Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 5:54 AM
Default Using Sims 2 to create game sprites?
Hello everyone :-)
I would love to use my Sims2 and make walkcycle-sprites of my favourite sims for use in another game. Actually I am aiming at a result which should look something like that, apart from the fact that I would love custom Sim-sprites here instead of the little grey fellow:

What would you guys think could be a strategy to make something like this? I was hoping to find something to make Sims actually walk "on the spot" - I thought about doing a video capture of a Sim walking on the sport and then extract the graphics from the video. I have not found a way to make them walk on the spot though :-( Any idea how to make them do that? Or is there a way to find "poses" which could be used as the parts of a walking cycle and then screenshot them pose by pose?

I had done something similar with sims 1 and sim pose in the past but the sims2-people are just so much more beautiful :-D ... and I don't have sims 1 anymore
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 4:39 AM
No idea how you'd go about it, but that's a really cool idea 8D If you want to try the screenshot method, instead of posing them, you could just slow your game down with the cheat so that it's far easier to get a screenshot of each pose you'd like.