Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 12:55 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Super Collection Mac - neighbourhoods not loading & random files being generated in downloads folder
Hi! Hope this is the correct place to post this, I cannot seem to find an answer elsewhere, likely because I don't exactly know how to search for this issue.

So, when I load up the Super Collection, no neighbourhood will load. On the loading screen for any hood, the application just ends up not responding forever until I have to force quit. I've noticed that every time I do this (i.e. try to load a hood), all these randomly named custom content files appear in my Downloads folder. I tested that this was new by deleting them all and trying to load again and seeing that they reappeared. Really strange. It was like over a hundred files created with each loading attempt, all named stuff like "fad2dd77061f82f5653a0fbf7da35aa8_0001.package".

I installed a custom lot prior to this starting up and I feel like that's the culprit. However, it's a sims2pack and for some reason, I can't figure out how to uninstall them or find the relevant files! Does anyone with knowledge of the game/computers know why all these random files are being generated? How do I uninstall this lot to see if it's causing the issue? Any insight is greatly appreciated! Thank you!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 12:44 PM
What did you use to install the Sims2Pack for the lot? Was it the Aspyr installer from Sims 2 Extras, or jfade's Mac UnPac?

I haven't installed any lots since my Windows days (too wary in case they include content from EPs/SPs the Mac doesn't have), but from memory a Sims2Pack for a lot will get put in the Teleport folder. When you then start the game it will move it from there to the lot catalog. It sounds like it's that move that may be going wrong.

Check the Teleport folder and see if it's empty or not. It should be empty if the game has successsfully imported the custom lot. If there are still files there, then the game is probably trying to do something with them every time you start it up. If that's the case it might be worth moving them somewhere outside your Sims 2 folder and seeing if the game starts up without them there.