Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th May 2018 at 6:03 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default University not installed
I recently had a virus and had to completely reinstall Sims 2. I have 15 Expansion Packs (incl Stuff Packs). When I run now and the startup screen shows up with 3 hoods, there is a message that I have uninstalled University and if I continue the Sims (students) will revert to Adult and go to the Sim Bin. When I check the file I can't see that anything is missing, but in Sim PE, when I go to Preferences and File Table and look at University there is on notation on a Folder, (Unused) TS Data, Res, Objects. Only when game version = 1. The Objects file has the Objects Package and is as it should be.

Can somebody tell me why this is showing up. Also, University was the first expansion pack installed after the main game, can I reinstall it now without reinstalling everything else ??? [It is possible I ran a patch on University but not sure]
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 11th May 2018 at 6:31 PM
Yes, you can install UNI at any time, like right now.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#3 Old 11th May 2018 at 7:39 PM
I have experienced, a couple of times now, the game apparently spontaneously deciding that it no longer recognises some installation of one of the parts - though usually stuff packs in my case. I noticed because some content was missing and when I checked in the programmes installed list in the Control Panel though the SPs were still listed, they were grayed out. I can't work out why it did this though I know others have had this too. In that case, it was fixed by simply reinstalling the SPs. My best guess was something got wiped in the registry and the game read the SPs as not installed (and hence didn't load the assets for the SP).

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Field Researcher
#4 Old 11th May 2018 at 8:37 PM
Check your antivirus and make sure it hasn't decided to quarantine any of the Uni files since your reinstall.

Windows can also get a bit overenthusiastic about file protection too. It's why, back in my Windows days I always installed the game to C:\Games instead of Program Files. Sims 2 doesn't mind where it is, and Windows stops trying to restore bits of your carefully modified game back to its vanilla install state.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5 Old 11th May 2018 at 10:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by muridae
I always installed the game to C:\Games instead of Program Files.

I think this is the single most important thing to remember for any game (like Sims 2) that you plan to mod (installed on Vista, Win 7, 8 or 10).

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...virtualisation/
Alchemist
#6 Old 11th May 2018 at 10:25 PM
some expansion (and the expansions after it) added a launcher. that launcher would like highlight installed packs; the other packs would be grayed out. the launcher would be brought up after double clicking desktop's shortcut.

another way to check for installed packs might be through the taskbar. in a default installation:: Start > Programs > EA GAMES