Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#2001 Old 7th Jun 2017 at 10:39 PM
Oh I didn't know it would go with the lot, good to know.

Fruit trees in game are ridiculously expensive.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#2002 Old 8th Jun 2017 at 12:43 AM
So where do you get the extracted sandpile Phae?
Alchemist
#2003 Old 8th Jun 2017 at 12:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gdayars
So where do you get the extracted sandpile Phae?

I had the same question and found it here: http://modthesims.info/d/499189.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#2004 Old 8th Jun 2017 at 1:26 AM
ok thanks! I have had that in downloads folders before duh...
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#2005 Old 8th Jun 2017 at 2:38 AM
Actually, I think this is the one I have: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=289853 After reading her post more clearly, I think I didn't think it needed to be included because she cloned it from the original BV sandcastle, so without it, it reverts back to that one - but that works too!
Mad Poster
#2006 Old 8th Jun 2017 at 10:04 AM
Just want to say all the lots are looking good! (Being in waiting for foundation mode).
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#2007 Old 8th Jun 2017 at 12:14 PM
Does either sand pile work when unticked in Clean Installer? I've been away all day so I will check over things in the morning. I'm excited to post the last lot, it's quite different and so are the rules.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#2008 Old 8th Jun 2017 at 1:17 PM
bienchen's playable sandbox mod is great because of the variety and many of the items being BG compatible. For example the playable bucket uses the play in toilet animation but doesn't tank their hygiene.

I also have this sand pile which uses the "play in trash" animation: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=51438

For anyone else looking for base game compatible extra playground equipment:

Phaenoh + Pixelhate's chalk drawings: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=362815

Phaenoh's playground set has some slides and also a tower which uses the bathtub play animation: http://modthesims.info/d/412635

Trampolines: http://modthesims.info/d/169043 http://modthesims.info/d/501526 http://decatsims2.blogspot.de/2016/...santa-2015.html http://hanne-blog.blog.cz/0911/trampolina

Paddling pool for toddlers and kids: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=327949

Also a bonus swimming pool add on which allows toddlers to splash in the pool. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=327949

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2009 Old 8th Jun 2017 at 5:13 PM Last edited by Greenplumbbob : 8th Jun 2017 at 6:39 PM.
A new house for the Newman family!
Entry 4

I guess this is the first lot where I didn't run out of money! I guess I just didn't choose my families too carefully lol! I do feel the roofing is a bit overdone, although I'm not that sure about my roofing skills, so any feedback on that would be highly appreciated! ^- ~

EDIT: Tweaked it a bit! Thanks Voeille for the feedback!

And so sorry Jo for entering it pretty last minute! I know how long it takes you to get the score sheet all updated and well

Scholar
#2010 Old 8th Jun 2017 at 5:22 PM
Greenplumbbob, you could get more plants, expensive deco items or more expensive furniture to use up the money, you have almost 35k left to use

And I don’t think it’s possible for me to not run out of money – if Jo gives us 200k for the last round, I’ll happily start building and then come here complaining that I used it all and I’m not even half done

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2011 Old 8th Jun 2017 at 5:25 PM
Haha I agree with you! 200k would be great! Especially since i'm a sucker for plants and outdoors stuff. Guess my lot here on MTS would probably show how much I love them lol!

But I think you're right, I was actually just looking at the lot after publishing it, realising how some parts could indeed have some decor pieces. Let's see if I have enough time to change that real quick!
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#2012 Old 8th Jun 2017 at 5:25 PM
Haha yes. I am not used to being that limited!
Scholar
#2013 Old 8th Jun 2017 at 5:32 PM
Anyone who feels uncertain about their landscaping skills may improve in a certain contest planned for July

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#2014 Old 8th Jun 2017 at 9:50 PM
Ooh landscaping! Right up my street!

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
retired moderator
#2015 Old 8th Jun 2017 at 10:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Voeille
Anyone who feels uncertain about their landscaping skills may improve in a certain contest planned for July
If I somehow miss seeing this when it goes live, please @ or PM me! I dunno if I want to participate yet, but I FOR SURE want to watch that thread!
Mad Poster
#2016 Old 8th Jun 2017 at 10:18 PM Last edited by gazania : 9th Jun 2017 at 2:33 PM.
I'm officially back! It's been a really grueling few days, though, and right now, I'm feeling a little under the weather. I'll try to give my lot one last glance (if I'm reading the clock, I have another day?), but I am thoroughly exhausted, have things to finish up tomorrow, and won't have much time to be picky.

