Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 8:10 AM
Default base game to deluxe edition.
I currently have sims medieval installed through origin. I registered the code from my DVD so I have just the base game. I recently got into the game again and want to buy Pirates and Nobles. On origin the only version I could find is the deluxe edition. But it is listed as a seperate game, not as an expansion because it includes the base game AND P&N.
Does anyone know if I have to uninstall the base game of sims medieval before installing the deluxe edition? And what do I need to do to keep my saved games and completed ambitions?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 21st Nov 2017 at 6:02 PM
Yes you will need to uninstall the base game before installing the deluxe edition. Before you uninstall the game you will want to find you userdata, when you open up your file explorer under the documents area your should have a folder named electronic arts, take this folder and move it to your desktop. Once you have installed deluxe, check your documents area again and delete the new electronics arts folder if there is one, then move the old one back.

Alternatively you could just rename the original electronic arts folder then name it back after you delete the new one. Do not allow the old folder to overwrite the new one.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Nov 2017 at 6:36 AM
Thanks you for the answer. I will make a copy of the documents folder. I don't want to loose my achievements and completed ambitions.