Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th May 2018 at 5:16 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Is it safe to delete lots from the lots bin?
I tried looking this up but found no answers.
Basically, if I were to select a lot from the lot bin, and then press the in-game delete button, will it result in only the lot package being deleted, AKA corrupting the neighbourhood? I installed a downloaded (uninhabited) apartment but forgot it won't go in the Downloads folder and installed it again to "be certain", and somehow I think I moved an apartment from the ones that come with the game into the bin too.
Tl,dr: Can I delete a lot from the lot bin, or will my game become corrupted?
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 11th May 2018 at 5:29 PM
Only deleting lived in lots is a problem.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th May 2018 at 5:37 PM
Oh, okay, thanks! (I'll still do a backup just in case lol)
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 11th May 2018 at 7:52 PM
Watch out for gravestones though - make sure there are none on lot.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 11th May 2018 at 8:21 PM
In short: Make sure when deleting a lot, no sim (or dead sim) is deleted too.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Alchemist
#6 Old 11th May 2018 at 10:31 PM
an exception on occupied lots might be the pre-made ones; but I never attempted it after getting Pets.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 11th May 2018 at 10:37 PM
I got rid of all of them, except the ones with sims in it. So in my Lot and House bin, there is only the Kat household and that other occupied one. The rest are my own lots I've built.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)