Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Oct 2018 at 10:22 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Unable to install M & G
I finally got to the Mansion and garden but it is not possible to install. Without a window that says "An error has occurred, you need to reinstall Apartmentlife" I uninstalled it, but then everything disappeared in the sims 2 folder. There were only 5 download files left. Have now copied the backup and tried to reinstall M & G but it will be the same window again.

Those mods I've been working with are only basegame so they should not be a problem.

Do I have to delete all the games and add it all over again?

And it says that all games are up to date, is there anyone who has a suggestion?

(Have windows 7)
(Sorry for my bad English)
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 27th Oct 2018 at 10:28 AM
If you are installing there should be no mods. Install each EP in turn, patching each one (ignore the up to date window) MTS hosts the patches. You might want to go and get your disk cleaned, video shops are usually good about that. If it still won't install it may be your disk is to scratched. eBay is a good place to buy a replacement.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Oct 2018 at 3:05 PM
I have now deleted the entire download folder and tried again but it is fortunate no difference the same window pops up where it says
"An error occurred while installing the update. You may need to uninstall and reinstall The Sims 2 Apartmentlife. Back up your spreadsheets first."
The computer will check if all other games are updated before the window comes up, I have had the game on this computer since 2015, I have all other EP and some SP that I installed then and in the correct order as well.
Unfortunately, I can not change the disc when purchased from an auction company.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 27th Oct 2018 at 3:10 PM
You can still get it cleaned. Does it looked scratched?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#5 Old 27th Oct 2018 at 3:45 PM
If you changed any of the core files in Apartment Life like for example the Graphics Rules.sgr then the patch will fail, since running the patches is a mandatory part of the M&G installation then you must restore all Apartment Life files back to original before you can install M&G.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 27th Oct 2018 at 8:02 PM
The disc is completely blank and nice, so I do not think it's the fault.
I was allowed to change any files for the game to work. (that was the graphics, screen size and more) I suppose I have to reinstall all games or is it enough with apartmentlife?
Because I tried with it, but it did not help and when I opened the game, the graphics were horrible. Additionally, you can not change the screen size or set even edges.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 27th Oct 2018 at 11:31 PM
Horrible graphics is a separate issue, for that you need the 4gb patch and your graphic rules setting up. I think you need to get M&G installed before worrying about that.

Make sure your anti-virus is not interfering with your install.

~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 28th Oct 2018 at 6:44 PM
Now a new problem has occurred, I uninstalled all games (maybe it was stupid) and are now installing everyone in the correct order, but Seasons do not want to install it says it will check if my existing games are updated and it says that already it is and when I click ok, there will be a new show where it says
"This patch is valid for seasons but you have a newer EP installed: If you want to be sure of the latest updates, you may need to download the update to your latest EP"
But I have not submitted a newer EP, and have tried to search the computer after the other EPs that have come later but they are not. I would like to have seasons.