunately, I have a TON of CC. I've whittled it down to 6.3 GB and hope to get it below 6 GB by next weekend. I've never timed it, but I'd estimate that it takes about 20 minutes for my Sims to load.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 5th Jun 2017 at 6:14 PM Last edited by Kunder : 6th Jun 2017 at 9:37 AM.
Thanks, Kunder. It seems to me that you have a great grasp of this stuff. Much more than I will ever have!

My Mansion & Gardens stuff pack came on my Fun With Pets CD. I've always assumed Apartment Life was my latest EP. I'll try adding the info to my CSconfig, too. If that doesn't help, then I'll post a link on Leefish.

I've never heard of the decrudulator. I probably should take a look. Unfortunately, I have a TON of CC. I've whittled it down to 6.3 GB and hope to get it below 6 GB by next weekend. I've never timed it, but I'd estimate that it takes about 20 minutes for my Sims to load.
You're very welcome.

Wow! Mine's only 3.8gb. No wonder you are slow! More ram will help. EVERYthing in the game loads into memory, and what doesn't fit, goes to the swapfile! That's why you need the Decrudulator, keep your disk clean in general, and defrag weekly, or at least monthly. It should not be taking you 20 minutes to load up!

The more memory you have, more CC you'll be able to run, the faster your game will load and run.... Like I said, I run 16gb/ram, and no swap file. Sims 2 is also processor intensive. Probably more so than a lot of other games. I'm assuming you have an AMD processor? Sims 2 actually does run better on Intel processors. This is an observation I made after loading Sims 2 on a Toshiba Satellite D750 AMD A10, with AMD R7 graphics, and an Asus K53e 3rd gen Intel i3 with nVidia graphics. The AMD was a new gen, and only 3 months old. The i3 was 4 years old (both, from last year). Both had 8gb/ram. The i3 walked all over it!

Now, here's the answer.... exactly as I thought. You need to place it in the LATEST expansion pack you have.

In your case, Mansion & Garden stuff is your newest pack. Fix it there. GoTo \Config, and \CSConfig, and alter the files there. backup your original first!

Kunder thanx BoilingOil, over at LEEFISH for this answer!

"Always the last released EP or SP in your install. If you ONLY have the Double Deluxe set, then Celebration Stuff is your last pack, and therefor the one you must edit. But if you have more packs, then you must find the LAST pack from the list below that you have installed, and edit the files in THAT folder.

You then, should play the game through M&G Stuff. The TS2BodyShop, from M&G, is the best version also.

The complete list looks like:

01: BaseGame
02: EP1 "The Sims 2 University"
03: EP2 "The Sims 2 Nightlife"
: HPP "The Sims 2 Holiday Party Pack" (A Stuff Pack)
04: EP3 "The Sims 2 Open for Business"
05: SP1 "The Sims 2 Family Fun" (A Stuff Pack)
06: SP2 "The Sims 2 Glamour Life" (A Stuff Pack)
07: EP4 "The Sims 2 Pets"
: SP3 "The Sims 2 Happy Holiday" (A Stuff Pack)
08: EP5 "The Sims 2 Seasons"
09: SP4 "The Sims 2 Celebration" (A Stuff Pack)
0A: SP5 "The Sims 2 H&M" (A Stuff Pack)
0B: EP6 "The Sims 2 Bon Voyage"
0C: SP6 "The Sims 2 Teen Style" (A Stuff Pack)
0D: Store Edition
0E: EP7 "The Sims 2 Free Time"
0F: SP7 "The Sims 2 Kitchen & Bath Interior Design" (A Stuff Pack)
10: SP8 "The Sims 2 IKEA Home" (A Stuff Pack)
11: EP8 "The Sims 2 Appartment Life"
12: EP9 "The Sims 2 Mansion & Garden Stuff".

You can download Decrudulator here:
http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=7736

I think Mootilda's hood checker is still on this website somewhere.

For everyones benefit..... If you have M&G Stuff, you have the LAST SIMS 2 EP.
Forum Resident
#17 Old 7th Jun 2017 at 1:45 AM
Kunder, in case you didn't see this final post from Kiri in your thread on Leefish regarding compilation packs, such as Double Deluxe:

"I agree with what Boiling Oil has said - a couple of caveats though -
If you're using a graphic rules.sgr video cards.sgr from me you'll know if it's been picked up because you will be able to find the word 'Kiri' in the config-log.txt - if it doesn't have 'kiri' in it, then it's not picking up the changed graphic rules.sgr.
With compilation packs - Double Deluxe, etc - they often need the change in their packs because one of them tends to have a Sims2EP99.exe.
So start with the latest expansion pack, check the graphic rules.sgr and if it hasn't changed then pop it in the compilation pack ones as well."

