Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 12:06 AM
Default Lots aren't shoing up in launcher
Like the title said, lots aren't showing p in the launcher OR the game. I've read all the helps, researched through other help blogs, searched through the forums here, and haven't found the answer.

So, I downloaded a few lots from Parsimons(sp?) (love the stuff there), the lots are .packaged files, so I put them in the \Mods folder and then created a sub folder \Lots for the houses. Well, it didn't show up in the game, so I checked launcher and they weren't there either. So, I took them out of the sub folder and just let them hang in the \Mods folder. But that didn't work either! Doing the same thing with the \Library and \Downloads folder didn't do the trick either. None of the lots have cc.

All the other .packages and .sims3packs work perfectly. Its only the lots/housing that's not showing up.

I have the .cfg file, updated and all that, my version of the game is 1.67.2.024002, I have all the expansions (It's the sims 3 complete collection).

I don't know what else to do please help, I really love those lots!
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 2:59 AM
Have you tried putting the lots in the Library, and then looking for them in the bin in-game?
Quote: Originally posted by instructions from parsimonious

Houses

Windows - My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Library
Mac - Users\Your User Folder\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Library
When a house contains custom content put the package that starts with the word LIBRARY_ in your Library folder - this is the house file. All other packages go in the Mods\Packages folder.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#3 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 3:38 AM
The Sims 3 Complete Collection? EA never released such a thing. If the OP meant this as a product name, in title caps, not as a general description, then no matter how it was obtained or purchased it is repackaged illegitimate content and not supportable. But yes, it does sound like the Library files are supposed to go into the Library folder and the remaining package files go into Mods\Packages.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 7:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
Have you tried putting the lots in the Library, and then looking for them in the bin in-game?

Yes, no lots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 7:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
The Sims 3 Complete Collection? EA never released such a thing. If the OP meant this as a product name, in title caps, not as a general description, then no matter how it was obtained or purchased it is repackaged illegitimate content and not supportable. But yes, it does sound like the Library files are supposed to go into the Library folder and the remaining package files go into Mods\Packages.

I mean I have all the packages and expansions (took forever to get them), I've seen it called the complete collection when that happens?? anyway, they were in the \Library folder, didn't work. They were in the \Mods\Packages folder, nothing. And they were in the \Downloads folder and still nadda.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 10:01 AM
Maybe I am misinterpreting what you are saying, you are putting the files all in one place or another? I just downloaded a lot from the site in question out of curiosity. I unzipped and got two files. They do not both go in the same place, one goes in the Library folder and the other goes into Mods\Packages as per the instructions. And of course that triggers the need to clear the top level cache files of the user game folder, as that should be done whenever the contents of Mods\Packages changes in any way.

You are certain that, in addition to the above, the content you have downloaded is for TS3? The site carries content for all iterations of the game but there cannot be any crossover between them.
Site Helper
#7 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 12:53 PM
One other thing: Lots that are installed by adding a file into the Library do not show up in the launcher, any more than lots you build in the game and add to the bin do. Don't look for them in the launcher. Look for them in Edit Town in the game.
And yes, if you have gotten one of the lots for something other than Sims 3, all you are doing is adding a lot of lag to your game while it tries to figure out why it can't understand this package file.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 5:57 AM
Maybe I am misinterpreting what you are saying, you are putting the files all in one place or another? I just downloaded a lot from the site in question out of curiosity. I unzipped and got two files. They do not both go in the same place, one goes in the Library folder and the other goes into Mods\Packages as per the instructions. And of course that triggers the need to clear the top level cache files of the user game folder, as that should be done whenever the contents of Mods\Packages changes in any way.

You are certain that, in addition to the above, the content you have downloaded is for TS3? The site carries content for all iterations of the game but there cannot be any crossover between them.

Yeah, it's sims 3, made sure of that at least lol. Also I only got 1 file per lot? I'm going to try and take it out of the subfolder (I've been busy and haven't seen if that will work yet) and see if that will work. if not I'll just delete it and start over, sometimes that helps...
Mad Poster
#9 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 6:08 AM
I think I missed this question in the very beginning, but I'm pretty sure you cannot have subfolders in the Library directory like you can in Mods\Packages as the game won't read subfolders' contents in Library.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 6:21 AM
I think I missed this question in the very beginning, but I'm pretty sure you cannot have subfolders in the Library directory like you can in Mods\Packages as the game won't read subfolders' contents in Library.

THAT WAS IT OOOOHMYGOOOODDDDDD, It's always small things like that!!! Anyway, ty for your help, I went to the launcher for kicks after taking the lots out of the subfolder and boom! there they were!