Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#26 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 3:45 PM
i play on win 10 and i can play sims 2 but only in windowed mode and the resolution is stuck at 1024x768 i've tried graphics rule maker and other suggestion but its still on a small windowed screen

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#27 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 5:03 PM
Well i've now upgraded. Had to upgrade rather than fresh because my computer won't read the ups thing or something. Hubby did wipe everything because worried about issues from having stuff downloaded for 7 so I still have to redownload everything and all that happy stuff. Hopefully the upgrade works fine *knocks on wood* so much stuff to do.

My Simblr
He/They
Mad Poster
#28 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 8:24 PM
Let us know how it works out - it will
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#29 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 8:48 PM Last edited by wickedjr89 : 18th Nov 2017 at 11:06 PM.
Thank you. So much to do and only so much energy in a day, I may not do it all in one day but I will let ya know how it works out

We're still having internet issues though :/ but that's another issue

My Simblr
He/They
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 10:31 PM
I still have Windows 8.1 and it works fine with Sims 2, except if I reinstall it I have to update the graphics.

"'Why is Shinji blushing over everything Kaworu does,' you ask? He's gay..... gay gay gay gay gay" -Actual Kaworu
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#31 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 11:43 PM
Well I turned on Sims 2 (after patching as I got the UC and after putting it to windows 7 compatibility mode) and it made me sign into Origin. I never had to do that before, looks like even Sims 2 is no longer safe from Origin. It's not a big deal it's just annoying. I had to turn the game on so that way all the folders in my documents would spawn. The game turned on...looks huge. I'll have to copy/paste folders and do graphic rules still. I did use the 4gb patch so that's done.

My Simblr
He/They
Inventor
#32 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 4:31 AM
I had Sims 2 working fine on both 8.1 and 10. Even my laptop had no problem installing just the base game on hard copies when it was still 8.1, before I got UC. Only issue was mainly related to the graphics, like when black squares appear under Sims' feet and low-texture bodies of water within the neighborhood perspective.

Check out my profile for homes and community lots ready for download: My Homes and Stuff
Mad Poster
#33 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 3:35 PM
Since I don't want to post the same things all over the forum,I have posted a new thread here, @wickedjr89 - http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603256
Page 2 of 2