I put the .sgr info in the EP99 folder and voila, I got rid of the notation about it not being able to find my graphics card!
FYI on my machine, that is in "C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Double Deluxe\EP99\TSData\Res\Config" (and MSConfig).
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 7th Jun 2017 at 9:15 AM
Kunder, in case you didn't see this final post from Kiri in your thread on Leefish regarding compilation packs, such as Double Deluxe:

"I agree with what Boiling Oil has said - a couple of caveats though -
If you're using a graphic rules.sgr video cards.sgr from me you'll know if it's been picked up because you will be able to find the word 'Kiri' in the config-log.txt - if it doesn't have 'kiri' in it, then it's not picking up the changed graphic rules.sgr.
With compilation packs - Double Deluxe, etc - they often need the change in their packs because one of them tends to have a Sims2EP99.exe.
So start with the latest expansion pack, check the graphic rules.sgr and if it hasn't changed then pop it in the compilation pack ones as well."

I put the .sgr info in the EP99 folder and voila, I got rid of the notation about it not being able to find my graphics card!
FYI on my machine, that is in "C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Double Deluxe\EP99\TSData\Res\Config" (and MSConfig).
Awesome! Glad it was sorted out. Kiri's the best!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 21st Sep 2017 at 9:38 PM Last edited by Kunder : 31st Oct 2017 at 4:48 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Emperor Crat
Actually, my Ottomas twins (Hailey, and Bailey), turned out pretty good. Even better with a little makeup, and a tan added. They're married to twin brothers right now, and of the few Sims, I played completely through college, without "cheating" to graduate.

GREAT idea! When I get back to the Ottomas Empire, I'll have to resurrect Dora, as a Zombie! It'll be awhile though, That hood is on my T420, "Dora", and is now 7th in rotation. I'm currently on T420 "Katy", playing "Smorgia", and the downloaded, and improved "Pleasantview" (Thanx Phaenoh!) ATM.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#20 Old 6th Oct 2017 at 11:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kunder
GREAT idea! When I get back to the Ottomas Empire, I'll have to resurrect Dora, as a Zombie!

I definitely need to see pictures of this!
Field Researcher
#21 Old 31st Oct 2017 at 3:03 AM
You must have a good memory, or a good set of notes. If I had Sims on seven machines, I'm afraid no one would ever see me again! I might not come up for air for days.

I had no idea Meadow Thayer had such unusual taste in men, but it's a good thing for the Ottomas family that she did.

Tromsel sounds like a sweet girl (and I love her name). Maybe her father realized that after his death, and is making good use of his second chance.

I would also like to see poor Dora as a zombie.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 31st Oct 2017 at 4:22 PM Last edited by Kunder : 8th Nov 2017 at 2:26 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Cher64
You must have a good memory, or a good set of notes. If I had Sims on seven machines, I'm afraid no one would ever see me again! I might not come up for air for days.

I had no idea Meadow Thayer had such unusual taste in men, but it's a good thing for the Ottomas family that she did.

Tromsel sounds like a sweet girl (and I love her name). Maybe her father realized that after his death, and is making good use of his second chance.

I would also like to see poor Dora as a zombie.
Nah, no notes.... And I suffer from CRS. I fumble around a lot.

Yeah, Meadow is awesome. I stumbled on to her turn ons/offs quite by accident. I had to change her turn on/turn offs, when she got into college, so poor Grizzlie Ottomas could take a shower on a regular basis!

I love Tromsel, and Skoda! They're some of my very favorite Sims.

Took a lot of work to remove the ugly gene.

The girls I used:

Katy Cymovic.
Unit Nzhets.
Quinne Gilbert.
Meadow Thayer.
Malicia, and Havoc Pyxmyxel.
Renegade MacEnnis.
Harley Bowersnott.

The boys I used:

Paul Daniel Gilbert.
Ben, and Mark Foster.
Hamish MacEnnis.
Goopy GilsCarbo.
Isaiah Gavigan.
Valderin Randennhamner.
Julien Cooke.

And three generations!

Meadow, Goopy, Julien, and Isaiah, make beautiful children, that grow into beautiful adults!

And yes.... When I get back to the "Ottomas Empire", I'll "Zombify" Dora, and post a couple pics.

I'm way behind on developing CC, or other neat things for Sims. I put so much time into carefully crafting the genetics (SimPE is a WONDERFUL thing!), personalities, and coming up with fitting names for my Sims, I've neglected developing CC. Oh well, it'll come with time.
It took me a month to get my "Katy" sim "just right".
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 3:53 AM
I'm also retired from sims 2, mainly because my computer broke and it would be impossible to put any of sims 2 on that computer.. I now play sims 3 but only until I can play sims 2 again...