It was really hard to say good-bye to the real-life place where I spent a great deal of my life, and where my kids played as young children. Right before I left, I was surprised to find myself near tears, even though I've moved twice since then. The house will either be razed or stripped to the rafters. Visitors to our house have often commented how peaceful it was strolling in our yard. That peaceful area will probably hold at least one new house ... probably a duplex or triplex. But what is the saying ... The only sure thing in life is change? When next I go back, I'll probably be arrested for trespassing if I walk in that area again!

I tried to check here daily to catch up. Great to see the newer entries .. all excellent jobs! I think we beginners have ALL improved as builders.

I'm surprised, though, to see so many unsubmitted entries. I know that one or two who haven't submitted an entry have already checked in here, and apparently let us know that things are going to be really close. But in previous entries, it was just one or two who dropped out. I'd hate to see four or five drop out this time, particularly since we have only one more lot to go!

EDIT ... I thought I'd have time today for last-minute fixes. That may not be the case. My husband stayed up for an extra day or so to take care of any loose ends, since I was needed at home. Turns out there are a lot of loose ends, and I've been doing all sorts of phone calls and other actions here to make it easier up there. So I am really going to have to hope I nailed everything at this point, since by the time I'm done, the contest will probably be over, or there will be only an hour left. Good thing I worked really hard on the lot before I left.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#2017 Old 8th Jun 2017 at 10:34 PM
Yah another entry. :D

Shout out to
@Rosebine
@Kukamuukaanmuka (I know you have things going on)
@ChisanaAoi
@Phantomknight
@Goldenbtrfly
@Mordant17
@justJones

There is one day and 2 hours left on the clock.

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#2018 Old 8th Jun 2017 at 10:53 PM
I have plenty of room for expanding in my landscaping skills... @Voeille

Well, I did it. I submitted the modified A-frame for upload but since it's my first upload submission since... 2008, I'm expecting to have to correct a lot (and not just my spelling).
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#2019 Old 8th Jun 2017 at 11:04 PM
It's up and it's gorgeous!

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#2020 Old 8th Jun 2017 at 11:12 PM
Sweet Mystre not only up but picked!

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#2021 Old 8th Jun 2017 at 11:34 PM
OMGoodness! O.O Heeheee Thanks so much.
I was counting the 90 some hours so I would know when to check.
Lab Assistant
#2022 Old 8th Jun 2017 at 11:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sweet Mystre
OMGoodness! O.O Heeheee Thanks so much.
I was counting the 90 some hours so I would know when to check.

Congrats! It looks great!

Scottiedoag
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#2023 Old 9th Jun 2017 at 1:20 AM
Mine'll be here in time. I just have to take the pics. I'm not doing it right now, other stuff to do, but it'll be up in time.
Alchemist
#2024 Old 9th Jun 2017 at 2:38 AM
Round 4 Entry: The Rodneys, No CC
Required Items: I used a buffet, a bar, and the nectar bar as the party items. Those items, the barbecue, BBQ eating area, and the Little House Lantern are under their own spoiler.
CFE walls used for columns.

First, thanks to everyone who gave me feedback; I really appreciate it. I had been putting off making changes partly to see if I could come up with something better and partly because changing my roof meant redoing my dummy floor. The type of roof I used originally removed walls when I removed the roof. In the end, I was able to re-proportion the roof to make it look a little better. I didn't make the roof height lower though, since I think a house in this style wouldn't have that and it would just make the house look squished.

I apologize in advance for the awkward pics, but I couldn't figure out another way to show the walls--I went out of my way to put curtains everywhere and I want to get credit for them! Oh and I used the Ramaswamis to test the lot and everything should be usable:

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
retired moderator
#2025 Old 9th Jun 2017 at 2:58 AM
Wavy roof! OMG WIN! I've never seen that before! O.O

Page 81 of 106